QPR 1-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Haven't seen Evans's sending off. Terry was there to cover... although in retrospect it was a 50/50 call, still think the penalty and the red for Bosingwa were too soft (although by the rulebook it was a red if you don't consider Terry to be covering). Fair enough, let him do it, but do it for both teams ffs... he was biased towards QPR. And like AVB said, many of the small decision went against us also, not only the big decisions. He was biased beyond belief, totally controlled by the home crowd.

personally dont think Terry would have got back but its all down to interpretation. I agree they did get most of the decisions but you just have to get on with it. I dont think the ref was purposely biased against chelsea, i just think it happens in football and most decisions just happened to go qpr's way. I can guarantee throughout the course of the season we'll get all of the decisions in a game and everybody will say he had a great game.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, Terry wouldn't have gotten back in time.

I agree that they could have been pens but are very rarely given. Luiz's foul was much easier to see and more blatant and was therefore given. If every shirt pull in the box was given there'd be 10 pens every game. Thats what i mean by 50/50 sometimes theyre given, sometimes theyre not but we need to stop calling the ref a disgrace and accept it. we've had games like this where everythings gone our way and nobody goes mad at the ref then do they? Im just being honest unlike most people here

The foul on Luiz from the corner was unlike most fouls that usually happen during set pieces. Usually it's just a little shirt pull. But the QPR player (was it Helguson?) had BOTH arms around him and pulled him to the ground. Definite penalty.

he didnt really pull him to the ground. he had hold of luiz and luiz jumped. I do agree it was a pen though. However Carvalho did that for us on pretty much every corner. I see where your coming from but i would have been suprised if he gave it

If im being honest the ref wasn't as bad as everyone says he was. Every single decision was 50/50 (apart from Drogbas sending off). Bosingwa probably should have been sent off considering johnny evans was sent off for something similar against city, and before anybody says terry was gonna get back, he wasnt. He was behind the play and SWP is too fast for him. It just wasn't our day but to say the ref is a disgrace is kinda stupid. Every decision was arguably correct. If it was the other way round i think everyone on here would be praising the ref. Sorry

I would agree with his decisions if he had showed more consistency. A ref can be strict or not, that depends on his style. But if he awards them a penalty for something like the foul Luiz committed then we should have a couple as well

Okay after calming down and watching the highlights and key moments of the match all over again, I've come to a few conclusions and observations... mainly about Luiz. The Bosingwa red situation, I mean the situation where SWP cut through, was largely Luiz's mistake. He made a bad pass upfront (although Drogba made no effort to get on the end of the pass) and tracked back poorly, allowed a pass to go through his legs when he had acres of empty space behind him for SWP to run in to... This left Bosingwa no choice but to run with SWP who clearly outruns him, Bosingwa was on the wrong side because SWP ran to his right (hence the short pulling by Bosingwa, hoping that the ref doesn't see it and that SWP won't be able to run away).. Jose had no choice but to go in hard or SWP would've been through with Terry being in a 50/50 position to cover. In retrospect the red could be seen as the correct call and Luiz will have to take responsibility in letting this situation unfold in first place, Bosingwa just got unlucky and panicked.

The penalty conceded by Luiz was a foul, but it is rarely given in EPL and Luiz must've had this in the back of his mind. Helguson made it look worse, so the soft call was given. Luiz let the ball bounce beforehand, but the ball was travelling pretty quickly over his head, he misjudged the flight off the ball. He did that one or two more times, misjudging the flight of the ball. Luiz made a few rookie mistakes which led to bad situations for us. Luckily we were facing a shit team, they weren't able to capitalize.

Nevertheless, the ref didn't show us mercy but did to QPR.. that's the main thing to criticize about, inconsistency.

goalkeeper: cech

defense: bosingwa - terry - david luiz - cole

midfield: mikel - lampard - meireles (malouda 71min.)

attack: sturridge (ivanovic 35min.) - drogba - mata (anelka 45min.)

damn.. we lost the west london derby vs queens park rangers!!

damn.. my africans jose bosingwa & didier drogba sent off!!

damn.. 7 yellow cards & 2 red cards for our team!!

cool.. my african shaun wright phillips played the west london derby vs his ex club chelsea, must be a special feeling,

we should never sell s.w.phillips, this was a big mistake, cause s.w.phillips is a quality african, damn!!