The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

On a serious note, feel so sorry for Timmy. That shot he missed to tie the game... Bread and butter stuff for him usually.

I think Pop threw the game regardless. Leaving Parker on the bench and trying that stupid play with Ginobili just sealed their faith. Tough on Spurs, but this is basketball. Shane Battier with an insane game as well.

Lebron Finals MVP.

On a final note... What a finals this has been. Going to miss basketball... No Chelsea no NBA... Don't know what I'm going to do with my life. :(

These lost Finals will be as important to Duncan's legacy as the 4 titles he won. He's immortal.

Congrats to the Heat and the GOAT! To say it was deserved would be an absolute understatement.

Oh, and my Nugget is a champion now! BIRDMAN BIRDMAN *Shaq voice*

1371791769000-USATSI-7311508-1306210116_

I gotta go with Heat in 7.

And can i get a hot-tub!!

Damn man, D-Wade and LBJ can reaady to play. Who would have thought that all of a sudden D-wade would play like D-wade of old on 2 bad knees that had been troubling him throughout these playoffs. (And Shane Battier?! I mean this guy had his first D.N.P in the playoffs this post season but never complained. Saying that you've just got to be ready for when your #'s called and when it is, you gotta perform (paraphrasing). That just shows you the kind of professional he is and to come through witht hat 6-8 from downtown was phenominal.)

And what about LBJ! Who knew he would repeat his regular season form and start knockin down jump-shot after jump-shot After Popovich just dared him to shot that shot all throughout these finals. You cant take everything from LBJ, but when he's making those shots, it becomes damn near impossible to stop him. 37pts?! tied most in Finals game 7 history, damn man! And one of three players to win back to back NBA championships and Finals MVPs, his greatness cannot be questioned any more. Its done.

On the flip side, how tough it must be for SA to swallow this defeat after having the trophy all but in their grasp in game 6. this one will definitely sting for a long time. Tim Duncan, man how much he wished he could have a do-ever on that shot, who knows what happens if he makes that shot, OT? maybe a win in the final seconds? who knows! He said he's not going to retire, but still, if my OKC are healthy next year there's no way SA is passing them so i gotta think this was all but his last Finals appearance and even if that's the case, it wont take away on what has been a very decorated career for Tim Duncan. Best PF the league has seen,

But again, Lebron James. What a talent he is turning out to be. And its scary thinking about the kind of player he can be if he masters that outside game and works further more on his post game. Can they get that 3-peat? We'll have to wait and see, think they need to add a big body to help them against the likes of Indiana and a healthy Bulls team for next year but they got time to think about that.

What a season, what a Finals this has been, LBJ and D-wade stepping up when it mattered most. Most prolific duo in NBA right now. Congrats Heat.

--My OKC will be back next year! :rant:

Unbelievable series.

Spurs pushed Miami all the way and deserve a lot of credit. Parker, Duncan, Green and Neal all had great games in the series and Kawhi was a beast throughout the whole series (he has an amazing future ahead of him). Pop was a gentleman in defeat, great coach.

Miami. Battier was huge like Miller was last year. Wade's shot was falling and he didn't hinder his teams performance the way some have suggested. Chalmers was pretty good too despite the 2 missed ft's at the end. And LeBron..what else can you say about him?

ibnYzLPrWR2nLf.gif

:worship:

Enjoy watching him play because he's a once in a generation type of talent.

Really can't wait for next season already. :no:

DRAFT DAY, DRAFT DAY, DRAFT DAY!

Who do you see going first? And who do you want to be drafted by your team?

To be honest this draft is weak......the cavs are lookin to trade that number 1 pick, goes to say what they think about this draft.

This is the year everyone wants to remain bad because next years draft class is going to be stacked acording to everybody and anybody in NBA.

However i was reading that OKC may be in for Gorgui Deng from Lousville (Center) who i would be happy with. Rick Pitino did a fantastic job nurturing him into a complete Center, and with that semi consistent jump shot i think he'd fit in really well with us. But his defense is his main asset. We need size, no doubt, so we cant really go wrong with him.

Side note, about that Perry Jones III i really wish he could get his knees in order. Thats the ONLY thing holding him back. People were comparing him to LBJ when he was in high-school but a nasty knee issue has kept him from being the player we think he can be. Come to think of it, wait didn't i have this talk about Perry Jones II with you before? :lol: I dont know why, just felt like bringing him up again. lmaoo

To be honest this draft is weak......the cavs are lookin to trade that number 1 pick, goes to say what they think about this draft.

This is the year everyone wants to remain bad because next years draft class is going to be stacked acording to everybody anybody in NBA.

However i was reading that OKC may be in for Gorgui Deng from Lousville (Center) who i would be happy with. Rick Pitino did a fantastic job nurturing him into a complete Center, and with that semi consistent jump shot i think he'd fit in really well with us. But his defense is his main asset. We need size, no doubt, so we cant really go wrong with him.

Side note, about that Perry Jones III i really wish he could get his knees in order. Thats the ONLY thing holding him back. People were comparing him to LBJ when he was in high-school but a nasty knee issue has kept him from being the player we think he can be. Come to think of it, wait didn't i have this talk about Perry Jones II with you before? :lol: I dont know why, just felt like bringing him up again. lmaoo

Rumours have it OKC are trying to get Orlando's #2 pick to draft Oladipo! Lmao if Cavs (and there have been links they will) take Oladipo with the first overall :lol:

Personally I don't think this draft is bad. It just lacks a great top 5. It's full of good role players which contending teams will definitely benefit from.

Chicago too seems to be interested in Dieng so they can offload Boozer... as if anyone's gonna accept Boozer, lol.

If Cleveland plays this smart they're picking Noel just so they can suck next season again. Next year's draft's expected to be as good as the one from 2003, and I don't need to tell you who was drafted back then!

Oh yeah, we actually had a convo about Jones :D