- Most importantly, more balls and intent from everyone on the pitch

- the usual great support from our fantastic away fans

= step 1 towards recovery, or at least in the right direction

:yes:

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't that inactive..He bought a lot of targets that are intended for the future, and at the same time was unfortunate to miss out on an important target in Modric. People will argue that he should have off-loaded someone, but removing players without proven replacements will only weaken the squad, which was already very weak after the 2010 season...

He brought in 3 players in a period of transition, 3 quality players but still no enough even if we got modric we still have needed a winger and a RB!

He brought in 3 players in a period of transition, 3 quality players but still no enough even if we got modric we still have needed a winger and a RB!

Well, he did say that he had made a failed bid for Alvaro Perierra, so at least he was aware of what we needed..Whether he looked hard enough is another matter, though...

well you should know ,,you hang on tight to your money.. try the Donation thread

Bit unfair , i would love to donate this month , but i have just moved house and have a mortgage to pay. not everyone has the spare cash at the moment.

Back to the game , we really need a win on this one but i dont see anything better than a draw , i expect a danny , drogba , mata frontline and please put some effort in :)

Bit unfair , i would love to donate this month , but i have just moved house and have a mortgage to pay. not everyone has the spare cash at the moment.

Back to the game , we really need a win on this one but i dont see anything better than a draw , i expect a danny , drogba , mata frontline and please put some effort in :)

I will donate when i get my new credit card in a couple of days!

This will be my first Chelsea away trip.

Can anyone who makes it to Newcastle regularly tell me if there's a bar the fans like to go for a sing song pre-match?

Fire me a pm, any info would be appreciated. Like to know what to expect :yes:

Buzzing :woo:

Everybody says Drogba and Torres cant play together but everytime they have played together the team has played a Diamond in midfield and our team is always shit when using the diamond formation, I would like to see a normal 4-4-2 formation with Drogba and Torres upfront a couple of games before saying if they can play together or not.

KTBFFH! :cfc: :cfc: :cfc:

I would love to see this team!

............................................Cech..........................................

......Bosingwa.................Alex..............Terry..................A.Cole..

..................................................Mikel.......................................

...........................Lampard...........................Malouda.................

...........Anelka...............................Drogba..........................Kalou.....

Torres NEEDS GAME time.

Don't you think he's had enough game time during the 11 months? In 95% of this time he has failed. It's time to think about results now, rather than dwell and focus on an underperforming over-earner.

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Meireles-Lampard

Drogba-Sturridge-Mata

Put Drogba on the right wing, he can hold the ball up, cross, pass, link up, he may of lost his pace, but he has not lost all of his technical skills. Where as Sturridge will be our only striker who will actually try and work his arse off up front, and not get lost (Torres), or get lazy (Drogba). Also i would like to see Anelka come on 2nd half, we could have use of him.

I for one don't think we will win this, if it was against Wigan i would say 4-0, but this is Newcastle, one of the most jammy and lucky team in the world, and there good, all 3 of there goals last season where jammy as fuck, Alex's mistake what lead to Carrols tap in, one huge deflection on Lovenkrands free kick, and Steven Taylor's header very last minute. We need to be the better side, and i will not be confident and sit back till we are at least 3 goals different from each other, and obviously us scoring the goals. Anyway hope Tiote isn't back, might give us some luck in midfield.

I think we should also make this a low passing game, we lose the ball far too much, no one is good at long range passing in our midfield, the only player with reliability on that pitch is Juan Mata, make sure he gets the ball as much as he can and in the best positions.

Don't you think he's had enough game time during the 11 months? In 95% of this time he has failed. It's time to think about results now, rather than dwell and focus on an underperforming over-earner.

Don't play Torres or Lukaku, untill we get a playmaker and a winger, that's all i'm saying. Because i expect nothing from those two untill we actually get a good fucking team. Sturridge only scores because he's got the biggest determination i've seen in my life, he wont give up, he will just keep trying and trying and that's why he does it, Torres has given up.

It is true he has underperformed but Chelsea played arguably their best football vs Wolves. I recall drogba not contributing much in that game at all