Chelsea 3-1 Everton

BlueLion.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every black man's heritage can be traced back to African, maybe a couple of generations back but they all definitely have black heritage...That's also they are called African- Americans in the US....So every black man anywhere can be Tommy and our African :yes: :yes: :yes: ....

Most of them were back passes or lateral. Xavi makes his passes around the opposition box

This :

Just to be clear, I didn't compare their stats at all. I merely stated the numbers and said that they were in the Xavi category.

They're two players world apart in terms of position, style and responsibilities, which is precisely why I didn't bother responding to the user who ignorantly pointed out that Xavi makes more forward passes. That wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Mikel does a lot more forward passes than people give him credit for these days.

I really don't get the Mikel bashing that goes on at-all, he had a few bad games as a youngster but since Scolari's era he has really came into his own IMO. His improvment was one of the few positives from that disaster.

Mikel does a lot more forward passes than people give him credit for these days.

I really don't get the Mikel bashing that goes on at-all, he had a few bad games as a youngster but since Scolari's era he has really came into his own IMO. His improvment was one of the few positives from that disaster.

It wasn't bashing.

It was criticism. I have been a big fan of Mikel before, I'm sure you'll remember. It's like I said, that was in the old system.

Look there are two aspects to his game.

1. The defensive and holding ability. There is no doubt that he is superb at that.

2. Distribution of ball and set up counter attacks. Something he lacks a great deal.

My problem is with the second point. How many times have u seen Mikel set up counter attacks? Something that makalele was superb at. Win the ball and pass it forward.

Mikel wins the ball takes few touches and then either passes it back or laterally. He very rarely plays the ball upfront. Something even Ancelotti admitted that he has been telling Mikel to do more often.

I think it was against Swansea and the commentator rightly pointed out couple of instances where he wins the ball and takes three touches while Swansea players move back to their positions.

But his other aspect of the game Whig is winning the ball and holding it or defending it is without a doubt superb!!