The FM Thread

.Cee

I played my first game on 2012 with Chelsea, won the league and both domestic cups in my first season, sign Cavani and he was a monster, sold Anelka, Kalou and Bosingwa.

At the start of my second season I signed Hamsik and Hazard.

As said by others, I got bored of managing a top club with the top players, so I'm currently managing Oxford United (my home town club) and I'm top of League 2 halfway though my first season.

I signed the LEGEND that is Lee Trundle for 14k, and he has scored 18 goals so far this season. I've also signed Jody Morris from St Johnstone and have Duberry at the back too so I still have my CFC connections lol.

Some recommended lower league players:

I've signed a LB from Ipswich, Shane O'Connor, very good.

Peter Leven is a great playmaker at Oxford

Adam Street is a Canadian goalkeeper available on a free.

Jamil Adam is a striker available on a free, he doesnt have the greatest stats but has performed well for me, scored 10 goals from the bench by January.

And for a laugh, why not sign Frank Sinclair, available on a free!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone else on here start in the lower leagues?

I'm managing Barnet atm, in the Championship 3 years into the game. Good rise.

Good players I'd recommend for those managing lower league clubs -

James Costigan - Irish left back, starts off in the Irish League. Search and you'll find him.

Scott Wootton - English centre back, Man U's academy product. They offer him to clubs in the first or second season.

Pablo Counago - Spanish striker who scores for fun. Available on a free.

I've used 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1 from the beginning.

Another quick question: my fullbacks keep running forward and leaving gaps behind which opposition players are exploiting. How do you stop your fullbacks from running forward all the time? I have them both set as "fullbacks - defend" and I've also set their mentality to ultra-defensive but it doesn't work. What should I do?

I've been playing FM for years now and I always find myself playing Chelsea, I've played a few foreign and lower league teams but I always seem to come back to Chelsea!

I've played about 4 different first seasons, then I'll buy an unrealistic player and restart the whole game because I feel its ruined, weird I know!

So I just wanted to know what kind of formations, players and tactics you fellas used for your Chelsea teams on FM12, I'm actually working on a facepack for the Chelsea under 18's at the moment, I'll put up a link when I'm done if anyone's interested

• 2 weeks later...

^

I've always been reluctant to play an offensive 4-2-3-1 with 2 midfielders like that. How does it fare? Any defensive leaks?

I have only just started using it but it seems ok. I was using 4-3-2-1 and that worked really well for me.