Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

From Spain. A local newspaper in Valencia, Plaza Deportiva, says that our scouts in Spain have been seeing Andre Gomes Stadium in Valencia Mestalla, by the request of Jose Mourinho itself.

http://www.plazadeportiva.com/ver/33441/mourinho-no-le-quita-ojo-a-andre-.html

This newspaper (Plaza Deportiva) is a local newspaper from Valencia and they are usually very knowledgeable of everything related to Valencia CF.

It is a good offensive, tall and very capable midfielder to reach the opponent's box. The type of player that Jose usually want. Andre Gomes is Portuguese.

His representative is Jorge Mendes, the same Jose.

In my opinion he could be a good signing. But doing business with Valencia C. F. It would be perfect for us because I'm sure that Valencia would be the best place to give on loan Nathan Ake (besides Atletico de Madrid) and they'd be interested in several of our players (Oriol Romeo - he played with them - Mikel ... .). They also would accept on loan Kallas, Baker ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxcVubMGgd8

Regards to ALL.

Are they really reliable? Mendes being his agent is a positive sign at least.

Gomes is one of my favourite youngsters.

From Spain. A local newspaper in Valencia, Plaza Deportiva, says that our scouts in Spain have been seeing Andre Gomes Stadium in Valencia Mestalla, by the request of Jose Mourinho itself.

http://www.plazadeportiva.com/ver/33441/mourinho-no-le-quita-ojo-a-andre-.html

This newspaper (Plaza Deportiva) is a local newspaper from Valencia and they are usually very knowledgeable of everything related to Valencia CF.

It is a good offensive, tall and very capable midfielder to reach the opponent's box. The type of player that Jose usually want. Andre Gomes is Portuguese.

His representative is Jorge Mendes, the same Jose.

In my opinion he could be a good signing. But doing business with Valencia C. F. It would be perfect for us because I'm sure that Valencia would be the best place to give on loan Nathan Ake (besides Atletico de Madrid) and they'd be interested in several of our players (Oriol Romeo - he played with them - Mikel ... .). They also would accept on loan Kallas, Baker ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxcVubMGgd8

Regards to ALL.

He has the strength and skill to hold the ball under pressure, has so much energy to move box to box and can shoot from distance..... I'm in love

Not sure about his decision making or passing but if it's anywhere near Matic level we could get him. We need more quality and strength in the middle.

Are they really reliable? Mendes being his agent is a positive sign at least.

Gomes is one of my favourite youngsters.

Hi friend!

Yes, I think they are reliable. Plaza Deportiva, is not a major newspaper in Spain, but is a newspaper of the Valencian community and they are very close to everything surrounding about community teams. This type of newspapers often have quite accurately the information of the teams in his city, so their information can be very reliable. I think we can trust, is not tabloids.

In Spain there are four imporant Newspapers about sports: As y Marca (Real Madrid); Sport and Mundo Deportivo (Barcelona). The rest of the information about the team depends of the small newspapers. Plaza Deportiva is a newspaper that often give very reliable information about Valencia CF.

This season has been rumored a couple of times that Mourinho wants Andres Gomes with US. Since last summer was long rumored but eventually he signed for Valencia. And now the rumor reappears.

I totally agree that the fact that Jorge Mendes to be his representative can help us a lot. Surely the negotiation between Valencia and US will be more easier.

Jorge Mendes is creating a great team with Valencia, as he already tried with Monaco. I'm sure players like Nathan Ake, Kallas, Omeruo, Lucas Piazon ... can go to Valencia on loan, and Romeu, Mikel or even Ramires (if he wants) as a transfer.

I also think Gomes is a great player. I do not see Valencia as much as Barcelona, Madrid and Atletico Madrid, but every time I've seen him I found a great player with a great future. A perfect player for Jose.

Regards.

Hi friend!

Yes, I think they are reliable. Plaza Deportiva, is not a major newspaper in Spain, but is a newspaper of the Valencian community and they are very close to everything surrounding about community teams. This type of newspapers often have quite accurately the information of the teams in his city, so their information can be very reliable. I think we can trust, is not tabloids.

In Spain there are four imporant Newspapers about sports: As y Marca (Real Madrid); Sport and Mundo Deportivo (Barcelona). The rest of the information about the team depends of the small newspapers. Plaza Deportiva is a newspaper that often give very reliable information about Valencia CF.

This season has been rumored a couple of times that Mourinho wants Andres Gomes with US. Since last summer was long rumored but eventually he signed for Valencia. And now the rumor reappears.

I totally agree that the fact that Jorge Mendes to be his representative can help us a lot. Surely the negotiation between Valencia and US will be more easier.

Jorge Mendes is creating a great team with Valencia, as he already tried with Monaco. I'm sure players like Nathan Ake, Kallas, Omeruo, Lucas Piazon ... can go to Valencia on loan, and Romeu, Mikel or even Ramires (if he wants) as a transfer.

I also think Gomes is a great player. I do not see Valencia as much as Barcelona, Madrid and Atletico Madrid, but every time I've seen him I found a great player with a great future. A perfect player for Jose.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply. I hope the rumours are true.

He has the strength and skill to hold the ball under pressure, has so much energy to move box to box and can shoot from distance..... I'm in love

Not sure about his decision making or passing but if it's anywhere near Matic level we could get him. We need more quality and strength in the middle.

Hi friend!

Totally agree with you. You made a perfect description.

Hopefully we can get this signing and players like him. That is the way, the next step for the next season.

I put some videos if anyone wants to know something more about Andre Gomes (Valencia FC) (Portuguese).

1. André Gomes vs Cordoba | Valencia CF | 14/15 ᴴᴰ.

2. André Gomes vs Sevilla (26/01/2015) HD .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUNaSRiQjkk

3. Andre Gomes vs Barcelona | Best Moments | Valencia CF.

4, André Gomes vs Getafe | Valencia CF | 14/15 ᴴᴰ.

5. André Gomes vs Elche | Valencia CF | 14/15 ᴴᴰ.

6. Andre Gomes | Skills, Passes, Goals | Valencia CF 2015 HD.

7. André Gomes | Valencia CF | 2014 ᴴᴰ.

8. André Gomes - Goals, Skills & Assists (13/14) HD.

9. André Gomes | 2015 | Season so far with Valencia CF.

Regards.

We'd probably have to meet his release clause given that Valencia don't need to sell. I imagine it'd be a very expensive signing, no?

Hi friend!

The clause Andre Gomes are 50 million euros (£ 36.85), but with EUR 25 or 30 million (£ 18.43 or £ 22.11) I believe that Valencia would be very happy.

There is an important thing to consider: Mendes is a businessman, he gets benefits for each transfer in each operation. So Mendes would be the most interested in selling to Gomes and make more money.

A good example is Falcao. His first idea was to sell it to Monaco and a year later transfer it to Madrid or other large teams to make more money.

Regards.

I hear what you're saying, and yes marking is a pretty big weakness in his game. But we see some terrible defending in Chelsea colours as well, the same goes for City, Arsenal etc.
Let's just say I rate him a bit higher than you do.

Using the defensive deficiencies of others to justify Vertonghen's is not very convincing, is it? It's just like saying 'oh, it's ok Ivanovic and Cahill make defensive errors because others do it too'.

Using the defensive deficiencies of others to justify Vertonghen's is not very convincing, is it? It's just like saying 'oh, it's ok Ivanovic and Cahill make defensive errors because others do it too'.

Actually it is. It shows that defenders everywhere make mistakes. You could pick out any defender in the world and they all have a collection of 'errors', some more than others. For me, defenders in general receive too much stick and I find it strange how one mistake can define their entire performance. It's too much look at how poorly the defender or defending team did, and too little look at how well the attacker or attacking team did. Flawless defending would mean no goals. This does not excuse truly poor defending and any real errors though.

You pointed out a couple of mistakes Vertonghen made, that does not make him a bad defender. I'm sure he's put in fine or great defensive displays as well. Someone like Kompany is the superior defender. Capable of wonderful defending, but I've seen him do things that made me scratch my head.

But this is a completely different topic though, and this isn't going anywhere. You think Vertonghen is poor, I don't. That's football I guess.

Actually it is. It shows that defenders everywhere make mistakes. You could pick out any defender in the world and they all have a collection of 'errors', some more than others. For me, defenders in general receive too much stick and I find it strange how one mistake can define their entire performance. It's too much look at how poorly the defender or defending team did, and too little look at how well the attacker or attacking team did. Flawless defending would mean no goals. This does not excuse truly poor defending and any real errors though.

You pointed out a couple of mistakes Vertonghen made, that does not make him a bad defender. I'm sure he's put in fine or great defensive displays as well. Someone like Kompany is the superior defender. Capable of wonderful defending, but I've seen him do things that made me scratch my head.

But this is a completely different topic though, and this isn't going anywhere. You think Vertonghen is poor, I don't. That's football I guess.

Every defender makes mistake but the best or better ones make fewer than others. Vertonghen has his qualities but he's a tad too error prone from a defensive point of view.

I agree with your viewpoint and Jasons above - but for me Vertinghon - the issue is not skill, it's attitude.

It maybe just playing at the Spuds - but he's looked disinterested and uncommitted - that just doesn't seem like a Chelsea player. We need mentally strong players who will fight 100% and give 100% every game.

I'm just not convinced he would do this. In terms of ability - he has all of the basics, but it's the mental side of things that IMHO are lacking.

Toby Alderweireld appears to be on the move this summer - http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2365421/southampton-defender-toby-alderweireld-hints-at-tottenham-move

IF we can't get someone like Varane in (doubt we can), would he be a good option..?

Gimenez from atletico or Godin would be my pick if we cant get Varane.

I agree with your viewpoint and Jasons above - but for me Vertinghon - the issue is not skill, it's attitude.

It maybe just playing at the Spuds - but he's looked disinterested and uncommitted - that just doesn't seem like a Chelsea player. We need mentally strong players who will fight 100% and give 100% every game.

I'm just not convinced he would do this. In terms of ability - he has all of the basics, but it's the mental side of things that IMHO are lacking.

He's moaned several times about wanting to play in the Champions League and that's probably he doesn't look bothered too much half of the time.

He's moaned several times about wanting to play in the Champions League and that's probably he doesn't look bothered too much half of the time.

Fair point - but HE chose to move to Spuds...

In life you have to live with the consequences of your decisions.

If Jose doesn't select grim for a few games - will he bitch and moan here? If that happens he probably won't play again.

But life is all about risk.

I can't ever see this happening TBH as Levy wI'll not sell to us!

No, you misunderstood what we were talking about. It was never about Vertonghen joining Chelsea or being good enough to play for Chelsea. Just a little discussion about his quality as a player.

And I agree with you, he's not Chelsea material. Like I said before, Spurs is his level and he's fine defender for Spurs imo.