Lazar Markovic

termninja

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Chelsea's Jose Mourinho still keeping tabs on Benfica's Lazar Markovic after failed move

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/427408/Chelsea-s-Jose-Mourinho-still-keeping-tabs-on-Benfica-s-Lazar-Markovic-after-failed-move

Jose Mourinho keeping tabs on Benfica striker Lazar Markovic

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/06/jose-mourinho-keeping-tabs-on-benfica-striker-lazar-markovic-3952801/

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho keeping tabs on Lazar Markovic ahead of January move

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/337016/Chelsea-boss-Jose-Mourinho-keeping-tabs-on-Lazar-Markovic-ahead-of-January-move

The Special One will be personally scouting Benfica forward Lazar Markovic during Serbia's World Cup qualifier against Croatia tonight, according to sources in Portugal.

A Bola claims Mourinho will be attending the Group A qualifying match at the Red Star Stadium in Belgrade to monitor defender Branislav Ivanovic's performance, but will also be watching Markovic.

Chelsea were reportedly on the brink of finalising a deal for the 19-year-old last year, but were unable to finalise a deal before the close of the transfer window.

The winger completed an £8.8m move from Partizan Belgrade to Benfica earlier this summer, and is currently on blistering form for his new club, scoring in each of his first two league appearances.

wooots

Strange Mourinho would be after either one of these players. The club didn't deem Matic worthy and as for Markovic and a third party owner, isn't Willian connected to that creep Joorabchian? I could be wrong. The club could have had either one really but let em drift away. Must be someone else Mourinho is observing? Markovic is nice but someone who could fill a RW spot with some work is Todd Kane who sets up goals nicely and has pace to boot. On top of that he's a RB so he can defend as well. That's just me.

Strange Mourinho would be after either one of these players. The club didn't deem Matic worthy and as for Markovic and a third party owner, isn't Willian connected to that creep Joorabchian? I could be wrong. The club could have had either one really but let em drift away. Must be someone else Mourinho is observing? Markovic is nice but someone who could fill a RW spot with some work is Todd Kane who sets up goals nicely and has pace to boot. On top of that he's a RB so he can defend as well. That's just me.

I think we have enough attacking midfielders to fill the RW spot. I'd rather see Chelsea give Moses a proper chance at RW and let Todd Kane develop as Azpi's backup.

A Bola have reported today that Jose Mourinho will meet up with Ljubinko Drulovic to discuss the two players Chelsea are watching in tonight’s World Cup qualifier between Serbia and Croatia. Drulovic is the Serbia U19 international manager and is a close friend of Mourinho.

According to reports in Portugal Mourinho is attending the game to watch Nemanja Matic and Lazar Marković. The two youngsters have caught the attention of the Chelsea manager and therefore he is going to Serbia to watch the players in action. Mourinho has invited his former Inter Milan player Dejan Stankovic to watch the game with him. Stankovic has just retired from football and has now become a keen observer of football in Serbia. He is likely to be advising his former boss on recruiting players from the area.

Drulovic has confirmed to the media that Mourinho will be in attendance to watch Matic and Markovic. He believes there is a possibility that Chelsea will try to sign the two players when the transfer window reopens in the New Year. Drulovic said he will speak to Mourinho after the game to get a lowdown on his thoughts on the players and get an indication on what he is looking for. With Drulovic’s involvement at the youth level of Serbian football he will be able to give the Chelsea coach an insight into the two players.

“There is talk of Matic and Markovic. Mourinho may have an interest in them during the winter market. I will talk a bit with Mourinho and find out why he wanted to see them play,” said Drulovic on Mourinho’s trip to Serbia.

Matic was on Chelsea’s books but he signed for Benfica as part of the David Luiz deal in 2011. He has since has established himself as one of the best young midfielders in Europe. Markovic could of been a Chelsea player this summer but he decided to join Benfica.

• 3 months later...

whats the deal with this kid? hearing reports now we have an option to buy him after 2 years

I haven't seen much from him, but he's impressive at times and not so much the others. He's very injury-prone though, that's a problem.

• 2 months later...

Well, now O JOGO is reporting that we have a 15M buyout clause. Not sure if it's true but they were the first ones to report the Atsu transfer.

Edit: so is Record, but they also say that the investment fund that owns him wants to keep him at Benfica for one further season.

From what I've read, Benfica owns 50% of him and the other 50% by a 3rd party. But we have first refusal for Benfica's 50% at 7.5M, so basically 15M first refusal if he's every sold.

He's hard working and technically very good but not sure about his physicality, if he can improve that he's definitely a good player, has very good vision, something we lack currently. Not a bad option in the future possibly.

But what I don't understand is how we end up with a first refusal? What did we possibly give up to get that first refusal?

Great news! From what I know, the 3rd party that owns 50% of Markovic's rights is a company owned by Pini Zahavi, Roman's friend.

Kid looks class and he has settled very well into that team. I just wish he follows Matic's steps so that we can do another great piece of business with Benfica just for peanuts.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I saw of him last night, his a hard worker, will definitely fit into Mou's tactics, I see him as a long term replacement for Willian

All of this is very interesting. If we really do have an option to get him here and we're serious about it in the future (and he's agreeable to it) then I think this is better than what we could have done in buying him young and loaning him out to some obscure club and shifting him around for a few seasons. At Benfica he is a proper Benfica player, not some temporary stop-gap for them; meaning the coach and team will invest time and coaching in him, kind of like with Matic. Surely it will help him too, feeling like he's part of Benfica rather than just waiting to come back to his parent club.

For anyone that watches him, is he a proper CM or another AM?

Thanks.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You