Chelsea 4-0 Portsmouth

BlueLion.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes!, good turn around, a nice victory. I really hope this will change mentallity, but i also hope we get that creative midfielder, because we will see Ramires playing better and with more confidence and that's good to see.

thats fine but can we not expect our striker to score once in a while? we were struggling to break doen portsmouth. Hes movement so far this season has been non existent and he cant finish, hence the reason we struggle when he plays

I don't know how he played (obviously). For all we know he had a stormer and was unlucky not to score, or did nothing apart from two passes that led to goals. Either way, he's made a telling contribution, so let's be happy with that for the moment.

Disagree about the movement part, he's much improved in that regard this season whenever he's had a consistent run of games. It's the composure and confidence in front of goal that's lacking sorely.

thats fine but can we not expect our striker to score once in a while? we were struggling to break doen portsmouth. Hes movement so far this season has been non existent and he cant finish, hence the reason we struggle when he plays

His movement hasn't been bad, he has been making good and fast runs behind defenders, but no one plays him in, Arsenal game for example, if you watched him he was making runs then getting pissed off because no one was passing the ball to him. He was even open twice for a simple square and no one could even gave that to him. Can't blame him for not being confident there, it would still be nice to see a supporting winger and a creative midfielder to help him out. If you've watched the past games he barely makes runs into the box anymore, which is good because now he wont get lost in the game, but i think he will be able to do that if we get a better team to help him.

I still back him, but André's lack of trust in some of our youth players is disillusioning. Bertrand gets 4 minutes, Lukaku gets 2?

The 4 & 2 minutes are for 'appearances sake' only, humiliating amount of game time for Lukaku especially.

So, 8-0 Barcelona-esque play or bust?

did I say that? But some decent passing and movement would be nice. Even the Chelsea TV commentators were frustrated by our awful passing in the 1st half and kept saying over and over that there was simply no precision passing, attacking movement, etc.

The three goals at the end definitely seem to flatter us. Job done. Move on. But a creative midfielder is a must.

The 4 & 2 minutes are for 'appearances sake' only, humiliating amount of game time for Lukaku especially.

Possibly, for Lukaku personally, but the importance of the team and the club should take precedence. Torres needs to hit form, he's the one who supposed to spearhead our attack with Drogba gone, and perhaps the management saw this game as one where he could put in a good performance against weaker opposition (not sure if he did or not however).

did I say that? But some decent passing and movement would be nice. Even the Chelsea TV commentators were frustrated by our awful passing in the 1st half and kept saying over and over that there was simply no precision passing, attacking movement, etc.

The three goals at the end definitely seem to flatter us. Job done. Move on. But a creative midfielder is a must.

I can agree with that.