Chelsea 4-0 Portsmouth

BlueLion.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still back him, but André's lack of trust in some of our youth players is disillusioning. Bertrand gets 4 minutes, Lukaku gets 2?

My friend is all about the team state of mind.

I am not sure if I can put that in better word, but I will simply give some examples and illustration.

Take example Bolton Owen Coyle. The last two seasons he had two loan players, one was Wilshere, and the next one was Sturridge.

During that time these two kids excell, but when they excell how was the team doing?

They where up on the rise, very organized, and good spirit.

In this new season, when Kakuta got loaned to that same team, it was harder because the team was in shambles. They are fighting for a relegatin spot, and this type of environment is very hard for a youngster to take part.

It is why as frustating a lot of people where with Carlo, by not putting too much preassure on the youngster it might have helped them.

Right now Chelsea is also in a same situation. Going through a tough time, and i don't think it would be wise to put these youngs kids in the fire and risk the chance of hindering their growth for the coming years.

A much improved second half from what i heard on the radio, Ramires with 2 Mata with a goal and guess who got the last goal ? Torres got 2 assists and the only player who had a shocker from what i heard was Raul but then again it was Burley who was commentating. How can a former Chelsea player be that bitter against the club ?

Chelsea youngster does not not want to return to Stamford Bridge in the summer

http://www.london24....mmer_1_1171615?

Surprise?!

Seriously?

He knows he wouldn't get the same amout of game time as at HSV. We have Luiz,Terry, Ivanovic and possibly Cahill playing there. Staying there is better for him and us.

My friend is all about the team state of mind.

I am not sure if I can put that in better word, but I will simply give some examples and illustration.

Take example Bolton Owen Coyle. The last two seasons he had two loan players, one was Wilshere, and the next one was Sturridge.

During that time these two kids excell, but when they excell how was the team doing?

They where up on the rise, very organized, and good spirit.

In this new season, when Kakuta got loaned to that same team, it was harder because the team was in shambles. They are fighting for a relegatin spot, and this type of environment is very hard for a youngster to take part.

It is why as frustating a lot of people where with Carlo, by not putting too much preassure on the youngster it might have helped them.

Right now Chelsea is also in a same situation. Going through a tough time, and i don't think it would be wise to put these youngs kids in the fire and risk the chance of hindering their growth for the coming years.

I would completely understand if this were a league fixture. However his is an FA Cup fixture v. Portsmouth. They're not a serious threat, they're not hard tackling and the pressure wouldn't be too great. We're not even saying they should all start but come on, Bertrand for Cole makes sense. Cole's played every game, virtually! Ryan's 22, he's got tons of experience etc. But no. André brings him on in the 86th minute! What's the point? Why not bring him on a bit earlier?

I would completely understand if this were a league fixture. However his is an FA Cup fixture v. Portsmouth. They're not a serious threat, they're not hard tackling and the pressure wouldn't be too great. We're not even saying they should all start but come on, Bertrand for Cole makes sense. Cole's played every game, virtually! Ryan's 22, he's got tons of experience etc. But no. André brings him on in the 86th minute! What's the point? Why not bring him on a bit earlier?

Well the only way to answer this sort of question, is to go back to a similar scenario last year when where in some sort of same predicament with Carlo. Qualified for the next CL stage, and instead of playing nothing but younger players we played the majority of the older core team.

Why was this done?

Well I think for the same reason it was done today.....

In a way, Bertrand not playing for longer was the only one that didn't make sense to me. He's unfortunate in the fact that we have one of the best LBs in the world who is consistently good. His attacking prowess seems to be a little wayward this season, but his defending is still solid and his fitness is unquestionable. Also begs the question of Van Aanholt's future at the club.

Bertrand gets treated as a backup player rather than a prospect it's fucking ridiculus, and McEachran never comes on because if he plays for longer than 10 minutes he will get burned out for life.

Well the only way to answer this sort of question, is to go back to a similar scenario last year when where in some sort of same predicament last season with Carlo. Qualified for the next CL stage, and instead of playing nothing but younger players we played the majority of the older core team.

Why was this done?

Well I think for the same reason it was done today.....

Thus we all became disillusioned with Carlo because of his seldom use of the young players. When André was brought in, several people tesitified that he was a manager who uses academy players. I would've thought this would be one of club's objectives, Arnesen often said Roman had this ambition.