Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I can't see that on my phone - what does it say?

Devastated is an understatement.We should retire the number 8 shirt in honour of Lamps.

#theheartbeat #hero #legend #hero #goalmachine #friend #ktbffh #cfc #chelsea

Well ,for me its just its just too soon for Frank Lampard to leave , its seems that this will happen , incredible, joke of a board , idiots.

What I don't understand is why we try to play him in the two in front of the defense.

He's never been very good at that position.

In 2006, When England try him and Gerrard as a two central midfield, it was awful.

Play him behind behind the striker in easy game and as coming player when we must score a goal.

The only way he can play in the two is when we play deep and play a counter-attacking game. When we must play and use him in a build-up, it's not great. He tends to not stay there and play a more direct style.

Against QPR, he never stayed with Luiz, he only passed to him to than move forward without having a chance to receive it back, waiting to be in end phase of the build-up to score or assist while the position is to set-up the other players.

Devastated is an understatement.We should retire the number 8 shirt in honour of Lamps.

Well ,for me its just its just too soon for Frank Lampard to leave , its seems that this will happen , incredible, joke of a board , idiots.

Cheers buddy - my argument against keeping Lampard centred around his wages. If reports of him willing to take a big pay cut are true then this decision is ridiculous!

Retiring the shirt is unlikely. It's not like it's the number 25, it's number 8 which probably sounds weird but actually makes a lot of sense..... maybe :blink::blink:

Anyway, it's sad and there will be tears at the end of the season but this is football. Old heroes move on so that new ones can take their place and I've said it before, but you have to give the board credit for the job they've done recruiting young players to fight for that spot.

Retiring the number 8 shirt is not an option, you don't retire squad numbers. Plenty of other ways to honor Lamps' time here.

We don't officially retire numbers, but Zola's hasn't been used since he left and I doubt JT's will be either. If I had to guess, I'd say it won't be issued to a player next season and someone will have to win it. I'd love for that to be Josh.

@OliverKayTimes: To clarify re Lampard, there have been no negotiations at all. Lampard hoped to stay but #CFC have offered nothing - not even reduced terms.

I am not sure about the credibility of this guy but I don't think this is true. I can't believe that Chelsea offered him nothing.

We don't officially retire numbers, but Zola's hasn't been used since he left and I doubt JT's will be either. If I had to guess, I'd say it won't be issued to a player next season and someone will have to win it. I'd love for that to be Josh.

I think we all want to see McEachran wear the number 8 one day.

This whole saga is quite depressing. It all seems so surreal.