The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

I had money on Blake winning MVP last night! he would have won it if the West never blew a 18 point lead! :rant:

If it was't for Durant shooting 23991293 times from behind the arc Griffin would have scored at least 42 points and got the MVP award.

Worst NBA contracts by Bill Simmons

Grat article if you wanna have a good laugh at how stupid some GMs are. I disagree with including Splitter on this list though, dude's one of the top 5 defensive centers in the NBA right now.

Worst NBA contracts by Bill Simmons

Grat article if you wanna have a good laugh at how stupid some GMs are. I disagree with including Splitter on this list though, dude's one of the top 5 defensive centers in the NBA right now.

Pistons fan here. Joe Dumars is horrible, he should be fired. It amazes me how he still has a job.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let the games begin!

Of course i want to see OKC win it all, but it's gonna be hard as hell. I don't like the possibility of matching up against the clippers next round, but in order to be champions you gotta do what you gotta do. I like the play of westbrook as of late. We all know he tries too much to be 'the man' but since his return he really has been making sound decisions, and for the most part KD has been out-of-this-world. I like that we're healthy again, and it's time to get back to the Finals, having been 1 year removed.

My Championship prediction is OKC vs Pacers.

I've had my bets on this since the AS break but man the pacers are really making me nervous. Goes to show how hard it is to

dethrone a champion, and maintain a top spot in any conference. Not to mention all this talk about selfish players in the team, and the abysmal play of Paul George and Roy Hibbert this past month, this team is really struggling.

What will cost the Pacers in the deeper rounds of the playoffs is the lack of a superstar. Don't tell me Paul George is a superstar because he is not. One 'goodish' season is not enough, and he has never shown 'great' play in the playoffs, yet. The pacers have made it known that they, together, will dethrone the Heat, and not one man in say Paul George. For some reason, the egos of Lance, Hibbert and West don't wanna step to the side, and are almost trying too hard to replicate the 2004 Detroit Pistons.There's a reason the Pistons have, and will, remain the only team to win a Championship w/o a superstar and that's because the NBA is a star-driven league. This whole, "it'll take all 5 of us, to beat the Big 3" just won't fly. So unless somebody steps up big, *cough Paul George *cough they won't win it all.

My dark-horses in each conference: Houston and Brooklyn.

Houston: they have 2 superstars in Harden and Howard, and they have shown that if they match-up with SAS next round, they have what it takes to beat them. Superstars win games, and it's time for Harden and Howard to prove that right now and exceed expectations. Harden has this demeanor that he really can't be bothered if he wins it all or not. He seems contempt on just collecting that check and splashing it all on them hoes in Houston.

As for Brooklyn, their horrendous start was really what cost them a shot to a higher seed. The new coach, and plethora of injuries had annihilated this team before it even began. But J-Kid has found his feet as a coach, and although they don't have Lopez, they do have stars across the board and i think they can really make things interesting if they meat the Heat next round having swept the season series 4-0.

I expect for the next round: Spurs vs Houston, OKC vs LAC & Pacers vs Chicago, Miami vs Brooklyn.

P.S. Ya boy also won his fantasy basketball league,, $70 comin my way. haha

It's obviously between Embiid, Jabari and Wiggins (no disrespect to the other fantastic talents in this deep, deep class) but who do you guys think will go number 1 in the draft?

I think Jabari will go #1...because he's the most 'mentally' ready for the NBA

Wiggins has all the physical talents, just needs to become more consistent with his shooting

Most excited about: Dante Exum....hopefully he goes to the right team