Time for fresh blood in January?

Wilson

What is this Javi Martinez like? He is often been touted as the next Iniesta and what not, worth a shot?

Christian Derflinger is meant to be good, and Iker Muinian.

Martinez is a DM, he's nothing like Iniesta. Mata is closer to Iniesta than Martinez is.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should keep Torres?, you're joking ne right?, im getting sick of his performances tbh.

Right. His previous performance he scored a brace. Before that he played well against Valencia. Before that he scored. Before that he was best Chelsea player against Man U and scored. Before that he assisted both goals against Bayer Leverkusen.

So basically he's had his first bad game since his sub appearance against Sunderland in early September. He was bad today. Today. And please spare me about last season. He had a terrible half season for Chelsea. There's nothing he or we can undo that season. But do you want to concentrate on this season or not?

This goes beyond just picking on Torres today. Chelsea has some fundamental problems. They need to be addressed. And I would rather read posts that discuss these issues rather than fuck off him, sell that tosser, etc.

Want to get rid of Torres? Fine. That's fair to discuss but at least present a halfway decent argument.

AVB wanted Modric and Perreria this summer. Ever wondered why? Think they would help with some of the fundamental problems Chelsea are experiencing?

Higuain just scored, amazing finish perfect lob, hammered the offside trap, and here are we lumbered with a 50 million cabbage...

relax mate ... AVB has to resolve Torres' problem real fast... we need him to score every match ... the build up should be to give the balls to Torres, he is the striker and has to strike period...

Hazard. Neymar. Modric. GO GO GO!

Yes fresh blood in january, but I expect a big and a very important summer transfer period for our club. Some old timers will finally depart and the new era will begin.

totally !! Offload Malouda, Anelka, Kalou and Bosingwa .

Buy Guiseppe Rossi,Modric,Ribery and Hummels

Then put this formation.

Iva-Hummels-Luiz-Cole

Ramires-Lampard

Modric

Hazard-Rossi-Mata

If we have this team were unbeatable

Torres has been given too many chances

Sturridge is not ready for big games yet

If we want to with high defensive line, i think is better to put Luiz. And i put Hazard because its imposible to get Ribery, Bayern will never sell him.

It was time for 'fresh blood' in the summer, Andre Naive-Boas spent most of that time "assessing what we had got".

For someone supposedly obsessed with scouting reports and the like, you'd think he would have assessed the players before the asia tour.

and who would T knows everything X have bought...or would he just have played Kakuta???

No offense to Wilson who started this topic,but I hate threads like these created after a reaction to one match..

Todays result had nothing much to do with the weakness of the squad...Hell, man for man we had a better team than Arsenal on paper but that didn't stop them from clobbering us did it?

Right. His previous performance he scored a brace. Before that he played well against Valencia. Before that he scored. Before that he was best Chelsea player against Man U and scored. Before that he assisted both goals against Bayer Leverkusen.

So basically he's had his first bad game since his sub appearance against Sunderland in early September. He was bad today. Today. And please spare me about last season. He had a terrible half season for Chelsea. There's nothing he or we can undo that season. But do you want to concentrate on this season or not?

This goes beyond just picking on Torres today. Chelsea has some fundamental problems. They need to be addressed. And I would rather read posts that discuss these issues rather than fuck off him, sell that tosser, etc.

Want to get rid of Torres? Fine. That's fair to discuss but at least present a halfway decent argument.

AVB wanted Modric and Perreria this summer. Ever wondered why? Think they would help with some of the fundamental problems Chelsea are experiencing?

Of course they would of helped, in my opinion cole isn't the best LB in the world, i think Baines is better tbh, we could do with a wing back who can cross, Modric of course he fucking would, Modric Is what we need most, a playmaker. What argument do you want me to present about Torres?. My opinion he's not good enough anymore and there's better strikers, I also think were holding into him because we paid 50m for him.

I think we should show some loyalty to our players, especially after defeats. Those lads work hard in every game yet we are ready to get rid of them after every slip on the road. We have an excellent squad that is capable of competing in all competitions; proof: we were the better side in all the matches we played including the one that we lost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should not improve our squad if possible in Jan, I just find it pathetic that some tend to label our hard-working players as shit after every defeat.

Of course they would of helped, in my opinion cole isn't the best LB in the world, i think Baines is better tbh, we could do with a wing back who can cross, Modric of course he fucking would, Modric Is what we need most, a playmaker. What argument do you want me to present about Torres?. My opinion he's not good enough anymore and there's better strikers, I also think were holding into him because we paid 50m for him.

I have no problems with anyone who points out Torres was poor yesterday. He was poor, his team was poor. But your 'he had a shocker, a shocker!' posts really shade his performance in an unfair light. More importantly, you miss the issues of why Chelsea struggle and will continue to struggle.

I brought up the Modric and Perreria failed transfers to show that this squad has FUNDAMENTAL deficiencies that will be exploited any time we play halfway decent teams. And with Liverpool, City, Newcastle and Tottenham yet to come, we may be in a world of hurt.

The deficiencies are accentuated by a coach who is intent on adhering to a system rather than being pragmatic and focusing on accentuating the current squad's strengths and hiding its weaknesses. Fair enough, he's decided to live and die by his philosophy. Chelsea will suffer in the short term but it may be worth it in the long term.

Torres as the CF is a speck when compared to the REAL issues I've mentioned. You keep highlighting how Sturridge got a lot of opportunities to mess up--that it showed he was involved and trying. Maybe. Or maybe Arsenal figured out he wasn't having a good day, backed off on him and allowed him to be his own worst enemy. The guy who was supposed to defending Sturridge, was running up the pitch and scoring. Did the two Arsenal CB's stop marking Torres and charge up the field to help Arsenal to attack?

What if Sturridge had managed to square the ball in the first few minutes? Torres was in good positions early in the game. He didn't get one single opportunity to even miss. Van Persie missed a golden opportunity in the first 15 minutes. Did Torres even have that? As the game went on and service was not forthcoming, Torres tried to drop deeper for the ball. He was guilty of executing badly and didn't help his team. Couldn't dribble past anyone and his passes were going nowhere. It's easy to say Torres didn't even try but he plays a certain way, a lot of time off the ball, trying to find space...that's not the type of game where you look "busy" so it's easy to think "oh he's done nothing." When it works, he's brilliant. When it doesn't, he looks like he did yesterday. But as CF, that's what he should be doing upfront and he can't be 100% responsible if he doesn't receive a decent amount of service. Put it simply, pass him the ball and since he's the CF, pass it to him when he's in scoring positions. That didn't happen yesterday.

Yesterday was immensely frustrating. I'm at a point where I don't even want to post anymore because it's just too frustrating because I had suspected since the summer that Chelsea had some serious problems that weren't addressed. And that instead of being bracketed with the Manchester teams, Chelsea belongs in the 2nd group with Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal. Funny thing is in either group, Chelsea would probably finish 3rd anyway. The difference is that in the first group, I could see Chelsea challenging for the title but coming up short and finishing 3rd. But 10 league games in the season where Chelsea have yet to beat any of the tougher teams played so far, it's likely we won't be bothering City too much and in a tough fight for 3rd.

I have no problems with anyone who points out Torres was poor yesterday. He was poor, his team was poor. But your 'he had a shocker, a shocker!' posts really shade his performance in an unfair light. More importantly, you miss the issues of why Chelsea struggle and will continue to struggle.

I brought up the Modric and Perreria failed transfers to show that this squad has FUNDAMENTAL deficiencies that will be exploited any time we play halfway decent teams. And with Liverpool, City, Newcastle and Tottenham yet to come, we may be in a world of hurt.

The deficiencies are accentuated by a coach who is intent on adhering to a system rather than being pragmatic and focusing on accentuating the current squad's strengths and hiding its weaknesses. Fair enough, he's decided to live and die by his philosophy. Chelsea will suffer in the short term but it may be worth it in the long term.

Torres as the CF is a speck when compared to the REAL issues I've mentioned. You keep highlighting how Sturridge got a lot of opportunities to mess up--that it showed he was involved and trying. Maybe. Or maybe Arsenal figured out he wasn't having a good day, backed off on him and allowed him to be his own worst enemy. The guy who was supposed to defending Sturridge, was running up the pitch and scoring. Did the two Arsenal CB's stop marking Torres and charge up the field to help Arsenal to attack?

What if Sturridge had managed to square the ball in the first few minutes? Torres was in good positions early in the game. He didn't get one single opportunity to even miss. Van Persie missed a golden opportunity in the first 15 minutes. Did Torres even have that? As the game went on and service was not forthcoming, Torres tried to drop deeper for the ball. He was guilty of executing badly and didn't help his team. Couldn't dribble past anyone and his passes were going nowhere. It's easy to say Torres didn't even try but he plays a certain way, a lot of time off the ball, trying to find space...that's not the type of game where you look "busy" so it's easy to think "oh he's done nothing." When it works, he's brilliant. When it doesn't, he looks like he did yesterday. But as CF, that's what he should be doing upfront and he can't be 100% responsible if he doesn't receive a decent amount of service. Put it simply, pass him the ball and since he's the CF, pass it to him when he's in scoring positions. That didn't happen yesterday.

Yesterday was immensely frustrating. I'm at a point where I don't even want to post anymore because it's just too frustrating because I had suspected since the summer that Chelsea had some serious problems that weren't addressed. And that instead of being bracketed with the Manchester teams, Chelsea belongs in the 2nd group with Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal. Funny thing is in either group, Chelsea would probably finish 3rd anyway. The difference is that in the first group, I could see Chelsea challenging for the title but coming up short and finishing 3rd. But 10 league games in the season where Chelsea have yet to beat any of the tougher teams played so far, it's likely we won't be bothering City too much and in a tough fight for 3rd.

I couldn't even sleep last night, my mind was on the result too much, forget what I said about Torres, I was mad. When Torres played for Liverpool all he did was make runs and score when he got the ball he was always about 5 yards away from the last defender. At Chelsea Torres always gets a pass with his back towards goal.

I'm not going to say Torres will be good here, because when I'm confident it always comes back in my face, it's why you'll find I'm a very negative person.