• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- No high line and no Bosingwa

- Romeu or Meireless instead of Mikel

- Mata NOT as a winger, but behind a strike pair

- Most importantly, more balls and intent from everyone on the pitch

- the usual great support from our fantastic away fans

= step 1 towards recovery, or at least in the right direction

Sorry lads but in a crucial week like this, during these next 3 games (all of which are key) now isn't the time to try the Torres/Drogba partnership again.

thats what we have been doing for a very long time and are afraid to give those 2 tiime on the field...DD+Torres will form a working pair only if they spend more time on the field and each complementing the other !! :)

We can atleast try them on for the first half of the game ... who knows if they really come good ... we could be the first one to defeat City in the Premier League :)

thats what we have been doing for a very long time and are afraid to give those 2 tiime on the field...DD+Torres will form a working pair only if they spend more time on the field and each complementing the other !! :)

We can atleast try them on for the first half of the game ... who knows if they really come good ... we could be the first one to defeat City in the Premier League :)

It's not as if we haven't tried it. We have, we have tried them both up front in a diamond, we established that the diamond doesn't work. We have tried it in a 4-4-2, that didn't work and it would mean playing Mata deeper and wider and Sturridge deeper too (which he doesn't like) and Lampard doesn't operate well in a 2 man midfield. We have tried it with 1 of them playing out on the wing, that didn't work either. On paper it's great, it was a fantasy strike partnership that we found out the hard way doesn't work in reality, a shame but that is just being realistic, leave Mata and Sturridge where they are, we don't have the midfielders to play a 2 man midfield so don't, just play Didier as the lone striker and lets try to win the game.

Remember the one time they played together this year, Torres fed Drogba a great pass which Drogba missed by an inch. If he scored that, maybe they would have clicked.

We'll see if they ever get the run out together again.

Yeah true...in fact the first time they played together, against Liverpool, Drogba had sent Torres through on goal...If it hadn't been for a sliding Jamie Carragher, Torres would've scored with his first touch for Chelsea, Drogba and Torres might have established a strike partnership..and we might have won a trophy...

Anyway , everything looks good in hindsight I suppose...

As for the Drogba-Torres partnership, even if fans are interested in seeing if it may work (I was at one point), I don't think the manager has any faith in that combo..Besides that, it will most likely push Strurridge into the background and, at this point of the season its a very risky experiment...

Guys I really do respect AVB and think he is the right coach to lead us to future glory. But what I can’t understand is why he was so inactive in the summer, everybody could see that we needed new players and had deadwood to get rid of! It just gives me the feeling that he had to show his own ego that he could have success with the current squad and that pisses me off! I am a Torres fan(have been since his Atletico days, but stopped when he was at Liverpool) but I can understand benching him after his current performances but I have to say he was starting to come back and it is AVB job to keep that form up and he didn’t do that! Torres did harm himself with the red card but so did drogba! I just hope AVB can win the next games against Newcastle and Valencia and can build a squad around Luiz, Terry, Cole/Bertrand, Romeu, Ramires, McEachran, Sturridge ,Mata, Torres and still use frank when we need him!

So I would go for a 4-2-3-1 even i fit is a little against his philosophiy!

Cech

Ivan Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires( he has played this position for Brazil) Romeu

Sturridge Mereiles Mata

Torres

Cech

Cole -- Alex -- Luiz -- Terry - Ivanovic - Bosingwa

Romeu -- Mikel -- Miereles

Sturridge

Maybe then we might be able to keep a clean sheet

:D

Call me crazy, but I like that formation!...I don't think we'll concede, we could easily win back possession and Cole and Bosingwa can transform into wingers to trigger counter-attacks!...

Sigh....what a depressing state of affairs...

Guys I really do respect AVB and think he is the right coach to lead us to future glory. But what I can’t understand is why he was so inactive in the summer, everybody could see that we needed new players and had deadwood to get rid of! It just gives me the feeling that he had to show his own ego that he could have success with the current squad and that pisses me off! I am a Torres fan(have been since his Atletico days, but stopped when he was at Liverpool) but I can understand benching him after his current performances but I have to say he was starting to come back and it is AVB job to keep that form up and he didn’t do that! Torres did harm himself with the red card but so did drogba! I just hope AVB can win the next games against Newcastle and Valencia and can build a squad around Luiz, Terry, Cole/Bertrand, Romeu, Ramires, McEachran, Sturridge ,Mata, Torres and still use frank when we need him!

So I would go for a 4-2-3-1 even i fit is a little against his philosophiy!

Cech

Ivan Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires( he has played this position for Brazil) Romeu

Sturridge Mereiles Mata

Torres

He wasn't that inactive..He bought a lot of targets that are intended for the future, and at the same time was unfortunate to miss out on an important target in Modric. People will argue that he should have off-loaded someone, but removing players without proven replacements will only weaken the squad, which was already very weak after the 2010 season...