David Luiz a clumsy defender?

Kojo

And only one in PL.

For me its not a coincidence that it happened when VB decided Terry-Ivanovic is our main defence.

Ivanovic should be right back. Terry-Ivanovic is an awful partnership, specially now that Terry keeps playing because of his name.

Yep. Our two center backs should be Luiz-Terry for two reasons :

1. Because we can't keep going with Bosingwa at this spot. He isn't even good enough to make the bench imo. Therefore, Ivanovic has to be our right back.
  2. Because Luiz-Terry partnership is way more better than Iva-Terry (I think a pair Ivanovic-Luiz might be better, but since the serbian has to be RB...).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Because we can't keep going with Bosingwa at this spot. He isn't even good enough to make the bench imo. Therefore, Ivanovic has to be our right back.
  2. Because Luiz-Terry partnership is way more better than Iva-Terry (I think a pair Ivanovic-Luiz might be better, but since the serbian has to be RB...).

I don't think Terry will be dropped so he will be always be part of any pairing...

While I do believe in Luiz and hope he gains more consistency to become our first choice, I have to ask: Is the Alex-Terry partnership really done and dusted? Why not pair them up a few more times this season and see if it gets us clean sheets?

I agree with Peace. Our best defense is made of Cole, Terry, Luiz and Ivanovic. When Luiz goes forward Bran can also cover for him.

Someone has to be a scrapegoat for our bad defense so the dice fell on Luiz. I really like him and I think we missed him today :(

Ivanovic is not a World Class CB. But he is a decent RB.

Terry has become an awful defender, only playing because of his name.

Terry+Ivanovic is not our best CB partnership.

Someone has to be a scrapegoat for our bad defense so the dice fell on Luiz. I really like him and I think we missed him today :(

Our defence will be fine once Bosingwa gets replaced by a proper defender, not an attacker who starts runs from deep. I agree, we should play Ivan, Luiz, Terry and Cole.

Our defence will be fine once Bosingwa gets replaced by a proper defender, not an attacker who starts runs from deep. I agree, we should play Ivan, Luiz, Terry and Cole.

Nah, the fact Bosingwa can't defend wouldn't be that bothering, if he was good at attacking, much like Dani Alves. But he isn't even good at this...