How can we beat Manchester United

Blauw

Right as we all think Man United are so great lets look at their first few games:

Manchester City 2-3 Manchester United

De Gea has an absolute shocker.

Man U's only top class opposition this season

Only won due to a defensive mix up in the last minute

West Brom 1-2 Manchester United

De Gea has a shocker..again

The goal came from a fortunate own goal

Man U 3-0 Spurs

Luka Modric does not play

Tottenham had to play average players like Walker and Livermore

Tottenham had a game the next Thursday

Man U 8-2 Arsenal

Very average defence in front of Szychexvengishny

The penalty from Van Persie in the first half could have changed the game

Arsenal gave them far too much time on the ball. Villas Boas will not allow us to do this

Bolton 0-5 Man U

A few of the goals they scored were rebounds into an open goal after an initial save.

We won 0-4 there last season and nothing was made of that

Bolton gave up after 20 seconds

Benfica 1-1 Man U

Giggs goal gets them out of jail

Benfica (who are nothing special) were just as goo as them

Obviously I am not saying that their start is entirely down to luck but it has not been incredible. They have only played City in a friendly and when they played Spurs it was a team without any ideas and playing at a very slow tempo.

We won our first few games last season 6-0, 0-6, 2-0, 4-1, 4-0 or something similar and look what happened to us by November. United usually start slowly so it could be the opposite of that this season and they may struggle later on.

We have a far better defence than the other teams that Man U have played this season

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo Bosingwa is fast and is one of the best RB in the league going forward but leaves spaces when defending, on the other hand Iva has proved that he can rape Nani. It's gonna be a tough call for AVB but I think whether Bosingwa or Ivanovic will play depends on AVB's decision to play a high line in defense (hopefully not) since Bosingwa is much better at playing a high line.

Agreed, but if we play Sturidge as striker, I think bosingwa is our best option on the right wing, only thing is he could be very one dimensional were Anelka cuts in aswell, but Anelka isn't a big game player.

Right as we all think Man United are so great lets look at their first few games:

I agree, the Spurs game especially was a really flattering result imo.

Spurs with Kranjcar and Livermore in midfield held their own against United for 60 minutes, and all this while VDV was busy trying to catch De gea out with stupid long range shots :doh:

Their only win that i can call impressive is the 5-0 against Bolton, then again, we beat that same side 4-0 away in our "bad moment" lol.

I cant help but think Man Utd's performances are exaggerated.

Look at Blackburn, they put 4 past Arsenal and that too with Gervinho and some experienced players in the team. Atleast this team was much better compared to the reserve team that got hammered by 8 goals.

Bolton has 0 shots on target. compared that to 6 on target from Norwich. Norwich already leading by 2 goals at half time and should have had more. No wonder Man Utd scored 5.

Feeling much confident now..

We shouldn't be comparing ourselves to those mediocre clubs. United's performances against us have usually been excellent anyway, so it doesn't matter what defence they played against or if their performances were overrated. They know how to beat us.

Weird, I thought Chelsea was the only team in premier league history who has more wins against Man Utd than Man Utd has against them. Chelsea has the best Record for an Away team at OT. Man Utd vs Chelsea in Premier League: P38 W11 D14 L13

So the point is we know how to beat them more than they know how to beat us in the league.

I never compared us to the mediocre Arsenal and Bolton. I just merely stated that media and fans wetting their pants after Man Utd scored few goals against teams that have been miserable.

THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD AS YOU FEAR!!

Weird, I thought Chelsea was the only team in premier league history who has more wins against Man Utd than Man Utd has against them. Chelsea has the best Record for an Away team at OT. Man Utd vs Chelsea in Premier League: P38 W11 D14 L13

So the point is we know how to beat them more than they know how to beat us in the league.

I never compared us to the mediocre Arsenal and Bolton. I just merely stated that media and fans wetting their pants after Man Utd scored few goals against teams that have been miserable.

THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD AS YOU FEAR!!

We have had different managers in every few defeats draws or wins, when they have had the same manager, If u ask me ferguson knows more.