10 reasons to be delighted with AVB so far

Tomo

When he comes good, his value will double/triple that amount.

yeah, football is simple as that, the promising players always become good. anyway, this is not a Lukaku topic, until this moment theres is nothing to suggest he is worth 18m.

maybe in 10 years he prove me wrong.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only criticism of AVB is that he isn't helping himself by dropping Torres. His rotational policy regarding the old bastards is excellent as it inspires greater fitness and competition, but dropping Torres is fool-hardy. We all agree that, at present, Didier is the better, more threatening option, however come January our only forward options will be to play Torres or Lukaku, or Sturridge through the centre, leaving us with only those aforementioned players, Mata and Florent Malouda to lead the attack. Malouda and Lukaku have barely had a look in recently, whilst Torres is ridiculously short on confidence. Either way, when Drogba is absent - either through AfCON responsibilities, injury, or when he eventually leaves/retires - we're left with a relatively uninspiring frontline that has barely changed all season; Mata and Sturridge have no competition for their places (and rightly so, in fairness), and then its one from two regarding el Nino and Drogba. Drogba is a lion and plays from the heart, so you can count on him to fight and scrap, whereas Torres sails on confidence, something he has nothing of at the minute. Drogba doesn't need to be playing the likes of Wigan and Wolves this winter, whereas Torres does. That would be my only concern, he needs to show public backing of the player, and that might just kick-start his career with us.

Failing that, he has to be sold in the summer. The next six months are make-or-break for both Nando and the club, and if he doesn't deliver we should cut our losses immediately.

great post, but I would Add that Arsenal game to his failures, awfully stupid performance we could have ripped them appart after that 1st goal we scored so early... this high line after they responded to our goal was really stupid... dis middle block with late but strong pressing and less room between the lines is perfect for this team...

Raul Meireles

Like ive said in this market £12m for a player of his calibre is an absolute steal and has always been impressive when played. Ok he is no Modric but he is good enough for us, why Kenny thought Henderson and Adam were better ill never know. :doh:

He is good enough to be a squad player, but he isn't good enough to be in our starting XI.

Co-sign. He is a good filler, till we find a better midfield player. Definitely does a good job in the middle though.

Yeah, he does a good job, but he is average in all sides of the game, but he isn't great at one. The first thing which bother me with him, it is that he gives away a lot of ball... His passing game isn't the best, plus I feel he is too much sloppy when doing a pass. After this, I find him a bit too much agressive and reckless when he does a challenge. Against City he could have been send off, and yesterday he should have get a yellow card.

@ BL : Don't get me wrong, I do not deny he is bringing something to our team, that's undeniable. At the moment he should compose our midefelder along side Romeu and Ramires.

I think we're more combative, inventive, resilient and generally a more efficient footballing outfit with Raul on the pitch. Put it this way - all of our disjointed performances this season have come when he hasn't played.

I think that was the case at the start of the season, not so much anymore. His performances have been getting slightly less and less more effective. Even when he came on for Lamps against Newcastle he was shaky and out of position a lot of times.

Agree with what Peace said. He should be a starter ahead of Lampard but he is not the long-term answer

I think we're more combative, inventive, resilient and generally a more efficient footballing outfit with Raul on the pitch.

Put it this way - all of our disjointed performances this season have come when he hasn't played.

Surprised to see you write this with his performance yesterday, even against city he was our worst player despite scoring.

Barcelona started his current philosophy ( attacking football ) under Rinus Michels in 70s. If Roman love that playing style he should ask the manager to create a new philosophy, all we have until now is the Mourinho philosophy.

AVB pressed the panic button and returned to the old 4-3-3. Hope he got some balls and try something different with the right players.

Surprised to see you write this with his performance yesterday, even against city he was our worst player despite scoring.

Meireles was our worst player yesterday? Are you sure?

He does the 'donkey work' Makelele did, the difference is he doesn't get the credit.

Meireles was our worst player yesterday? Are you sure?

He does the 'donkey work' Makelele did, the difference is he doesn't get the credit.

No I said he was our worst player against city because he was not defending as he usually does and his pass success percentage was shocking. Yesterday, it's pretty hard to say who was our worst player because everyone was competing very hard for that tittle.

I do agree that Meireles has been a good player for us so far, but to say that our midfield is disjointed without him is over the top in my opinion.

Meireles was our worst player yesterday? Are you sure? He does the 'donkey work' Makelele did, the difference is he doesn't get the credit.

He was awful yesterday, though. Like CHOULO19 said there were others who were just as bad so maybe he didn't stand out as much or something. Least Lamps wasn't giving the ball away every time he got it. Did you think he was anything apart from horrible yesterday?

Barcelona started his current philosophy ( attacking football ) under Rinus Michels in 70s. If Roman love that playing style he should ask the manager to create a new philosophy, all we have until now is the Mourinho philosophy.

AVB pressed the panic button and returned to the old 4-3-3. Hope he got some balls and try something different with the right players.

Mate AVB has been playing the 4-3-3 since Porto and when he arrived at Chelsea, that is his system of choice and has been from day one. What has changed is that we don't press as high and as a result the line is a lot deeper than it was at the start of the season but that hasn't dictated a change in the actual formation.

Like always great post Tomo91. But i disagree in almost every point. He is the most overrated coach and another totally wrong investment from our Roman Empire.

He uses the same players that failed totally last season Malouda and Kalou,and its okey to bench Torres, but M&K can play again and (shitty) again, why?.(and yes

i know they are not strikers, talking about performing). Were is the young players?, besides a fantastic Sturrigde. And people question our young players, well why

and when will they be ready if a coach doesnt have the guts to use them?. Boas plays it save and even beginns to dought his own high defence line, which by the way is

another so clear failure that we never gonna be able to play ( Terry suffers and dont get it, but does what the boss tell him). How about let big ego Drogba on the bench

sometimes?.Torres hasnt played since how long?, and then the foul tells he is not for sale at any prizes, you think the kid is gonna be motivated to play and stay?.

Its okey if he has lost faith in him ( i diasgree and saw great improvement before the benching started) like the most but then say it, and get on instead of this unworthy peace

of shit to tread a player, ( like Lampard he hasnt even spoke to him about benching?), talk to your players one of the first thing to learn as a coach Boas!. In the media

he says the same shit besides fighting everybody, and many praise him for standing up against the media, a coach fighting the media is not in self control and the club aint

gonna benefit from it. He talks about guts and improvement, he hasnt shown anything of that. Do we play better football than last year even with great new signs?.

Like always great post Tomo91. But i disagree in almost every point. He is the most overrated coach and another totally wrong investment from our Roman Empire.

He uses the same players that failed totally last season Malouda and Kalou,and its okey to bench Torres, but M&K can play again and (shitty) again, why?.(and yes

i know they are not strikers, talking about performing). Were is the young players?, besides a fantastic Sturrigde. And people question our young players, well why

and when will they be ready if a coach doesnt have the guts to use them?. Boas plays it save and even beginns to dought his own high defence line, which by the way is

another so clear failure that we never gonna be able to play ( Terry suffers and dont get it, but does what the boss tell him). How about let big ego Drogba on the bench

sometimes?.Torres hasnt played since how long?, and then the foul tells he is not for sale at any prizes, you think the kid is gonna be motivated to play and stay?.

Its okey if he has lost faith in him ( i diasgree and saw great improvement before the benching started) like the most but then say it, and get on instead of this unworthy peace

of shit to tread a player, ( like Lampard he hasnt even spoke to him about benching?), talk to your players one of the first thing to learn as a coach Boas!. In the media

he says the same shit besides fighting everybody, and many praise him for standing up against the media, a coach fighting the media is not in self control and the club aint

gonna benefit from it. He talks about guts and improvement, he hasnt shown anything of that. Do we play better football than last year even with great new signs?.

Romeu?

James Rodriguez for example has become an important player for Porto(started playing there last season)