Transition

warnie_666

With the early reports of him running a strict regime, it seemed like he was set to be the kind of person who could break the firm-hold of ego within our squad - plus with his own vision for the way he wanted him to be managing the team with the style he likes to play. But there is a problem with the way it is implemented. It is safe to assume the high line offers nothing more then more problems then solutions - it makes our once perfected defence look like shambles, and a clean sheet a non-exist word which we seemed to defy. Yes, we are going into a transition peroid, but we are still a team that wants to fight for competitions and NEEDS to be certain to be in the Champions League.

I am 100% behind AVB, and the idea he has for our team, but that shouldn't be played ahead if it means risking the oppertunity to attain the goal of CL football the following season. If the high-line doesn't suit our current crop of players, and the fast tempo doesn't seem to be able to be implemented because some players like to hold the ball, and what-not - then some decisions mean that he needs to have a second plan, and slowly implement the changes in style over time.

This isn't a transition with just the squad, i hope, but with the style we have come to know at Stamford Bridge and a different atmosphere of authority - but the expectation still remains, even though, maybe a little shorter then the following season. The likes of Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, etc. should be players that are grasping for straws, not 100% first team starters whereas players like Sturridge, Oriol, McEarhan, and Bertrand should be given oppertunites to shine through this peroid as we are builiding a brand new side, We bring in players WITH the young players we have, and build a much larger prospect - with someone who is able to fix them into something, rather then a facelesss image that is one in a while having another face plastered in it to help gain short-term success.

Would rather have a chicken with the eggs and the head, then one without.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Chelsea are in a period of 'transition' the older players have/can still play a part.

Only recently, Lampard for example scored a superb headed winner against Blackburn & has been a solid performer.

Yes,their best days are behind them but maybe the crux of the reason behind recent displays is AVB's man management skills?.

Maybe he struggles to bond with the current players,to comunicate without patronising,to show senior players of the same age that he knows what he's doing? to adapt to his ideas.

Even in the world of sport, personality clashes can be a big factor in team success,(or lack of it).

Even if Chelsea are in a period of 'transition' the older players have/can still play a part.

Only recently, Lampard for example scored a superb headed winner against Blackburn & has been a solid performer.

Yes,their best days are behind them but maybe the crux of the reason behind recent displays is AVB's man management skills?.

Maybe he struggles to bond with the current players,to comunicate without patronising,to show senior players of the same age that he knows what he's doing? to adapt to his ideas.

Even in the world of sport, personality clashes can be a big factor in team success,(or lack of it).

They can play a part, but should we rely upon them all the time?

Cole has played way too much! Bertrand is experienced and talented enough to play against teams like Wigan!

Should we knacker our elder backbone in order to find points when we have these supposedly potential 'world-class' youth rotting on the bench, or reserves?

We ain't in a transition, United are :

- A 21 years-old promising goal keeper.

- Playing in their defense two future very good defenders (of 22 years-old and 19 years).

- Are introducing Cleverley (22 years-old) in the first team.

- Playing Welbeck (20) and Hernandez (23).

And that on the other hand, you also have players like Rooney (26), Nani (25) and Young (26) who are in their prime.

Just compare with us, and you'll see that we ain't in transition.

Sturridge (22), Mata (23), Rami and Luiz (24)????

Notice Fergie 'Andres; Cleverly and 'Hernan' Welbeck out on loan before he gave them the chance, atleast McEachran is in and around matchday squad's where the fuck was Cleverly at 18 or even 21?

Hernandez is a awfull footballer, all he does is stand around and wait the ball to hit him in the face, has he ever skinned a player? we bash Kalou for "only scoring tap ins" and that's exactly what Hernandez does.

On the other hand did Lampard cover himself in glory in the big games against United, Arsenal, or Liverpool? Every player this season has had some stinkers and nobody is immune from some criticism and good hard look in the mirror.

One thing I sometimes question about AVB is his scouting/tactics. Supposedly he was Jose's scout mastermind of the opposition. Why does it sometimes feel he is surprised by the opposition or the opposition seems to out-scout us?

I sincerely hope these bad moments are wake up calls to players and AVB. God forbid Chelsea don't make it out of the CL qualifier. One Russian is definitely not going to be happy.

Hernandez is a awfull footballer, all he does is stand around and wait the ball to hit him in the face, has he ever skinned a player? we bash Kalou for "only scoring tap ins" and that's exactly what Hernandez does.

Think that's a little harsh lol he does make good runs. Knows where defenders are and where to run to get space

Notice Fergie 'Andres; Cleverly and 'Hernan' Welbeck out on loan before he gave them the chance, atleast McEachran is in and around matchday squad's where the fuck was Cleverly at 18 or even 21?

Hernandez is Inzaghi. They may not resemble footballers but they sure know how to score. Not the type I enjoy watching but happy to have them on my team if they're world class. It's the average poachers who are unbearable to watch. Oh you mean you have no skills, do nothing for the team and you hardly ever score?

I agree tbh, I always feel that. Yes he scores goals but like you I feel that theyre always on a plate, he may run round like a maniac to get their and get the good run ins but he can never reach the class of let's say Torres, Rooney, Drogba, Aguero etc. I'd be happy after he scores the goal but before that he'd really annoy me. United fans are great at exagerating their players "class" or "quality". I'll never forget how they did it too Macheda.

He may be an awfull footballer, but he actually does is job, in other words, he scores goal. Can Torres, Drogba, Kalou and Anelka claim the same thing ?

He may be an awfull footballer, but he actually does is job, in other words, he scores goal. Can Torres, Drogba, Kalou and Anelka claim the same thing ?

Totally agree. I preferer to have a striker who isnt the most skillful player, but who actually do his job, score goals.

Okay. You mentioned four players who can be labeled as players for the long term. United have six of those. Okay, until there, there isn't too much difference. But, United have - at least - three very good (world class for one of them) players in their prime, in Rooney, Nani and Young. Now, mentione me how many of those player we have ? Zero. And this is precisely this kind of player who enable the transition to be made, this is them who link the old guard with the youngs coming up. A transition does not mean to go from a point A to a point C, it means to go from a point A to a point C through a point B. We miss this link, we just have a team composed of players in their 30', and we throw into the mix some young ones. This ain't a transition.

if you want our strikers to score like Hernandez then you need some one to feed the ball to them... besides right now all the teams in PL are marking the strikers well other than us ! our marking is just terrible at the moment.

if you want our strikers to score like Hernandez then you need some one to feed the ball to them... besides right now all the teams in PL are marking the strikers well other than us ! our marking is just terrible at the moment.

Sometimes I wonder how Lampard and Sturridge have managed to score 11 goals ? Did the the ball went in the net by the hand of God ?

And by the way, I didn't mean I wanted our strikers to score like Hernandez. I just stated two facts, our strikers don't score while Chicharito does. So the point of my post was to say there was no point in critisize his quality or profile, since he fulfils his task.

Sometimes I wonder how Lampard and Sturridge have managed to score 11 goals ? Did the the ball went in the net by the hand of God ?

And by the way, I didn't mean I wanted our strikers to score like Hernandez. I just stated two facts, our strikers don't score while Chicharito does. So the point of my post was to say there was no point in critisize his quality or profile, since he fulfils his task.

I see your point :)

apologies :D

Transition? No, we are not in transition.

When we have a new players ( or youngsters) on the field, then we will be in transition.

Untill then, we are in "Bad moment".

About this season, we will not finish in the top four. No way. The sooner you get used to it, the less you have the urge to break a laptop or drink a bottle of whiskey after every Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle match. We will play Europa League ( my favourite Europe competition) next season( or few).

The good thing is we will be there together with Arsenal (Liverpool) and Newcastle.

I know missing out of Champions League will be big blow for this club and to most fans.

However this is something through which we have to pass. Mainly becouse of our board. They are making one bad decision after another. And they don't learn from their mistakes. For example, after Torres transfer, they bought Lukaku. I know he is for future, but you take care of future after you sort out your present.

- Salaries are too high given the contribution on the field.

- Most of our transfer are not enough, pointless and needs are not addressed properly.

- We do not have enough money to repair damage with it all the time.

- We set the standards that we can no longer follow ( wages, transfer fees).

- We change managers, but not the players. With our last move we've replaced decent manager with by no means better one.

Some are saying we can't afford not playing CL. Very true. But we also can't afford all these mistakes. Policy of this club is poor, and should be changed. And what better to initiate changes from such „failure“?

As for world class players that might leave, such as Mata ( or Luiz), they depend on form of their teammates, regardless of CL.

As for FFP rules, we didn't buy properly without them. I am sure all clubs will find ways to work with them. So will we.

Besides, whether we will be the top four team and tittle contenders, depends on ambition of our owner and wise decision making, not season or two without CL .

But, we will experience some kind of bad moments - transition - better moments cycle.