The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

Metta World Peace is just brilliant :lol:

His comments after the 41-pt loss to Boston.

Tony Williams @TBone8

Leave it Artest to have some levity. He walks in shirtless & said: "Your writing is good, but my abs are better." #NYK

Tony Williams @TBone8

Artest then starts flexing in locker room amongst reporters & says, "Ya'll trying to get a body like this." #NYK

Tony Williams @TBone8

MWP: "The Garden is unique b/c when opponents play well they feel like they have magic power b/c it's historic place." #NYK

I have never seen Kobe looking this heavy...

He needs to lose about 25lbs or so.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/12/19/kobe-fractured-knee.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

KOBE out for 6 weeks with fracture....Lakers probably won't make playoffs

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/12/19/kobe-fractured-knee.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

KOBE out for 6 weeks with fracture....Lakers probably won't make playoffs

If only the Lakers played in the east.....

However, Mike D usually gets the best from scrub players.. (Got the knicks with scrubs + chandler into the playoffs)

• 2 weeks later...

Damn,, my OKC gotta go like 20+ games w/o Westbrook, (also what a bad loss to Portland today). i think their defense and play of Durant can keep them affloat in the 3/4 seed when Russel returns. Gonna be hard though, and 3 operations on that knee....idk man gettin a little worried for russell going forward especially with the way he plays. Hooefully can get back to the way he was playing earlier in the season.

Damn,, my OKC gotta go like 20+ games w/o Westbrook, (also what a bad loss to Portland today). i think their defense and play of Durant can keep them affloat in the 3/4 seed when Russel returns. Gonna be hard though, and 3 operations on that knee....idk man gettin a little worried for russell going forward especially with the way he plays. Hooefully can get back to the way he was playing earlier in the season.

OKC are one player away from potentially winning the NBA title.

KD & Westbrook are awesome...but they need more support from the bench

Just look at Miami's title winning teams, they're role players have stepped up when needed...e.g. Mike Miller, Battier, Ray Allen

OKC are one player away from potentially winning the NBA title.

KD & Westbrook are awesome...but they need more support from the bench

Just look at Miami's title winning teams, they're role players have stepped up when needed...e.g. Mike Miller, Battier, Ray Allen

You know with Miami, they have LBJ and D-Wade so everybody and anybody is looking to play with them. Add in the fact Florida has a favorable taxes for players and the life of South Beach Miami...it's damn near impossible to get the role players they get. But yeah your right. We're counting on real young players like Steve Adams (who has been fantastic this season) reggie Jackson and Jeremy Lamb to help carry the bench and it's been a process as these are all players with 1 to 2 years max in the league. With Westbrook we did a nice job finishing games early to give the bench large amounts of playing time to help get them ready for the playoffs but with WB going down, they'll have to really step up a lot earlier than they expected.

@Reddish-Blue, what's your nba team if you have one anyway...

@Amels, who you supporting this year? safe to say denver won't be going anywhere really.

@Blue-in-me-Veins,

I don't really have an NBA team but I've liked the Pheonix Suns since the days of Steve Nash

I'm hoping Pheonix make the playoffs this season...would be awesome to see Bledsoe, Dragic, the Morris brothers get some playoff experience

I love watching a bit of bouncey bouncey, but without a strong bond to a team i find it hard to get into it until the playoffs because there are so many games, than many feel as if it doesn't really matter.

Like the NFL is just 16 games, which makes them much more crucial. Though i have watched that for longer, which could be why.

NFL Redzone is the greatest entertainment of any sport "7 hours of commercial free football". :D

• 3 weeks later...

Carmelo is the best offensive player in the league...

No he isn't and it's not close. Kevin Durant is averaging an amazing 4 more points a game on 1.5 fewer shots a game. Durant is shooting .504. Carmelo .447. He's better in every single way. Carmelo is the most overrated player in basketball. When you take 22 shots a game, you're going to score lots of baskets and when that comes with terrible defense, stupid ISO shots, and a massive ego, he makes it impossible for his teams to have any success.

No he isn't and it's not close. Kevin Durant is averaging an amazing 4 more points a game on 1.5 fewer shots a game. Durant is shooting .504. Carmelo .447. He's better in every single way. Carmelo is the most overrated player in basketball. When you take 22 shots a game, you're going to score lots of baskets and when that comes with terrible defense, stupid ISO shots, and a massive ego, he makes it impossible for his teams to have any success.

Not really. Durant is the kid in the pick up games that taller than everyone, so none of his shots are blockable..

In addition, due to his slight frame, he gets a million fts a game even though he rarely drives the ball....

Melo uses his feet better, post moves better and can shoot just as well... Durant is good, but a lot of it has to due to the fact of his great genetics.

His height, wingspan, etc. Hes an athletic freak even for a league like the NBA... Once Durant develops a post game, than he will better than Melo, but not until than (or if he can actually dribble and not turn the ball over)..