The FM Thread

.Cee

Been so unlucky in big games this season really have.

I was at Old Trafford, had most possession and chances in the game, battered them, was winning 1-0 after a great finish by Sturridge one on one with goalkeeper, then United get a jammy deflection from a corner out of nothing and it goes 1-1, but it counted as an own goal from Lucas Piazon. Then United go 2-1 up, after Ivanovic plays a simple pass to David Luiz but for some reason he's turned around and it hits off the back of his leg and Rooney grabs the ball and is one on one and scores... how lucky are Man United seriously... lucky enough Lucas Piazon manages to score a free kick and it finishes 2-2, but because Uniteds goal keeper was on top form i lost all 3 points, but damn they are so lucky.

Same happened with Tottenham i was 2-0 down and i hammered them the whole game, they got a goal from a corner then scored from a free kick lay off, screamer from Scott Parker (yeah right...) but i managed to score 2 goals in the last 5 minutes in the game, but still should of won, as Spurs's reserve keeper somohow put in a top performance.

And the same almost happened with Arsenal, they were 1-0 from a corner after i smashed them hitting the post about 3 times, then Van Pussy gives them the 1-0 lead, but managed to score 2 goals and get the deserved win. But still this is getting crazy, i keep getting really unlucky in big games hope it doesn't continue.

Which is why I stopped playing FM :ph34r:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been so unlucky in big games this season really have.

I was at Old Trafford, had most possession and chances in the game, battered them, was winning 1-0 after a great finish by Sturridge one on one with goalkeeper, then United get a jammy deflection from a corner out of nothing and it goes 1-1, but it counted as an own goal from Lucas Piazon. Then United go 2-1 up, after Ivanovic plays a simple pass to David Luiz but for some reason he's turned around and it hits off the back of his leg and Rooney grabs the ball and is one on one and scores... how lucky are Man United seriously... lucky enough Lucas Piazon manages to score a free kick and it finishes 2-2, but because Uniteds goal keeper was on top form i lost all 3 points, but damn they are so lucky.

Same happened with Tottenham i was 2-0 down and i hammered them the whole game, they got a goal from a corner then scored from a free kick lay off, screamer from Scott Parker (yeah right...) but i managed to score 2 goals in the last 5 minutes in the game, but still should of won, as Spurs's reserve keeper somohow put in a top performance.

And the same almost happened with Arsenal, they were 1-0 from a corner after i smashed them hitting the post about 3 times, then Van Pussy gives them the 1-0 lead, but managed to score 2 goals and get the deserved win. But still this is getting crazy, i keep getting really unlucky in big games hope it doesn't continue.

You have my sympathy. There's just always this inevitable feeling that you'll lose at places like Old Trafford and Emirates stadium before you even play the game. Hence, I always count 2 defeats in already when the season starts.

You have my sympathy. There's just always this inevitable feeling that you'll lose at places like Old Trafford and Emirates stadium before you even play the game. Hence, I always count 2 defeats in already when the season starts.

Lol yeah it really pisses me off, on FM 11, it was the last game of the season, it was out of Chelsea or United, i was level with them but had much better goal difference, however i drew the match and Sturridge and Chamberlain missed TWO!, open goals!, and United won so i lost the title.

I've never been as lucky as the computer are, i was once against City, got a last minute header there from a corner when they dominated me all game. Just pisses you off, but it's not just that if you look at some of the wins, such as United always get a own goal winner for them against other teams, they are just like in real life but much more exadurated, it's like unbelievable, when really you should be like 10 points above them. Anyway i'm currently 16 games into the season, United have been terrible they are 3rd about 9 points off me, where as Spurs are just 3 points behind me, they've signed a player called Solomon Rondon and he scores all the time, he's got like 19 goals already!, and where 16 games into the season.

I've got Robben, who's injured at the moment, but Cole and Ramires will remain my first choice unless I get someone like Bale because the two wide midfielders track back and form a back 5 when defending, and Robben's not the type you can ask to track back or defend well.

The big test for this tactic is when I play Rubin Kazan in a few days. So far I've only used it against Wigan and Wolves, I battered them but I think it's more likely that they're too shit rather than the tactic being too good.

I've got Robben, who's injured at the moment, but Cole and Ramires will remain my first choice unless I get someone like Bale because the two wide midfielders track back and form a back 5 when defending, and Robben's not the type you can ask to track back or defend well.

The big test for this tactic is when I play Rubin Kazan in a few days. So far I've only used it against Wigan and Wolves, I battered them but I think it's more likely that they're too shit rather than the tactic being too good.

What Sh0n3x said about Bale was the perfect fit, and i think he's the best player you can get in that position, because he's also an alternative left back, so he will track back, i also think he's got a good work rate level if i remember correctly, so should fit perfectly in your team.

What Sh0n3x said about Bale was the perfect fit, and i think he's the best player you can get in that position, because he's also an alternative left back, so he will track back, i also think he's got a good work rate level if i remember correctly, so should fit perfectly in your team.

I'm a bit short on cash, having spent around 140 million adding Leandro Damião, Schweinsteiger and Robben along with a couple of squad players to the team over 2 seasons. I can't quite cough up the ~40 million I'll need for Bale, and I've got way too many left wingers to fit him into the team- Kalou, Sturridge, Mata and Robben. I've also got 4 left backs atm, Cole, Cissokho, Bertrand and PvA.

I suppose one quick way would be to sell Cissokho and Sturridge to get me around the 20 million mark and then pull off some serious negotiating with 'Arry.

As a side note, the elder statesmen of our team have not declined much, although their values have taken a sharp nosedive. Wish real life was like FM :(

I've started a nomadic sort of save where I hang about in a league only till I win all available domestic trophies. Started off in Ukraine with Shakhtar, won the league both years and the cup in the second, reached the Europa final as well (beaten by City). Time to move, tendered my resignation and was jobless for a year after with Anzhi approached me so took them on.

I think I'll start a new save and go with 3-4-3 - Napoli style! Or I may start with Porto or Napoli themself :D

Something like

Cech

Ivanovic(Cahill) Luiz Terry

Bosingwa(Srna)----------------------Cole(Bale)

Meireles-----------Essien

Lampard(Mata)

Torres(Lukaku)---Drogba(Sturridge)

Jesus christ, Sh0n3x i can see why you've stopped playing FM, i'm Middlesbrough at the moment, every game i have most possession and tonnes of chances, but the other team keep getting draws and wins against me off corners and once chance goals, it's really annoying, it's unrealistic cause this shit doesn't happen every game, and then you get my team missing 4 one on ones every game.

Jesus christ, Sh0n3x i can see why you've stopped playing FM, i'm Middlesbrough at the moment, every game i have most possession and tonnes of chances, but the other team keep getting draws and wins against me off corners and once chance goals, it's really annoying, it's unrealistic cause this shit doesn't happen every game, and then you get my team missing 4 one on ones every game.

Hah I stopped, but a mysterious force is pulling me back to play it again. Damn game :rolleyes:

But yeah, it can get on my tit like a boss :ph34r:

OMG!, this game is really starting to piss me off, i was 1-0 up against West Ham, in stoppage time they get 2 penalties, lmao it was unbelievable cause they wernt penalties, because i said how bad the decisions were and i got no charge against me so i was right, the first one was retarded my defender cleared the ball and then 1 minute later west ham get a penalty because he barged into the palyer but won the ball easily... it was so stupid, then the 2nd one off a corner nicky baily easily gotten the ball and won the header first, and they get a penalty, and he never jumped on him or anyhting, just the normal arial clearence you see every game... this game hates me so much...

I think I'll start a new save and go with 3-4-3 - Napoli style! Or I may start with Porto or Napoli themself :D

Something like

Cech

Ivanovic(Cahill) Luiz Terry

Bosingwa(Srna)----------------------Cole(Bale)

Meireles-----------Essien

Lampard(Mata)

Torres(Lukaku)---Drogba(Sturridge)

Have never really tried playing with a back 3 before. Feels too complex to handle. :P

The now 4 formations that I use are 4-3-3/4-5-1, 4-2-2-2, 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2(narrow diamond midfield). Have always like tweaking around with the formations. :lol:

Football Manager does shit on purpose i swear...

i just got a new youth player, quality he is , he has ''could be the best player this club has had'' so he's a 5 star on potential, and he gets injured in training and is out for 5 fucking months!, can you believe that!, just my luck. I have no luck on this game i always get the group of death as i did in Europa, i'm with PSG and Roma, and Metalist... then i get Man City away in the first draw of the carling cup... are you fucking kidding me.

This game does it on purpose.