David Luiz a clumsy defender?

Kojo

He didn't give away a penalty. That's the fucking referee that granted this inbreed team a penalty. In any other situations, there wouldn't have been a penalty. The ref whistled the penalty because he was shitting in his pants because of the cavemen which were vociferating in the stands.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really thought he was clumsy ... he is young and sometimes yes he makes tackles that is questionable but that is not because the tackle was clumsy its because his timing is wrong.I mean when you look back at the QPR match Luiz was compensating for the attacker in the front and was almost there every where in the pitch where we might have actually wanted our players to be !

I don't know if you guys would agree but I thought Luiz bought the spirit into the whole Chelsea team to push themselves to limit to try and get an equalizer.

David Luiz lost his calm back there but it was mainly because of the crackpot referee. Even I was furious over the decisions that referee gave.

For all those who say luiz could be a good DM....

I think his forward runs have made people think that he'd make a great midfielder by default, but I disagree after seeing Phil jones performance against scousers because in my opinion, the thing that allows him to make those runs out of defence is that as soon as he steps out of defence, he gives us a man advantage in the opposition half. That's because the striker isn't going to track back and follow him all the way back. That means that he is given a free run in the opposition half as confusion arises among the defending team and nobody knows who's supposed to pick him up and track the run.

When he plays in midfield he's going to be up against an opposing midfielder who will mark and track him, and therefore his surging runs will be much tougher to pull off when he plays in midfield and has a man on him all the time.

Agreed

Good CDM also means he will need to pick passes on a consistent basis. There's no reason why he shouldn't be tried there like Mourinho did with Pepe, but I don't think it'll work well against the better sides..

For all those who say luiz could be a good DM....

I think his forward runs have made people think that he'd make a great midfielder by default, but I disagree after seeing Phil jones performance against scousers because in my opinion, the thing that allows him to make those runs out of defence is that as soon as he steps out of defence, he gives us a man advantage in the opposition half. That's because the striker isn't going to track back and follow him all the way back. That means that he is given a free run in the opposition half as confusion arises among the defending team and nobody knows who's supposed to pick him up and track the run.

When he plays in midfield he's going to be up against an opposing midfielder who will mark and track him, and therefore his surging runs will be much tougher to pull off when he plays in midfield and has a man on him all the time.

That's the point I've tried to make earlier. Granted, we could be wrong, but I trust in AVB to know what suits him the most... and we saw no sign from Ancelotti and haven't seen a sign from AVB to even think about it, nor did the staff at Benfica if I'm not wrong. I wonder if Ray Wilkins had been around after new year, because in commentary I think he said that he looks good to be a midfielder.. so he might have actually tried to persuade Ancelotti, but it wasn't to be. I still maintain he's the best as a flamboyant CB.

It was a definite penalty, doesn't matter how soft it is, if you would give a free kick for it then it should be given as a penalty.

Just like last season with Zhirkov and Smalling, when we beat them 2-1, people said it wasn't a penalty but it was, it's soft but its a foul. People now days have it in there heads that you have to be injured in the box and there kegs brutally hacked for it to be a penalty, Luiz shouldn't if done it and hopefully he learns from it.

So far this season :

- 15 games played.

- Only 4 clean sheets ; against Stoke, Leverkusen, Fulham and Genk.

- 17 goals conceeded.

-> So, is Luiz the liability, is he clumsy ? No. The liability is our whole defense. And I still believe he is our best defender.

So far this season :

- 15 games played.

- 17 goals conceeded.

-> So, is Luiz the liability, is he clumsy ? No. The liability is our whole defense. And I still believe he is our best defender.

And only one in PL.

For me its not a coincidence that it happened when VB decided Terry-Ivanovic is our main defence.

Ivanovic should be right back. Terry-Ivanovic is an awful partnership, specially now that Terry keeps playing because of his name.

So far this season :

- 15 games played.

- 17 goals conceeded.

David luiz is aggressive but not clumsy. At times he may pay the price, but I am of the stance hes a world class defender at defending. Hes got pace, technical ability to tackle intercept, good in the air and always full of confidence.

So far this season :

- 15 games played.

- 17 goals conceeded.

Well it has certainly come down to who is the least poor of all