Why is Lampard still a given card?

YouNameIt

There's no substitute for experience and there's too many threads being aimed against an absolute legend of our club. I don't think he should play every game but i aint gonna slate him over it. He came on today and looked pretty good. Passed well, tackled well, calmed it all down. He still has a place in the team but as we all know, not every minute of every game. Knowing what Lamps has done for us, these threads are upsetting to keep seeing. I'm sure Man Utd fans wouldn't be like this to Scholes of Giggs or even Gary fucking Neville.

Could u imagine if Frank actually came on this site and saw threads having a go at him.... It's awful

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no substitute for experience and there's too many threads being aimed against an absolute legend of our club. I don't think he should play every game but i aint gonna slate him over it. He came on today and looked pretty good. Passed well, tackled well, calmed it all down. He still has a place in the team but as we all know, not every minute of every game. Knowing what Lamps has done for us, these threads are upsetting to keep seeing. I'm sure Man Utd fans wouldn't be like this to Scholes of Giggs or even Gary fucking Neville.

Could u imagine if Frank actually came on this site and saw threads having a go at him.... It's awful

he would also see the esteem MOST members regard him with ..remember he lived with abuse at W Ham when he

was much younger

No Chelsea fan should have a bad word to say about him, full stop. Sure i've had a few in threads or spare of the moment things when he's been off the pace but nobody has contributed more to chelsea than him since i've been alive. He knows we all love him but he doesn't need this shit.

He's 33, he knows his career is coming to an end, he knows he's not what he was 5 years ago or even 2 years ago. He doesn't need our threads to tell him it. He probably only has 2 years left and it'll be a real sad day when he retires.

I don't agree with that Steve, Lampard is finished and he does not need to play in the holding role.

I dont think he has the pace to play that role either. Holding midfielder's either need to be quick or have good postional awareness. The thing that got me thinking was where Henry says "the quarterback role". Lampard is the ultimate professional and he can pick a pass (the problem is he needs 2/3 seconds longer than Mata to think about it). He is also very strong....

Holding midfielder is his best bet to staying relevant to the starting XI. The issue is that Lampard has himself said that he wouldn't give up his runs up the field. That pretty much defeats the purpose of a holding midfielder. Especially for one like Lampard, who no longer has the pace to get back to position quickly.

Winter is right, the Chelsea holding midfielder role is crying out for someone to excel. If Lampard can do it, that would be a great boon to Chelsea's title challenge. I'm not a Lampard detractor just for the hell of it but I do resent that Meireles is obviously being played further back to accommodate Lampard. Meireles will be far more helpful if he's pushed further forward. Or if played in a 4-2-3-1, he would be the more offensive midfielder in the 2.

Holding midfielder is his best bet to staying relevant to the starting XI. The issue is that Lampard has himself said that he wouldn't give up his runs up the field. That pretty much defeats the purpose of a holding midfielder. Especially for one like Lampard, who no longer has the pace to get back to position quickly.

Winter is right, the Chelsea holding midfielder role is crying out for someone to excel. If Lampard can do it, that would be a great boon to Chelsea's title challenge. I'm not a Lampard detractor just for the hell of it but I do resent that Meireles is obviously being played further back to accommodate Lampard. Meireles will be far more helpful if he's pushed further forward. Or if played in a 4-2-3-1, he would be the more offensive midfielder in the 2.

I think AVB has realised this now and Mierlies has to play further forward. He footballing brain is to quick to be playing that deep, he is far more effective in the final third (as was proved at Liverpool).

If lampard is not prepared to play this role we should look to offload him in January(100% sure Redknapp would want him). Ruthless and cruel maybe, but the fact remains that he is a passenger in the team now. The other reason is his huge wage, that is hurting us with the new financial rules...Mata and Mierlies combined do not earn as much as Lampard if reports are true...

Im of the belief that frank should this form he has been in for the last 6 months continue then it would be in the teams best interests if he played less, as second half of the utd game we looked more fluid (until mikel came on) but I think super frank still has a part to play for the club even if it is a smaller part than he is used to, but he has earnt the right to be given more time before he can be judged as on the tail end of his career.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll probably cry when we see those three, plus Cech, play their last Chelsea game.

Cech has (hopefully!) many years ahead of him but as for Lampard.. I think he is still very good for us but not a 100% starter in my eyes anymore. Him having a Scholes/Giggs role is the best option.. he can rest and give his very best every other game