Time for fresh blood in January?

Wilson

This is a post out of frustration, but I really give up with some players. Two in particular. Malouda and Bosingwa. I like them but they have had so many chances to pull their fingers out, yet they fail and let the team down. Time for them to be sold and perhaps bring in a Right Winger and Playmaker? Not that the playmaker should rule out Meireles. I have been impressed with him and he should start more. McEachran should also be getting more time on the pitch.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested in what AVB has to say in some ways about the defeat, from there we can really determine the kind of person he is, and if he will be able to admit we NEED more players and to get rid of some others. Hazard has to be one of THEE few examples we should be looking at getting, either Jan or Summer, with people like Kalou, Anelka and Malouda who haven't been consistent enough to warrant to stay here. Bosingwa is currently in that list in my head, he was so much out of position at important times of the game it was shocking!

A new right back, a worldclass defender(im sorry but iva is to slow and jt is getting old), however I dont think 4th goal was terrys fault, than its trash like malouda anelka drogba, and kalou that are still hingering. Replace with a worldclass RIGHT WINGER and de bryne for depth. Sturridge should be in rotation for rw and Cf. Torres wasnt great but his service was even worse. And lastly we need a worldclass attacking mid. Lampard played good, but second half was two slow and tottaly ineffective. 3 worldclass players+ a rb, is a big shopping list, but its honestly what we need.

What we need to do in my opinion is get rid of many players and at sane time get many new ones, Malouda can fuck off, we should get Simons like hazard or another winger, we could do with a centr back, Hummels I absolutely agree with, I think we need to get rid of Mikel, he's not good enough in out system, he's 4-4-2 IMO, we need someone like Romeu to play there.

We definitely need a playmaker, could of done with Modric tbh, and for RB?, well who can we get?, if AVB is to be our long term manager then we need to let go of many players and sign new ones, and it could mean getting rid of Alex, Ivanovic, Mikel, Malouda, Drogba and Anelka. We can't even rotate tbh, we need better players, I also think Bertrand needs to start playing more.

Billy Cifford is an excellent player, and could be a really good RB. I just hope André looks at the youth and reserve team.

I agree, Bertrand is a great talent also, there's one thing I hate about cole, his crossing, he simply cannot cross, we need thus from full backs, Bertrand needs to play more.

I don't think anybody ever doubted that we need fresh blood, it's kinda obvious... Mata, Lukaku and Romeu alone won't do until we have players like Malouda, Anelka, Kalou and Drogba playing big roles. You might even name Bosingwa and a month or two ago Lampard was on everybody's lips (not anymore though, how quickly things change).

So no doubt we need fresh blood, it's inevitable... dunno about january, but next summer once our obsolete players leave.

I agree, Bertrand is a great talent also, there's one thing I hate about cole, his crossing, he simply cannot cross, we need thus from full backs, Bertrand needs to play more.

Yeah, but Cole's first touch is so exquisite now. He's also putting a lot of heart into working for this squad this season, which really makes me proud to see. I think it's Ray Wilkins who said "he's one of the hardest workers in training, every day".

Alex, Ivanovic, Mikel, Malouda, Drogba and Anelka.

Ivanovic is still pretty good.

Mikel and Alex has their moments but they just don't have what it takes for the new system.

Malouda and Anelka need to leave and Drogba as much as it pains me to say it, is the past and there is no point in keeping him.

Forget all flair and technicality of the Brazlians, Portuguese and Spainish that Chelsea has come to love in the last few years, we need the cold ruthlessness only the Germans can provide.

Right back we do need to improve but who is out there that can do the job defensively??? There are plenty who have pace and can bomb on but we need someone who is defensively solid and it's hard to find them.

Most important thing imo is to get rid of Drogba, Kalou and Malouda. Especially the latter 2 who just simply do not deserve to play for the club. Replace them with hungrier players. Alex is just a waste of space atm he is not being played at all. Dunno if somethings gone wrong or if AVB just does not fancy him. JT doesn't have much time left. Luiz needs to work on himself A LOT. Iva is good but not "fantastic". Bosingwa is good against shite teams and just disastrous against better ones

Sturridge isn't working at RW. He hasn't had a single decent game this season in terms of his overall team play. He scored a good goal against Sunderland, shite performance. Good goals against Bolton, okay performance and disappeared in the 2nd half. Poor against Utd, today. He will learn when it comes to judgment and playing the right pass. At least he isn't just a headless chicken and knows where to run, when to run. I certainly hope he'll learn. So we need a proper winger.