Why is Lampard still a given card?

YouNameIt

I think Lampard is getting better by the game since the start of the season; He was relatively good vs Sunderland. He might not get to the form he was in 2-3 years ago but he can easily still get into double figures in both assists and goals which is really saying much in the EPL. His time has not passed just yet.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AVB has already shown an intention to rotate .. All his new signings have already had playing time. Im sure Josh will get his . We are only

4 games in . A fit Lampard is one of our most potent weapons, AVB seems willing to give him more time ,,, therefore so should we

Last season (I mean the 2nd part of it, which he played) Lamps really struggled, I felt really sad...

He made a career taking long shots and he just stopped doing it. I think he just lacks confidence,

if he gets it back hopefully he will deliver again.

I was part of the "BENCH LAMPARD!" brigade, but he's gotten better each game. And he's our leading performer stats wise (1 goal, 2 assists). Over the years he's scored important goals vs. United (he scored home and away vs. United last year), so starting Lampard at OT would be a good idea, IMO. I like that he's been consistently improving. Makes me believe he still has a lot to offer.

I was part of the "BENCH LAMPARD!" brigade, but he's gotten better each game. And he's our leading performer stats wise (1 goal, 2 assists). Over the years he's scored important goals vs. United (he scored home and away vs. United last year), so starting Lampard at OT would be a good idea, IMO. I like that he's been consistently improving. Makes me believe he still has a lot to offer.

Yeah, I've said it before...Lampard at 33 needs a lot more games to get back to high speed. He's only going to improve with each game which is a good thing.

Hopefully todays CL match will see some squad rotation though...

Yeah, I've said it before...Lampard at 33 needs a lot more games to get back to high speed. He's only going to improve with each game which is a good thing.

Hopefully todays CL match will see some squad rotation though...

I was actually thinking Lampard needs MORE rest.

And while you debate and rant about everything you can because he isn't banging in those goals. Here's a little OptaJoe stat for you..

14 - Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has created more goalscoring chances than any other Premier League player this season

AVB dropped Drogba and he will drop Lampard when he sees him not performing to what is expected of him. His role has changed, he makes fewer lung bursting runs forward and roatates at it with the other 2 in midfield 3.

He's getting better. And while he's not the same, imo he shouldn't be dropped altogether. But he should be subbed off in the 60th minute mark if he isn't making any impact, etc. I do think that AVB will start doing this in a while.

and personally, no way has Drogba been better than Lamps... but I see what you mean as he's been 'dropped' for Torres who hasn't done much to justify that selection choice. but then again Torres was dropped too. I think things will settle down in a few weeks.

He's getting better. And while he's not the same, imo he shouldn't be dropped altogether. But he should be subbed off in the 60th minute mark if he isn't making any impact, etc. I do think that AVB will start doing this in a while.

and personally, no way has Drogba been better than Lamps... but I see what you mean as he's been 'dropped' for Torres who hasn't done much to justify that selection choice. but then again Torres was dropped too. I think things will settle down in a few weeks.

How can you even compare Drogs to Lamps? Drogba has played only a handful of minutes, getting subbed on or subbed off in every game, and missing one game due to injury. Lampard has played every game 90 minutes... Drogba has maybe 90 minutes in total.

How can you even compare Drogs to Lamps? Drogba has played only a handful of minutes, getting subbed on or subbed off in every game, and missing one game due to injury. Lampard has played every game 90 minutes... Drogba has maybe 90 minutes in total.

The OP is the one who compared them. I was merely giving my opinion that at least Lamps is trying unlike Drogba who has strolled around the pitch during the (limited) time he has played.

Lampard is a diesel for f***'s sake, he is increasing his fitness form and is better only when he plays a couple of games in a row... He is at the origin of nearly every goal occasion or dangerous situation since the start of the season. Really can't understand why people want to drop him, especially because it's obvious he adapts to the pass and move (it's very clear against Sunderland) even if it's not the great Lampard we used to see in the past

i'd agree with you...............wait for it...............if you posted that in 2001.

I love super frank but I don't think we need to give him a start.... We should use him like MAN UTD use Giggs.

+1