How can we beat Manchester United

Blauw

The way Manure have started this year reminds me of last year and I hope they f*ck up bigger than we did.

Right now they 'seem' to be invincible is because they quite honestly have too much pace up front, and in the wings - Black CR (Nani), Granny shagger, Dickarito and Young. The Arsenal game has really gotten their tails up thanks to Arsene playing Fergi's bitch as usual. But, IMO their defense is shite and can be put under pressure. How do we do that? By playing guys upfront who can muscle or run them down, and Torres doesnt make that list for now. Im for Sturridge, Mata and hell even Lukaka just to surprise them and make it a lil unpredictable for Sir Redface.

At the back, we need Cole and Bosingwa for the pace with JT and Luiz, who i think should play purely because he does well against them and will be raring to go.

Cech

Bosingwa-Luiz/Ivan-JT-Cole

Meriless-Mikel-Ramires

Sturridge-Lukaku/Drog-Mata

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knew that was coming! Who else did you expect to do better than us? United with all the injuries to their defenders last season? Liverpool, with Roy at their helm? City, who were understandably taking time to gel? Arsenal, lol! We got shredded to bits against all the teams from the top last season and the one before that (remember tottenham and city the season we won the double). There lie the ominous signs of what was to come...

As much as it hurts me to say this, come next Sunday we'll see whos right :)

By bribing the ref..apprantly thats how we've won all our games against them.....

I disagree with that, when we beat them 1-0 at home, yes it was not a free kick, when we beat them 2-1 at away, Macheda was also at fault with handball, when we beat them 2-1 at home that was a penalty for Zhirkov, people seem to think you have to severly injure them in the box for it to be a penalty, sorry but if it's a free kick it's a penalty.

This thread has "I'm shitting my pants" written all over it.

Just nullify the crosses from nani and young and we should be good.

I would be tempted to play Branislav on the right to nullify their wingers but that would send out a message before the start that we have come here to defend.

It is going to be about who attacks more and who pins the other back.

Remember Rafa against Scolari at Bridge? We destroyed almost all the teams with our fullbacks bombing forward but Rafa decided to take the attack to us and have riera and Kuyt attacking along the wings thereby pinning Cole and Bosingwa back.

Also another important thing is that Man UTD wouldn't play such an open game with us. If they do they would be destroyed.

The appropriate topic would be, how do you stop them from scoring? I feel a 0-0 draw would be an excellent result at Old Trafford, if we can guarantee a home win later.

Now, its unlikely AVB will set our team out to defend,. United, even as good as they are, can get frustrated if our midfield can press and move the ball as quickly as it did in the Sunderland game.

Our defence is good but it needs to be more consistent in order to prevent cheap goals. We could get punished by their forward line for our mistakes...

ATM the main advantage the two Manc teams have is that their CF's , Rooney and Aguero are in great form. Although Sturridge looks like scoring any time, I feel we need our CF, whether it be Drogba orTorres, needs to start scoring at least occasionally, even if it isn't for a 30-goal haul by the end of the season

So I feel our defence will need to have an A-game, and our midfield should harry them for possession as much as possible if we need to come away with any points

Really hope we don't play the high line we used at home against WBA and Norwich. We need to be defensively rigid because their attack is scary. Mata will be the key. He needs to have a superb game

Is that not going to be the key in every game we play this season? Speaks loads about our options upfront and its scary!

Playing against a very strong in form Man utd side at old-trafford with our current is hardly a happy time , there is only one man who can win us this match it's not mata or lamps or torres or drogba or terry or cech ... It's AVB !!

we can't beat Man-utd whether in terms of players quality or current form , our only hope is a tactical stroke by AVB .

He must close down spaces for man utd players pressuring them and making it as hard as we can for them, I would deploy a 5 man midfield of Mikel - Rami - Lamps - Miereles - Mata with torres infront of them , we should be extra cautios that we don't concede becuase it will be very hard to come back against them in old trafford and it will lead to us freeing more space for them to exploit .

I would say keep things tight , and wait for a torres - mata moment of brilliance .

Spot on mate. If anything, I am looking for the manager's tactics to rescue us. No single player, in current form, can churn out a favorable result for us.

And I guess the fullbacks should hold their position this time around. They cant be given the freedom to venture forward, that they are usually granted. If there is one thing that is actually scary about Man U, it is the pace with which they counter attack and the wingers in red will run a riot if our fullbacks are caught out of position. We should be looking to build our attack from the midfielders (good luck with that AV-B!).

Torres was rested for Sunday and i think by the looks of it he'll go with Mata and Malouda at old trafford mainly because of experience. We have good options and i am 100% sure we'll get at least a point there. We have the players in my honest opinion, i don't see many weak links in our team really and i think Man Utd's defence is struggling, just lucky they've played some poor teams lately. Mata, Sturridge, Malouda, Torres and Drogba can cause real trouble to their defence. Rio aint the same and Smalling & Jones are still young and aint been put under too much pressure yet. That Arsenal 8th team still scored 2 and missed a pen. I'd like to see Sturridge vs Smalling. I think Man Utd's back 4 will be Evra - Ferdinand - Jones - Smalling. GET AT IT!

Guest justin_3d

Torres was rested for Sunday and i think by the looks of it he'll go with Mata and Malouda at old trafford mainly because of experience. We have good options and i am 100% sure we'll get at least a point there. We have the players in my honest opinion, i don't see many weak links in our team really and i think Man Utd's defence is struggling, just lucky they've played some poor teams lately. Mata, Sturridge, Malouda, Torres and Drogba can cause real trouble to their defence. Rio aint the same and Smalling & Jones are still young and aint been put under too much pressure yet. That Arsenal 8th team still scored 2 and missed a pen. I'd like to see Sturridge vs Smalling. I think Man Utd's back 4 will be Evra - Ferdinand - Jones - Smalling. GET AT IT!

Yeah i think Mata and Malouda on the wings sounds a very descent run against United.

And this time it is Torres time to shine. He has to step up to the plate this time.

That being said, if Torres start this game, then i think he needs to get a couple of more mins against Leverkusen.

So a 3 of Malouda-Torres-Mata is good enough to take to old trafford.

For mid, i am not sure what will AVB will do. Will he play Meireles in the team? Will he play Mikel?

And same problem for defense. Will he play David Luiz? Alex or Ivan?

mate our team was different back then.

We had to overcome a Arsenal team that had Pires, Vieira and Henry all that their peak (argubally they are the best 3 prem players ever in their position) im sorry but if we can finish above them we can finish above anyone.

Also remember 2008 when United came to SB, we started like a steamtrain under Big Phil and United were stuttering, i remember pundits predicting comftable 3-0 win infact i was never so confident in beating United then i was that day and what happened? We drew 1-1 and were lucky to get that.

Surely pundits and co expecting us to get thrashed is a good thing right?

Man Utd's Supple Lines are their Wingers. All they do is cross the ball in. Defense pics the ball give it to cleverly who distributes it to either Young or Nani. Since Cleverly is injured it is going to be Carrick.

I hope Cole and Bosingwa have the games of the season so far. Also, Ramirez needs to break their Rythem in midfield.

I hope we start with Torres and have Drogba and Anelka on bench. I am not concerned about Sturridge and Mata they are quality and will do well. Meireles will distribute the ball from the base of the midfield.

My only concern is Lampard and our Central Defenders. Branislav and Terry need to make sure Hernandez and Rooney dont get on the end of their crosses.

Id start with this team:

-----------------Cech---------------------

Bos------------Iva--Terry--------------Cole

-----------------Meireles--------------------

------Ramirez------------Lampard-------

-Strudge--------Torres-----------Mata

Subs: Luiz, Ferriera, Malouda, McEchran, Drogba, Anelka, Hilario.

Man Utd's Supple Lines are their Wingers. All they do is cross the ball in. Defense pics the ball give it to cleverly who distributes it to either Young or Nani. Since Cleverly is injured it is going to be Carrick.

I hope Cole and Bosingwa have the games of the season so far. Also, Ramirez needs to break their Rythem in midfield.

I hope we start with Torres and have Drogba and Anelka on bench. I am not concerned about Sturridge and Mata they are quality and will do well. Meireles will distribute the ball from the base of the midfield.

My only concern is Lampard and our Central Defenders. Branislav and Terry need to make sure Hernandez and Rooney dont get on the end of their crosses.

Id start with this team:

-----------------Cech---------------------

Bos------------Iva--Terry--------------Cole

-----------------Meireles--------------------

------Ramirez------------Lampard-------

-Strudge--------Torres-----------Mata

Subs: Luiz, Ferriera, Malouda, McEchran, Drogba, Anelka, Hilario.

Not Torres please. We need our strongest (muscular) attacking options to play against United.