The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

Eh, I wouldnt use back to back games as anything to judge by...

THE heat were down I think 20-0 and were leading in the second or third by 2 points....

Also, the lakers really need to trade gasol and maybe nash. THe starters are so slow, all the youngns in the NBA will walk right past them now....

(Good thing we got rid of Artest)

Also, I dont think either Oladipo nor Zeller will be good in the NBA

Klay Thompson was on fire. Lakers shooting was ice cold. Nash is aging drastically day by day. Farmer has been a nice surprise. Me thinks there are going to be lots of highs and lows this season with this Lakers squad.

Lakers should of traded for Klay...

Klay thompson is prob second best shooter in the league...He would work perfectly with Kobe.

Where would Klay play with a fit Kobe though? At 3?

Kobe already plays pg in the dantonio system....

Nash is too old to run.

Klay can play both the 2 and 3 and provide the lakers with floor spacing and youth (his father was a laker as well).

Great start to the season for the 76ers...3-0 and they've already beaten Miami & Chicago!

Michael Carter-Williams, remember that name.

Pau Gasol and Nash are both done....

Nash cant run with the young guys anymore and Gasol still only shoot jumpshots, rather than play the post or jump.

Need to make trades asap.

When the Lakers had the chance to trade, they didn't.

They made some good bench additions in Henry, Farmar & Johnson...but they lack starting quality.

Best thing for Lakers would be missing out on playoffs...and hoping for a lottery draft pick.

Great start to the season for the 76ers...3-0 and they've already beaten Miami & Chicago!

Michael Carter-Williams, remember that name.

When the Lakers had the chance to trade, they didn't.

They made some good bench additions in Henry, Farmar & Johnson...but they lack starting quality.

Best thing for Lakers would be missing out on playoffs...and hoping for a lottery draft pick.

Lakers really didnt have a chance....

Gasol only value is as an expiring contract and nash still has another year in his contract....

Lakers dont tank.

Pau Gasol is just bad now. It's not even the D'antoni system anymore, Paul is just old and useless. Lakers are def. not resigning Pau and will probably trade him soon.

Dwight has not improved any bit in terms of bball skills. His body improved tremendously, however, his skills are the same as they were in his first few years in orlando...

This was a segment a few months ago...

Dwight mental attributes are poor, post game is poor, free throw shooting horrendus, however, his defense is still uber duber...

Houston needs to trade Asik and get a stretch 4...

Pau Gasol is just bad now. It's not even the D'antoni system anymore, Paul is just old and useless. Lakers are def. not resigning Pau and will probably trade him soon.

Dwight mental attributes are poor, post game is poor, free throw shooting horrendus, however, his defense is still uber duber...

Houston needs to trade Asik and get a stretch 4...

Lakers are pathetic this season, just got rolled by Minnesota.

Lakers should try to get a young point guard who can learn from Nash..and then take over the PG position.

Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan are probably the two worst free throw shooters in the league.

Not sure if anyone cares, but the projected top two picks are facing off. Wiggins vs Parker. Also, Julius Randle put up 27 points and 13 rebounds earlier.

IF ANYONE CARES?! I watched that first game and am watching the Kansas vs Duke. :D

Dude College basketball is the place to be right now, with soo much talent coming through the ranks. Naturally i want Kentucky to win, always have that swagger with a starting 5 of one and dones haha and i always liked John Capilarry.

On NBA terms....those Pacers keep on rolling with that stifling Defense Frank Vogel has them playing. Lance Stephenson has been playing lights out for them, and really making a case for Indiana to just trade Granger or relegate him to the bench when he comes back. Won all 8 games without having cracked 100 points yet this season. (the other team to do this is Utah Jazz and their 0-8) Damn.

My OKC seem to be alright, almost had a shocker with Washington the other day. I feel like they need to pickup one more scorer. Why they let Kevin Martin (who is tearing it up right now in Minnesota) leave is beyond me. Jeremy Lamb is decent, but at least we got 2 1st round picks so we should be able to trade one those for a pretty high value player considering this year's draft is as deep as ever.

Lakers really didnt have a chance....

Gasol only value is as an expiring contract and nash still has another year in his contract....

Lakers dont tank.

The Lakers are positioning themselves to make a run at Carmelo Anthony this summer or better yet target 2014's free agency pool with LBJ and others all being free agents. Playing the free agency game is a slippery slope, (just look at Dallas), they thought Deron Williams was on his way there 2 years ago and when he resigned it effectively stopped any chance D12 coming so they ended with neither target. The appeal of L.A. i don't think will be that great for any SG/SF (especially Melo) with Kobe taking all the shots and not looking to retire anytime soon. Imo they will have to try and get 2 7-footers again like they had with Gasol and Bynum or maybe target one big man and a PG. Idk or really care much for lakers but that's how i see it.