Praise for Nando

Wilson

He has been a good signing, doing everything right - except from the obvious. However, I can see his work ethic and he's working hard, but it's not really a problem because we have plenty of players getting goals just now, but believe me he will start firing. He's always getting criticized, yet he keeps his head up and working for the team. Well done Nando, I know you will start scoring!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good signing, doing everything right... really? If he were a Manu or some other scum player, you wouldn't be saying that. He's been inconsistent, unconfident, not scoring... everything you don't want from a record signing. He deserves praise for his last game, it was nothing spectacular, but credit's due where credit's due... but looking at him since the beginning, I can't agree with your post I'm sorry.

And I can't help but feel that this will turn into another one of those "Torres threads", full of "expert analyzes" and excuses that come along with it... also every second post will contain the word "service" or variations of it.

He's been inconsistent? He's been ripping players, setting up goals and working hard. You are all just negative. Why can't you's believe he will succeed? If he was Manu? I didn't know he was a highly rated world class player?!

He's been inconsistent? He's been ripping players, setting up goals and working hard. You are all just negative. Why can't you's believe he will succeed? If he was Manu? I didn't know he was a highly rated world class player?!

Who said anything about belief? I still believe he can come good, but as time goes by, it becomes harder and harder to believe... but I still have faith, no doubt about it. I'm hoping every game that he scores for the sake of his confidence... I thought the goals against West Ham and Rangers were the answers. Seeing that they obviously weren't, so now I'm being more cautious over hoping that the 2 assists will lift his chin in any way... I'm looking at him match by match and thus far he's been inconsistent. He's been ripping players, setting up goals and working hard? Only when he feels like it, which isn't often enough.. Okay, maybe he's been consistently bad, but on recent evidence that might just turn. He was good against Stoke, faded in next 3 games to obscurity and now he popped up again. I definitely hope he will be able to maintain his level and not sulk too much.. seeing a smile or some positivity on his face during matches is more rare than a shooting star. He needs to set his mind right, the rest will follow.

He hasn't been ripping up players. He has worked hard and he set up goals in 1 game..

I know you like to be an optimist, but be realistic too. I want him to succeed and I do also believe he did very well last night. But he's hot and cold too often, and need to maintain his good form game in, game out.

Not been a good signing. though yes there is always constant hope he will come good and well he did show he can be creative [something which is nice for the game] for a 50 million pound signng with a reputation its not really a shining start hes had. who knows he may come good. but times not on his side. would have been better with aguero in. but still guys who knows

i suppose all the people that bought torres shirts when he was signed jinxed him........damn them! and me too xD

Unfortunately not what we signed him to do. And to be realistic he hasn't been doing that in all the matches either, thus being inconsistent. I believe he can still succeed though and that every chelsea fan wants him too.

Let's not fly off the handle here.

Is it ok to have faith in him, especially after his latest performance. But it's unfair to shower excess praise just because he's Fernando Torres, No.9 for Chelsea/Spain etc...He's trying, just as others (Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, etc) to get back into his groove, but don't point the spotlight on him yet. Right now, the only the signings who deserve such adulation are Mata and Meireles who have actually reinvigorated the team,

I know he's a striker and should be scoring, but I guarantee when he scores you's will all be riding on his dick. Every time on here there's always something negative said about him. If he was a winger, people would be saying he's amazing and couldn't fault him, but fair enough, he is indeed a striker.

There has been improvement this season when compared to last season - and like most. i bleieve Torres's Chelsea career started against Stoke. We are molding into a new system, have a large amount of strikers and are still building a team understanding, due to Carlo's succesful shadow. Torres played brilliant for me against Leverkusen, and now he ahs played a full 90 minutes and connected well with the team, maybe that could boost his confidence and add that depth that he has been missing.

People should remember how he scored on us so much, because we'd have possession for so long then lose it, he'd get onto a long ball and put it in. Thats the kind of player he is, he isnt a slow build up player who does well in tight spaces, he's the complete opposite. Its gonna take time for him to adapt to playing a totally different style of football but he is adapting and I think he's happy being a part of the club.

I still believe in Nando. One thing what I do appreciate is that he hasn't been whining about the drought but worked hard to reach his peak. He's lacking confidence but once he gets it back he will be unstoppable - again.