Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Using Frank as a sub/weaker team start in AMC would be brilliant. the only problem is the queue for that position at the moment. he can still play that position, is off the ball movement is fantastic, he has never had or needed the pace. stick him at AMC every now and then and use him as sub for the double pivot when needed. we love Frank, nobody here should question anyones faith towards him, but some of us clearly just dont see him fitting in with this current system RDM employs.

I would rather see Frank start a few games and come on as a sub every now and then in AMC and shine than see him slowly suffocate in that DM role that he just isnt comfortable with.

For all the men here that says that Lampard should be dropped and the 'we'll see if he cries like a baby' should all be killed by tank

Did you forget your medication? What's wrong with you?

BTW Lampard should be dropped, no question.

its really not lampards fault that he is playing bad.

1. He is not a defensive midfielder and is told to play there by dimatteo

2. He is tired from those international games in a short time

The solution is to use lampard as the attacking midfielder in big games(because of his experience and his true position is attacking)

and use him as a substitute in small games. But i dont like him beside mikel, i would rather see him behind torres with mata and hazard at the flanks.

Did you forget your medication? What's wrong with you?

Sorry if it hurts you somehow, I was not 'meaning' that of course, it was a bit of humour coming from an angry man <_< Seriously we're all Chelsea supporters and I think a lot here like RamiCFC or something a treating Lampard like a Bosingwa or Meireles in the past.You just cant drop Lampsy like that , he is a human before everything , and more than that he is a legend , a big big legend in this football club.He is not playing well in the double pivot ? Okay ,its your opinion and i fully understand that and i'm sure its right opinion , because of..... but he is our best solutions in this position for now, we just cant play Oscar who is an offensive midfielder and he is discovering the league , we have no solution , Ramires might be one , and I hope he'll be used in that position , but if its not its down to Di Matteo not Lampard.No one should really critics Lampard because he is doing his best at 34 in a new position in a new CFC.We should critic the direction that sold Essien , and didnt bring a top player in this position.

sorry for my english

Love how people think our problems are Torres btw, when it is actually Lampard leaving his new found DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER POSITION!

That is right.. Defensive midfielder.

That means Frank, you DO NOT, stand on the edge of the box.

So many times we lose the ball up field and Mikel is left 2 v1 in the middle because Frank is either up the field or jogging back into position. We have creative players now to do this, Frank does not need to be the link anymore.

Wish he'd realise this before Wednesday night or we're going to get screwed big time, Napoli style.

Love how people think our problems are Torres btw, when it is actually Lampard leaving his new found DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER POSITION!

That is right.. Defensive midfielder.

That means Frank, you DO NOT, stand on the edge of the box.

So many times we lose the ball up field and Mikel is left 2 v1 in the middle because Frank is either up the field or jogging back into position. We have creative players now to do this, Frank does not need to be the link anymore.

Wish he'd realise this before Wednesday night or we're going to get screwed big time, Napoli style.

For the millionth time, Lampard's position is not as a defensive midfielder. It's a deep-lying midfielder which is a playmaking positions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-lying_playmaker#Deep-lying_playmaker

Also, how exactly has our problem been Lampard's runs? Again, in Lampard's starts, we've scored 6 goals and conceded two, neither which have been Lampard's fault. In yesterday's game, we didn't score a goal and what's the problem? Lampard leaving Mikel exposed? How often did that happen? This nonsense has just gotten out of hand.

For the millionth time, Lampard's position is not as a defensive midfielder. It's a deep-lying midfielder

A role he doesn't play well either. How many times has Mikel been left exposed? Many times. Many. I hope RDM shocks us all and drops him for Ramires/Romeu.

A role he doesn't play well either. How many times has Mikel been left exposed? Many times. Many. I hope RDM shocks us all and drops him for Ramires/Romeu.

How many times has Lampard's leaving Mikel exposed cost us a goal? The answer is none. It's this ridiculous pretending like there is some massive emergency that needs to be rectified immediately when the problem you are complaining about hasn't cost us anything in Lampard's first three matches. Anyway, Lampard's job is not generally to provide cover for Mikel anymore than it's Hazard's job to provide cover for Lampard. (And I can't imagine you blaming Hazard when Lampard is outnumbered in the midfield). Mikel should rarely be exposed anyway as he should have two central defenders behind him most of the time (unless one of them is making a run or they are splitting wide).

Anyway, Lampard's job is not generally to provide cover for Mikel anymore than it's Hazard's job to provide cover for Lampard.

You must be joking. So you've just basically said Lampard should not be helping out Mikel in defense in a 4-2-3-1? So you believe we should have essentially 4 attackers and one DM? Utter nonsense. There are no hard and fast rules as to what makes up the double pivot. So you and others who argue the double pivot doesn't consist of 2 DM's, I can argue it doesn't have to consist of a Regista and a DM and can have 2 DMs. Especially if that Regista will offer no defensive cover, like Lampard.

Lampard's lack of cover and even lack of effective link up play (which is what he should be doing well in order to warrant a starting place) is leaving us weak in midfield. We get out played in that area. Mikel and Lampard can't play together, no fault of Mikel, who is doing a good job and has shown he can be pretty reliable. With a better partner alongside Mikel, we may strengthen this weak area.

Of course Lampard is not solely at fault for everything. However he is a weak link which we should address.

You must be joking. So you've just basically said Lampard should not be helping out Mikel in defense in a 4-2-3-1? So you believe we should have essentially 4 attackers and one DM? Utter nonsense. There are no hard and fast rules as to what makes up the double pivot. So you and others who argue the double pivot doesn't consist of 2 DM's, I can argue it doesn't have to consist of a Regista and a DM and can have 2 DMs. Especially if that Regista will offer no defensive cover, like Lampard.

Lampard's lack of cover and even lack of effective link up play (which is what he should be doing well in order to warrant a starting place) is leaving us weak in midfield. We get out played in that area. Mikel and Lampard can't play together, no fault of Mikel, who is doing a good job and has shown he can be pretty reliable. With a better partner alongside Mikel, we may strengthen this weak area.

Of course Lampard is not solely at fault for everything. However he is a weak link which we should address.

I never said that Lampard doesn't have to help out defensively, just that his position is not about covering for Mikel. That's how the system works. Every single player has to help out defensively. . In Lampard's 3 games, we have outscored out opponents 6-2 but we need to drop him. He has not made a single run that has led to the other side scoring. This massive defensive problem that we have hasn't cost us a single goal but it needs to happen immediately. As for the 4-2-3-1, it is possible to play any way you want but nobody does actually play with two defensive midfielders for a reason. It's a horrible system that creates no ball movement.You are also calling Lampard a weak link after 3 poor matches? After a fabulous decade for us, in the middle of 2 straight man of the match performances for England suddenly Lampard is done because he's had a mediocre 3 matches in the league. It's a ridiculous over-reaction. And I'm sick of seeing the RDM has to be "brave" or "have balls" bullshit. He doesn't play the players you want because he doesn't think it's best for the team, not because he's a coward.

And I'm sick of seeing the RDM has to be "brave" or "have balls" bullshit. He doesn't play the players you want because he doesn't think it's best for the team, not because he's a coward.

I'll just say this - not many will complain if we play slightly defensive against top teams, but against mid-table teams/relegation teams who are playing 2 genuine wingers? it is ridiculous.

I'll just say this - not many will complain if we play slightly defensive against top teams, but against mid-table teams/relegation teams who are playing 2 genuine wingers? it is ridiculous.

It's not the formation I would have chosen, but I also don't know what he knows. We're not at training. We aren't getting the game broken down for us repeatedly by experts. People here will say "We need to play this or that player". Maybe that player has been awful at training. Maybe they don't track back at all. Maybe they aren't clicking with their teammates at all. Maybe they don't understand their role. RDM is sometimes too conservative for my tastes but it's playing it safe rather than being a coward. I think he wants players to earn their playing time and his trust and I don't see anything wrong with that. It's a long season and I am sure as the season goes along, we will see a lot of changes.

LA Galaxy have made Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard top of their priority list, according to reports in the English press.

Lampard, 34, has less than a year left on his Chelsea contract and could sign a pre-contract agreement in January with a view to moving to the MLS in the summer.

A report in the Sun revealed that the midfielder's representative, Steve Kutner, was spotted in the crowd as the Galaxy beat Toronto 4-2 on Saturday night and a source told the paper: "We want the best players from around the world and Frank is top of our list. Getting Frank would send a message around the world that the MLS is serious."

The Galaxy currently have three designated players over the salary cap imposed - David Beckham, Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan - and would have to make room in the budget if they were to bring Lampard in as well.

Still, after AEG president Tim Leiweke revealed that he was "a big fan of Frank's" in the summer, Lampard insisted that he "wouldn't rule anything out at the moment" as discussions over his future took place. With no resolution imminent from the Blues, the midfielder may well be persuaded to seek a new challenge.

http://soccernet.esp...-report?cc=4716