10 reasons to be delighted with AVB so far

Tomo

1. He does not let the media talk shit

No offense to Carlo, but last season the media were spouting bolax last season and Carlo was just letting them do it, now AVB is in and telling them in no uncertain terms what he thinks of the bolax they spout and to be quite frank im loving it.

2. He drops players who don't perform

Last season we were screaming for this. Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Torres, Drogba and Mikel amougst others basically had their place in the team by default last season and in turn their performance rate's dipped. This season as we have seen any drop in performance and they are on the bench and in turn when they do get back in the team in general put in better displays (especially Lamps).

3. He has brought back Roberto Di Matteo

Enough said.

4. He has sorted out major problems

To put it quite blunt last season was dire to watch, no creativity, no pace and players who looked to put it nicely over the hill, the lack of pace, creativity and width in the team was becoming so evident it was starting to hurt. AVB's decision to sign Romeu, Meireles, Mata and decididing to give Sturridge a more prominent role has not completely got rid of the problem but we are looking 100 times better in those departments than last season.

5. He is slowly performing the over-haul we have needed for years

Last season more than ever the need for a overhaul was apparent and at times it looked like it was never going to come but the youthfull signing's made in the summer is to be surely joined by more of the same come January aswell as the frustrating/ageing players on the way out. Lets be honest not so long ago we would have bit some one's hand off for this.

6. We haven't been totally outplayed this season

Taking the Liverpool carling cup match aside, no team has walked all over us like many times last season and in the Scolari era. All the games we lost bar the CC game we lost on fine margains and on any other given day the luck would have gone in our favour.

7. Un-deniable passion

The passion he show's on the touchline is really refreshing, it's clear he takes loses personally and is like a fan when we scores.

8. He has broke 2 hoo doo's that were getting annoying

The penalty shootout hoo doo that was becoming beyond and a joke and the Everton hoodoo not once but twice.

9. He is a very talented manager

Don't be fooled by people dismissing his achievements at Porto as it being "only the Portuguese league". What they fail to mention in the same time is that Porto were in a mess when he took over, just finished outside the CL places and deviod of confidence. AVB not only brought back the confidence and won the treble, he also did it by playing superb attacking football, breaking numerous record's not even Jose and Sir Bobby could touch and making Porto nearly invincible that season, what's to say given time he could not do a smiliar season with us?

Also lets not forget also he took over Academica mid season when they were bottom and winless and guided them to mid table safety.

10. Signing's

Leave the best till last. The signing's he has made have been quite frankly brilliant.

Thiabut Courtious.

Excelling at Leti and making MOTM performances time after time, we do look like we finally have some one who can challenge Cech and eventully suceed him.

Oriol Romeu

What's to say that hasn't already been said? Class holding midfielder and the closest we are ever likely to see to Claude Makelele again.

Romelu Lukaku

Not the best start but he was not wanted by the likes of Real Madrid and Arsenal for nothing, be patient with this boy.

Juan Mata

No words can describe just how good a signing he is, best since Cech and £23m in this market is an absolute bargain.

Raul Meireles

Like ive said in this market £12m for a player of his calibre is an absolute steal and has always been impressive when played. Ok he is no Modric but he is good enough for us, why Kenny thought Henderson and Adam were better ill never know. :doh:

There has been a few hitches here and there but all in all im delighted with the work AVB has already done for this club, he has single handedly made the future look 20 times brighter than before.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you list Lukaku as his one major blip in the signings, though I'm pretty sure that one was sought out by Roman, and not so much AVB. So you could say he's 100% in terms of getting an immediate impact player for our team. Not saying I don't like the Lukaku signing, because I do; can't wait to see what kind of player he develops into.

One major one I will agree on is the way he handles the media. Perfect. He doesn't get angry and lose his cool at them, so that they go back to the office with even more to write about us, but he almost manipulates the media by posing some tricky questions to them himself, and it's funny seeing them all be baffled by it.

I know you list Lukaku as his one major blip in the signings, though I'm pretty sure that one was sought out by Roman, and not so much AVB. So you could say he's 100% in terms of getting an immediate impact player for our team. Not saying I don't like the Lukaku signing, because I do; can't wait to see what kind of player he develops into.

One major one I will agree on is the way he handles the media. Perfect. He doesn't get angry and lose his cool at them, so that they go back to the office with even more to write about us, but he almost manipulates the media by posing some tricky questions to them himself, and it's funny seeing them all be baffled by it.

Well then Thiabut Courtious is not AVB signing either since we were linked with him way before AVB got here.

Imo Meireles is not any better then Charlie Adam, i think they are pretty equal.

Dont agree about Lukaku. For me it was a huge mistake, doesn't matter if he would play good in the future, but right now nothing could justify his 18m price.

It's not 18m yet. I believe it's 13m and could go to 18m depending on how he turns out.