Transition

warnie_666

The amount of player-power at our club is simply ridiculous. I know it "helped" when a couple of these players influenced the sacking of Scolari and all, but it's just too unhealthy and doesn't go on at other clubs.

We are paying the price for:

1) Not blending in youth with older players and phasing out likes of Lamps, JT, A. Cole slowly

2) Not bringing in any creative & intelligent players at all in the last god knows how many years

3) Not getting rid of the likes of Anelkalouda, Drogba, Ferreira, and so on, (not at the same time but one or two in the each of the last few summers) and bringing in hungrier, talented players

There isn't any motivation, passion, drive in the team. Sure, they turn it on now and then, as we saw against QPR but it needs to be a consistent thing and there are just too many who are happy collecting their paycheck every week despite putting in mediocre performances

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He didn't pay 15m euros (£13.2m) to get me out of Porto and another fortune to get me out of Chelsea," he said.

"It is not a question of the owner having patience. I have said we have set out to build something new at this club and the club is committed to what we are building for the future."

"There is no running away from our responsibilities," said Villas-Boas. "There is no calling this a year of transition, no calling for time to do our work."

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/15813784.stm

That probably settles it

Its what I've been saying as well. This is a team that now thrives on results and achievements...That's why I said targets like the C Cup and FA cup are very good, and and winning the former could be excellent motivation for the squad especially the youngsters involved...

What is it about our players and Mourinho? Can't they just get over it and get on with it like men or are we stuck with players who think they are bigger than the management and the club whining since 2007 that they don't have 'the special one' managing them. If there is one thing that really pisses me off about this crop of players its the way they feel that they are bigger than the club and that they almost need Jose to make them play well. The effort under Mourinho from some current players was more than twice what it was under Grant and Scolari and some of them are not professional enough to deal with the fact that Mourinho is gone.

If what is said about players not accepting AVB because he 'was only a scout' under Mourinho then that makes me sick. How disrespectful and arrogant to some of them want to be?

The same could probably be said for some fans and Mourinho. He is gone. He has moved on. Yet so many seem to be living in the past: what would Mourinho do? when Mourinho was here we did this/accomplished that.

The only transition that seems to exist at CFC is managerial transition while players are held unaccountable.

Last season people said that Carlo doesn't know what rotation is...

Can't see the justification for Torres over Drogba anyway. We know Torres is an emotional wreck.. To play him v. His old club would've been a disaster. I like André's rotation. Keeps the likes of Terry fit.

- thats right. They did not win anything, but they ended in 3th, 3th and 2nd in PL, and their place in top 4 was never in jeopard, you cant say the same about our current situation and Fersgunson is a proven manager in the high level.

Correct me if im wrong but in 2001/2002 they were 9th by Christmas, so i think there top 4 position was in jepoardy that season to be brutally honest.

The point about AVB not having the right support due to him being almost the same age as some of our veterans and being a scout earlier is spot on. I'm sure we have a very strong cartel within our team - e.g. I'm amazed by Drogs bossiness and whining at times , the moment yesterday when he pushed away Luiz from the wall before a free kick, the mouthing off to Mikel after the red card in the QPR game, the argument with Lamps on the last day of the 9/10 season when he wanted to be the top scorer. And he always gets away with it. Perhaps with some others this arrogance is more restrained, but nevertheless there. Something Sir Bacon face won't tolerate for a second at Manure, or Danglish or Guadiola. If we let go of our prima donnas (IMO this excludes JT, he's still worth a lot in a non-highline defense) and give AVB time he will develop the same authority and respect.

Another issue is the Roman factor. His involvement with our club is very different from how its for other owners and clubs. It is more intense, and that is a double edged weapon. Of course he is interested in our success but perhaps at times he's too involved, maybe bordering on the interfering. We don't know if any manager at our club, including AVB, can act absolutely independently. His track record of firing people is unsettling for any new manager, to put mildly.

I don't like this transition but have braced myself for more failure to come, before things improve. Agreed AVB has made his fair share of tactical errors, maybe too many, but firing him will make matters worse. It will only make our club untouchable to managers, who'd probably want to come in, screw up and move out with their big settlement. I'm sure Roman knows better.

We get to this season and we have added a new manager and about £100m of talent from that which started last season. Where have we got? Well we have a manager that refuses to change his style and has publicly said so. We've got the same old players that let Carlo down still lumbering about and a young 'innovative' manager refusing to give youth the chance to shine. Ashley Cole, rubbish pushed forward but Bertrand not given a chance. A central defence that changes week on week. A forward line that also changes from week to week even though the young talent of Sturridge is the one that should remain in the team.

I dont think AVB should be pushed out yet like all the rest, a £15m payout hardly fits in with their new 'long term' public ethos that they've been spouting about, however If senior management consistently fail to make correct appointments, then it’s only right they face the consequences themselves.

We ain't in a transition, United are :

- A 21 years-old promising goal keeper.

- Playing in their defense two future very good defenders (of 22 years-old and 19 years).

- Are introducing Cleverley (22 years-old) in the first team.

- Playing Welbeck (20) and Hernandez (23).

And that on the other hand, you also have players like Rooney (26), Nani (25) and Young (26) who are in their prime.

Just compare with us, and you'll see that we ain't in transition.

Does Fergie do it (play the youngsters) because he know's he's the only untouchable at United? Do the CFC managers not do it because they're afraid of getting the boot if the youngsters fail? Whatever it is it's not as if the old guys are setting the world on fire.

We ain't in a transition, United are :

- A 21 years-old promising goal keeper.

- Playing in their defense two future very good defenders (of 22 years-old and 19 years).

- Are introducing Cleverley (22 years-old) in the first team.

- Playing Welbeck (20) and Hernandez (23).

And that on the other hand, you also have players like Rooney (26), Nani (25) and Young (26) who are in their prime.

Just compare with us, and you'll see that we ain't in transition.

Even Liverpool are.

That's, ironically, the reason Torres left. Bet he regrets that one every day..

Does Fergie do it (play the youngsters) because he know's he's the only untouchable at United? Do the CFC managers not do it because they're afraid of getting the boot if the youngsters fail? Whatever it is it's not as if the old guys are setting the world on fire.

Of course job security comes into it, you're not likely to take chances on unproven talent when it's your head on the chopping block.

Even Liverpool are.

That's, ironically, the reason Torres left. Bet he regrets that one every day..

Presumably he was reassured by RA that Chelsea would spend to rebuild. Apparently he wasn't given the same assurance by LFC's new owners.

How it all works is a whole other matter. But yes, of course, after losing to LFC yet again, he has egg on his face. On the other hand he is playing CL football...

Of course job security comes into it, you're not likely to take chances on unproven talent when it's your head on the chopping block.

but how will they get better when they don't playing time on the big league ? (thats just for argument's sake- ignore it :P )

I agree with you, when we are in the back seat no manager will think of bringing a young player into the field. Either AVB should put full faith in them and start with few of the young players or our first team should score plethora of goals for the youngsters to make an appearance in the big stage. None of which is happening right now.

Presumably he was reassured by RA that Chelsea would spend to rebuild. Apparently he wasn't given the same assurance by LFC's new owners.

How it all works is a whole other matter. But yes, of course, after losing to LFC yet again, he has egg on his face. On the other hand he is playing CL football...

Let's call this half of the season.. AVB's evaluation instead of transition :)