Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

19 hours ago, Jas said:

They were wanting him to replace Sancho IIRC but yeah will just accelerate more rumours on Haaland. He is more of a central striker but has played from the sides too.

Not entirely sure how they’re planning lining up under Marco Rose but he has played with 2 upfront at Salzburg and Mochengladbach using a 442 diamond as well as also using a 433/4231 so will need to keep an eye on it and see.

As well as that, other than Haaland Dortmund don’t have any other established CFs really so it makes sense to bring someone in to provide cover/grow into the team anyway for next summers eventual sale of Haaland.

But cue the Haaland will be sold now rumors 😂

40 minutes ago, Pizy said:

United would be extremely dumb to sell Pogba. So hope that happens.

Dumb selling Pogba? Based on what? The guy shows up 5 games a season and is more or less a highlight reel player. This idea of Pogba being anything more is an absolute myth. He’s flashy yes and it looks good sometimes but he’s not anywhere near the level he should be. He doesn’t make good decisions as a central midfielder a lot of the time. Then when he does something great, he will do something stupid, letting someone run by him or not chip in like the rest of the team and close down. Even at France for the Euros in the game v Switzerland he summed himself up. Done something brilliant scoring that great goal then gave the ball away so cheaply doing something stupid where the Swiss got their second or third goal from. 

I mean would you take Pogba here? Your playing with 10 men without the ball when he plays and he’s spent countless seasons at United where he has struggled to inspire or drag that team over the line when he was meant to be their catalyst. Even Ole doesn’t play him in CM in big games, instead using Fred and McTominay there behind Fernandes and that sums it up for me. 

I would probably be more worried if United sell Pogba and actually get someone who can play as a slightly more disciplined midfielder to compliment Fernandes and McTominay who can definitely further improve as a box to box midfielder. Heres hoping they keep him because in the 5 or 6 seasons he’s been at United, I don’t think he has had a standout one yet bar maybe the second half of 18-19 under OGS. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Dumb selling Pogba? Based on what? The guy shows up 5 games a season and is more or less a highlight reel player. This idea of Pogba being anything more is an absolute myth. He’s flashy yes and it looks good sometimes but he’s not anywhere near the level he should be. He doesn’t make good decisions as a central midfielder a lot of the time. Then when he does something great, he will do something stupid, letting someone run by him or not chip in like the rest of the team and close down. Even at France for the Euros in the game v Switzerland he summed himself up. Done something brilliant scoring that great goal then gave the ball away so cheaply doing something stupid where the Swiss got their second or third goal from. 

I mean would you take Pogba here? Your playing with 10 men without the ball when he plays and he’s spent countless seasons at United where he has struggled to inspire or drag that team over the line when he was meant to be their catalyst. Even Ole doesn’t play him in CM in big games, instead using Fred and McTominay there behind Fernandes and that sums it up for me. 

I would probably be more worried if United sell Pogba and actually get someone who can play as a slightly more disciplined midfielder to compliment Fernandes and McTominay who can definitely further improve as a box to box midfielder. Heres hoping they keep him because in the 5 or 6 seasons he’s been at United, I don’t think he has had a standout one yet bar maybe the second half of 18-19 under OGS. 

I would take Pogba at Chelsea in less than a second. He was probably the best player I saw at the Euro’s playing alongside a certain N’golo Kante. He always looks much better for France than for United. 

He would be incredible under a proper coach with actual ideas and tactics unlike Solskjaer’s turgid setup.

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I would take Pogba at Chelsea in less than a second. He was probably the best player I saw at the Euro’s playing alongside a certain N’golo Kante. He always looks much better for France than for United. 

He would be incredible under a proper coach with actual ideas and tactics unlike Solskjaer’s turgid setup.

He was average under Mourinho who has been one of the best tactical managers in the 2000s. Even if Mourinho wasn’t at his peak/best, you cannot tell me Pogba was anything more than average through most of his spell there and probably has been a lot of the time since Ole was there as permanent manager bar the initial season during the time he changed. 

I mean again, for France, Deschamps is also hardly an outstanding manager and the proof of that is that France hardly play exceptional football (although they did win the World Cup playing like they did) so this ‘imagine him under an outstanding coach’ stuff baffles me. It always has. It baffles me even more considering his best football at United came under Ole who isn’t an exceptional coach after Mourinho was sacked in 18-19.

I know he was pretty good at Juventus, looked a real player who could become a world class midfielder but he hasn’t done anything of real note at club level since coming to England in 2016. Well maybe half a season. £90m too. And can anyone actually imagine him running a lot in Pochettino’s high pressing tactics at PSG either? 

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He was average under Mourinho who has been one of the best tactical managers in the 2000s. Even if Mourinho wasn’t at his peak/best, you cannot tell me Pogba was anything more than average through most of his spell there and probably has been a lot of the time since Ole was there as permanent manager bar the initial season during the time he changed. 

I mean again, for France, Deschamps is also hardly an outstanding manager and the proof of that is that France hardly play exceptional football (although they did win the World Cup playing like they did) so this ‘imagine him under an outstanding coach’ stuff baffles me. It always has. It baffles me even more considering his best football at United came under Ole who isn’t an exceptional coach after Mourinho was sacked in 18-19.

I know he was pretty good at Juventus, looked a real player who could become a world class midfielder but he hasn’t done anything of real note at club level since coming to England in 2016. Well maybe half a season. £90m too. And can anyone actually imagine him running a lot in Pochettino’s high pressing tactics at PSG either? 

Mourinho and Olé. Two defense first, slow, plodding football coaches. They both basically send out their teams to be solid defensively, counter attack, and hope their star man (Like Bruno or Hazard) produce some magic.

Think he would have much more freedom to express his qualities in a more attacking, front foot side who like to dominate the ball.

What I find truly bizarre is now that United have found it within them to substantially back a bang average manager but couldn't do the same for proven winners. 

😄🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, DDA said:

What I find truly bizarre is now that United have found it within them to substantially back a bang average manager but couldn't do the same for proven winners. 

😄🤷‍♂️

Protests and Glazers Out campaign.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Mourinho and Olé. Two defense first, slow, plodding football coaches. They both basically send out their teams to be solid defensively, counter attack, and hope their star man (Like Bruno or Hazard) produce some magic.

Think he would have much more freedom to express his qualities in a more attacking, front foot side who like to dominate the ball.

And Conte’s Juventus wasn’t a defense orientated team built around a back 3 with two hard working wingbacks and 2 physical hard working well rounded midfielders around Pirlo (Vidal and Marchisio - although they were top top players and more than just workers)? Or Deschamps France team at the World Cup? 

Most games United play bar the top 6 they usually dominate the ball either way. And prior to Bruno Fernandes arrival when the creative burden was on Pogba, did he express himself then? No he didn’t.

He's 28 years old if he was a truly world class player you’d think he would have shown it at club level by now. Even in patches. But he hasn’t. I don’t see why Pochettino and PSG want him either. The worlds most inefficient luxury player.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Pogba is as overrated as they come, the media eat from his hand, if not for the likes of Souness and Keane they would likely kiss his ass non stop. How this dude is seen as world class is beyond my understanding.