The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

That was a tough game to swallow. During the playoffs, you gotta win those games at home EVEN if you don't deserve it. (Spurs are the masters at this.)

But i wasn't happy with the lack of Reggie Jackson's minuets yesterday and i would have liked for us to have gone small, and tried something different, instead, Brooks kept Perkins and Ibaka/Collinson for nearly the whole 4th quarter and all of OT, there's no way your gonna run the fast-break with those guys on the floor, especially Perkins.

KD and Westbrook were struggling yesterday, but my main concern wasn't even them, but late game execution! My LORD! What 'play' did we actually run during those last 2-3 mins of regulation. Everything was *Try and get it to KD for 10 seconds then realize the clock is almost out and chuck up a long-range shot.* I wasn't happy at all, why not run a pick-nd-roll with Ibaka or anything else instead of forcing something that was clearly not there. For that final shot, Fisher was wide open for the 3pt shot, but we were too focused on getting it to KD and then RWB, again, tried to play hero-ball and launched an ill-advised 3pt shot that happened to fall graciously into the hands of Kendrick.

Gotta fix this next game.

Nearly all playoff matchups are evenly balanced

Surprised to see Hawks leading Pacers 2-1

Shouldn't be surprised. Pacers have been crap since the all star break + internal problems within the team.

What a shot by VC earlier. Only boring series is Miami-Bobcats, the rest could all go to 6-7 games.

You guys hear about Sterling's comments on minorities?

When i heard about "racist remark" i expected the use of N-word like Riley Cooper or something.

But what this guy (allegedly) said is really shocking, from an owner, in a league with so many black players!

When i heard about "racist remark" i expected the use of N-word like Riley Cooper or something.

But what this guy (allegedly) said is really shocking, from an owner, in a league with so many black players!

What did he say? (He has quite a history in that regard btw).

What did he say? (He has quite a history in that regard btw).

Key part: “Why are you taking pictures with minorities? Why?” Stiviano, who is of black and Latin heritage, replies: “People call you and tell you that I have black people on my Instagram, and it bothers you?” Sterling: “Yeah, it bothers me a lot that you want to promo… broadcast that you’re associating with black people.”