Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Truly back. 

Mustacchio, RR, Andre Silva, Kessie and very close for Biglia, Conti and Keita. 

Thats 7 new players ready for first 11 and while they are all qulity improvements for milan, I question their chemistry.  

Probably thats why they are doing it so soon, to have as much preseason together as possible.

Kudos to milan for doing brilliant job on market but this could backfire. By all accounts Inter should be much better last season too, but they were rather shit.

Lol I think we're getting a clear image now regarding the Sanchez and James rumors. City is the only PL club linked with him now and a lot of sources say Chelsea don't want to pay 60+m for James  

I sincerely doubt we're going to make any big name signings. I don't consider Lukaku a big name so. 

James, Sanchez, Sandro. All not happening. It seems to me that Chelsea have changed their transfer policy and it's up to Antonio Conte wether he's going to accept that or not. 

If not, he will walk and we might as well give up. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I'll bet you anything that they'll still finish 15+ points behind Juve next season.

Maybe but doubt their main objective is to challenge Juventus for the title. Serie A have 4 Champions League spots next season and that will be their main target.

53 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

Lol I think we're getting a clear image now regarding the Sanchez and James rumors. City is the only PL club linked with him now and a lot of sources say Chelsea don't want to pay 60+m for James  

I sincerely doubt we're going to make any big name signings. I don't consider Lukaku a big name so. 

James, Sanchez, Sandro. All not happening. It seems to me that Chelsea have changed their transfer policy and it's up to Antonio Conte wether he's going to accept that or not. 

If not, he will walk and we might as well give up. 

Sounds like you've already given up. The market isn't even open yet, all these rumours and "linking" are click bait made up by sites/journalists to drive traffic. Conte has his list of players he wants and his idea of how he wants us to play next year. The board has his list and are working to sign the players. If this were the 12th of August i might agree with you, but its the 12th of June. Take a breath, be positive and we will see how the summer unfolds. 

8 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Sounds like you've already given up. The market isn't even open yet, all these rumours and "linking" are click bait made up by sites/journalists to drive traffic. Conte has his list of players he wants and his idea of how he wants us to play next year. The board has his list and are working to sign the players. If this were the 12th of August i might agree with you, but its the 12th of June. Take a breath, be positive and we will see how the summer unfolds. 

While I agree with you in regards to the it's only June aspect, surely you can see it from the side that bar the Cesc/Costa window a few seasons ago, we've been ridiculously poor when it comes to getting targets.

I truly believe that paying large fees like we did for Torres/Sheva and for them to underachieve has scarred us fans and the club in the transfer market. You see it all the time that x player is touted at £60-70m and immediately that player is deemed too expensive/not worth it and we should be looking to getting someone else for cheaper, even if that said player would be a good acquisition for the club and strengthen us as a whole.

What us fans and the club have to accept is that the transfer market has changed now and these fees are the norm. If we are going to push on as a club then we have to just pay these types of fees quoted or risk a repeat of the 15/16 season.

8 minutes ago, Dingus said:

While I agree with you in regards to the it's only June aspect, surely you can see it from the side that bar the Cesc/Costa window a few seasons ago, we've been ridiculously poor when it comes to getting targets.

I truly believe that paying large fees like we did for Torres/Sheva and for them to underachieve has scarred us fans and the club in the transfer market. You see it all the time that x player is touted at £60-70m and immediately that player is deemed too expensive/not worth it and we should be looking to getting someone else for cheaper, even if that said player would be a good acquisition for the club and strengthen us as a whole.

What us fans and the club have to accept is that the transfer market has changed now and these fees are the norm. If we are going to push on as a club then we have to just pay these types of fees quoted or risk a repeat of the 15/16 season.

But my point is that the numbers floated in the media are NEVER right, its all just speculation. Selling clubs throw out obscene numbers and if we don't buy the players for the reported media price our fans automatically think we are no longer ambitious which isnt necessarily the case. As you have said the transfer market has changed, you have to be right on these guys and they have to fit your team or its massive sunken costs. I think the team is still willing to pay for the player they deem worthy and view as a perfect fit for our squad, but they are no longer willing to just splash the cash on anyone because they are a big name or the flavor of the month. 

I understand that the fear of a relapse to the 15/16 season is fresh in our minds, but I am confident having someone like Antonio Conte in charge it wont happen. He is simply too driven and determined at this stage of his career to allow something like that to happen again. So all I am saying is lets just take a breath and let the summer run its course, Conte has made his requests for new players widely known. If by august we haven't given him anything I will be firmly in the same point of view as you. But for now I am holding out hope and staying positive.

Gnabry to Bayern...someone laughed me off when I said we should consider him if we cant get Sanchez, I think he will be one of best Bayern players in few years. 

Only problem is Ancelotti doesnt like young players too much, could be difficult for Gnabry to even get play time.

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Gnabry to Bayern...someone laughed me off when I said we should consider him if we cant get Sanchez, I think he will be one of best Bayern players in few years. 

Only problem is Ancelotti doesnt like young players too much, could be difficult for Gnabry to even get play time.

Gnabry had quite a good season at Werder, the bad thing is that he is a bit injury-prone and that harms his progress a lot. Actually I expected him to go to Hoffe for more playing time, they are also in CL next season, it would be better for him, imo. Now he will probably sit on Bayern bench most of the time and won't feature a lot under Carlo.

PLAYERS OUT:

Dominic Solanke, 19, tribunal to decide fee (£3-8m?) to Liverpool — confirmation (May 30);

Asmir Begović, 29, £10m to AFC Bournemouth — official (May 30);

Christian Atsu, 25, £6.2m to Newcastle United — confirmation (May 24);

Juan Cuadrado, 29, €20m buy-option (+€5m loan fee) to Juventus — official (May 22); interview (Sep 13); loan terms (Sep 4); loan (Aug 31, 2016)

John Terry, 36, released — farewell speech (May 21); final sub (May 21); goodbye (Apr 19); confirmation (Apr 17)

Alex Davey, 22, released — Twitter (May 17)

££££££

Oscar,Ivan,Mikel,Bamford in January

this was just published buy CIES Football Observatory Report. 

EXPENSE.pngEXPENSE 2.pngexpense 3.png

The research group calculates values by the performance of players and their clubs in Europe's top five leagues, international status, contract, age and position.

This is the craziest thing i have seen all year. 

19 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

The research group calculates values by the performance of players and their clubs in Europe's top five leagues, international status, contract, age and position.

Dele Alli is worth more than Hazard.

Fuck off. 

yea because of his age and performance. i really admire him. No one would even attempt to try and bid for him because we all no it is impossible. Delle Alli plays like a player in his prime but he is just 22 if am right. CHelsea beed a guy likehim but no one says it because we will virtually have to sell all the 30+ players on loan just to buy him.

Hazard has to be in the CL to get more valuable

2 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Interesting.  I didn't see Verratti on that list  <50M Euro.  Let's go!!