Torres the new AM?

tmessy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is our problem.

If he has those assets why make him a "normal"attacking midfielder? When he gets on form, the ability to beat the player, is what makes him world-class. If we do this why not go ahead and make Luiz a DM or Drogba a defender. It just takes away what makes them so special into something good, but not unique or special. I may be hyperbolic but come on let's go and find a natural AM like Lucas M.

is rooney an AM? no.. his postion...

If your suggestion was to pair him with another striker, that would be fine, since he has shown a capacity for link-up play...but as pure attacking midfielder? No..

Torres needs to be in his best position, which is upfront...free from any defense related duties and the responsibility of orchestrating the team's build-up play

Imagine how much that will kick his confidence if we were to do that......... That is basically saying you are finished son and you have to play a role in were we can hide it. I personally think he is finished which is sad, great bit of business by Liverpool though.

could give two sh*ts weather or not torres is scoring goals, cuz eventually those assists will come his way. drogba and torres couldnt work together cuz none was willing to do the hard work for the other striker. rooney works hard for berbatov, aguero works hard for balotelli. studge i believe/hope WOULD work hard for torres.

If your suggestion was to pair him with another striker, that would be fine, since he has shown a capacity for link-up play...but as pure attacking midfielder? No..

Torres needs to be in his best position, which is upfront...free from any defense related duties and the responsibility of orchestrating the team's build-up play

the reason for the tittle was merely for the purpose of people to be drawn to it... but no, he is a STRIKER i know that... ROONEY is a striker but plays just on top of Hernandez... thats what we need to do..

I would be saying 'team comes first and it doesn't matter whether he scores goals or not, as long as he works for the team and helps the team score it's fine.'

But it's not, he must start scoring because that's what the club paid millions for. He was bought to score goals, simple as.

I would be saying 'team comes first and it doesn't matter whether he scores goals or not, as long as he works for the team and helps the team score it's fine.'

But it's not, he must start scoring because that's what the club paid millions for. He was bought to score goals, simple as.

I somewhat agree.

The problem hasn't been about the fact he wasn't scoring mostly, but because it seemed he wasn't looking to be scoring the goals - yes you can blame the lack of oppertunites with the uncreative spine of our team, but he never tried to start something nor ending it. But, in the previous games, he has been working hard with team play and his movement as well. Chasing down balls from the defenders, coming deep and wide to ensure something happens that ends with a goal, which is the reason why i think he has been assisting so much this season. In the Wolves game, his confidence was high and he actually attempted to go one-on-one with defenders and most of the time winning, which was such a rare thing the first couple of games when he first came. But, the finishing hasn't really clicked - i believe maybe a few more games and he will gradually find the back of the net. Gradually does come across a 'long peroid', but if he can help others find the back of the net, whilst he finds it himself - then i would accept that. In the end of the day, if he assists goals and building towards scoring them himself, it is better then going for a Ruby conversion (if that is the right terminology) - goals are goals which ultimately earns wins and points, more points more beneficial in the league we can get.

His record in the CL this season still looks amazing, 5 games, 2 goals and 3 assists. Hopefully he takes the oppertunity of Didi going to ACoN to find the back of the net and establish himself into the team -which i am more confident saying then previously!

His record in the CL this season still looks amazing, 5 games, 2 goals and 3 assists.

Hardly amazing. Both of those goals came in one game against a piss team. Although yes, by his new standards, I suppose you can call it amazing.

Hardly amazing. Both of those goals came in one game against a piss team. Although yes, by his new standards, I suppose you can call it amazing.

Out of the whole thing you quote that :rolleyes:

Yes, by his standards it does look good.

Torres is not finished its funny how people were laughing at Bayern when Gomes was not performing after been their most expensive player ever and 2day he scores nobody 's business ..torres and Demba were cut from the same cloth ...but the other one lacks belief for now ...plus how will u dell if u are new inthe family but the elders don't show u enough love ...get rid of drogba

This is a joke? Torres can't play AM, Rooney is a different player completely. He affects the game in 100 different ways. Torres cannot do this. Rooney will run 60 yards back to recieve the ball and start an attack, Torres won't. Thats what CAM do, work. Everyone in here says he gets no support or passes, if it was Rooney he go back and get the ball, show frustration. Torres just walks with his head down due to lack on anything good. Again look at yday's game. I don't mean to keep stating the obvious, but do we have a striker who scores? Have we had one this season? NO. We have no-one and I mean no-one in our whole squad who plays as a CF who can score right now. Any potential i.e. Lukaku won't get a chance either. So that is where we need to strengthen. Torres isn't good enough to be playing week in week out right now, it's catch 22. He needs games, but we can't afford to play him over and over again with no end result, we will end up losing as a team. Thats what this is about, whats best for the team. Not Torres.