Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Then you basically have made him bigger then the club, a big no no (for any player) in my book.

He is not bigger than the club but you're just comparing him to a Robin van Persie or a Pirlo when he was at Milan and that is not the case, he is a special player and he is Chelsea, what i mean is that when you talk about Chelsea with people, the first thing they think is : Chelsea = Lampard/Terry/Drogba/Cech and then there are the other players...Lampard represents the Blues now because of his years at the club, his important assists&goals and because he is the captain when JT is out.He is a living legend as much as much as Totti is for Roma for an exemple, you just cant get rid of him, too much important, and still contribute to the team.

He is not bigger than the club but you're just comparing him to a Robin van Persie or a Pirlo when he was at Milan and that is not the case, he is a special player and he is Chelsea, what i mean is that when you talk about Chelsea with people, the first thing they think is : Chelsea = Lampard/Terry/Drogba/Cech and then there are the other players...Lampard represents the Blues now because of his years at the club, his important assists&goals and because he is the captain when JT is out.He is a living legend as much as much as Totti is for Roma for an exemple, you just cant get rid of him, too much important, and still contribute to the team.

People thought about that with Raul and Real Madrid, still let him go when he was 33/34.

Again, the club should not be bending backwards to keep him. If they offer him a one year one year contract on reduced wages, then fine, but offering him two years or the same wages is risky and comes across as giving in to media and fan pressure, a sing of weakness for future players.

Look, my final stance is a one year contract on reduced wages (£60,000-£80,000). But if what the Mail is reporting is true then its absolutely ridiculous. And with some fans yapping that we have to keep Lampard at all cost means they basically see him as bigger then the club, one of the biggest rules on how to not run a football club.

But what is absolutely pissing me of is the whole media coverage. Ever since the thought came that Chelsea may not keep Lampard they've been acting like the crime of the century has been committed. Its been wall to wall coverage on how Chelsea is wrong and how Chelsea is crazy, like we've been closing down 6 orphanages while burning money London Great Ormond street hospital. I mean for fucks sake the ITV highlights spent 60% discussing about him, when he only played 30 minutes and scored when the game wass well and truly over. When Madrid let Raul and Guti leave, was there anywhere near the amount of commotion in the Spanish media like today? I honestly wonder if Lampard is paying these journalist to print out this coverage. Circus does not begin how stupendous and overblown this coverage has been, more like a drug induced calamity.

I absolutely agree. To me it's a joke if the club aren't saying that his wages have to be reduced first and foremost. The contract he signed 5 years ago was for the player he was 5 years ago and he simply isn't that guy anymore.

To me though, he's an absolute legend whether he gets that record or not. Hs reputation was solidified when he played for the team so soon after his mother passed and stepped up to take the penalty against Liverpool. Whether he stays or goes that won't change.

They can bench him, cut his wages, let him go, give him a contract, or make him manager, but it doesn't matter because they can't take Frank Lampard away from Chelsea. The man is a legend at this club and his name will be sung for the next three years and more, contract or not. I am never more proud as a Chelsea Supporter than when Frank scores and kisses and pulls on the logo on his shirt.

And you're right, he's not bigger than this club. But I personally think that he is bigger than any other individual currently employed by CFC.

People need to stop going on about how much Torres earns - Torres should not be used as the bench mark for players wages!!

Would love for Frank to stay with the club, but at 34 it just has to be a 1yr contract and he has to take a pay cut - We're not QPR, we dont want to be paying stupid money for ancient players.

People thought about that with Raul and Real Madrid, still let him go when he was 33/34.

Again, the club should not be bending backwards to keep him. If they offer him a one year one year contract on reduced wages, then fine, but offering him two years or the same wages is risky and comes across as giving in to media and fan pressure, a sing of weakness for future players.

True, but there's also a difference. Raul wanted to leave, as he didn't want to become a mere squad player.

True, but there's also a difference. Raul wanted to leave, as he didn't want to become a mere squad player.

But the problem is will Lampard be willing to have a squad role. Under AVB it seemed he didn't I mean Rafa seems to start him whenever possible and even when on the bench he keeps getting at least 30 minutes. I guess it will all depend on whether he wants to take a pay cut. If he doesn't (or the board keeps the wages he is on0 then the signs suggest no.

But the problem is will Lampard be willing to have a squad role. Under AVB it seemed he didn't I mean Rafa seems to start him whenever possible and even when on the bench he keeps getting at least 30 minutes. I guess it will all depend on whether he wants to take a pay cut. If he doesn't (or the board keeps the wages he is on0 then the signs suggest no.

Honestly, don't know the answer to that one. We can only wait and find out.

I think it's more of Mourinho want him to leave

I believe Mourinho did state that he wanted him to stay,..its just that he would not guarantee regular playing time.