How can we beat Manchester United

Blauw

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow down mate! I guess i'm frustrated by the way manure has been winning shit! Its like their opposition defence goes off and start playn shit! It hurts man!

It's okay, we all get frustrated, and yes when we lose to United i will be different on my opinion and getting angry, i know i will, but i also know i will eventually calm down. Now look at the negatives and positives United have from that game, they are in winning form, and are expected to beat us easily next sunday, now Ferguson is a miracle worker, he is just very clever and knows what he has to do to win this game, now theres a chance they can come complacent and over confident, it's unlikely becaues of Ferguson, but there's a chance of it, United at the moment though don't seem to be falling a sleep. They can take advantage if we are playing bad, that's why we can't play bad full stop. I think we will get out played, but who knows, hopefully Ferguson doesn't know much about AVB, and AVB is unpredictable and comes with a sly win. I think we will get trashed if we just play the same team with the same chemistry what we have been doing so far this season. That's why i think a big gamble is what's best for us.

Lukaku would be brilliant to be honest with two good wingers at the sides, only thing is, it's harsh to throw a 18 year old with only 15 minutes of premier league experience in the Uniteds defence, and by him playing bad could actually ruin his career in my opinion, it would let him down and it wouldn't do him any good, but who knows maybe he's a strong lad and is driven and never gives up, i hope he is. But i like where your coming from, it would be a surprise yes, and a gamble is something we might just need to take.

Yes, maybe this whole notion would be a big gamble, but to be honest, the whole football is it! And just imagine, what would be happening if he score, he would be our Hernandez, maybe, maybe not, but we must to play gamble, to win something big thing. I never trust in any young, like in Lukaku! I know, maybe he don't score against the Man Utd, but I absolute sure, he would do EVERYTHING for the team!

It's okay, we all get frustrated, and yes when we lose to United i will be different on my opinion and getting angry, i know i will, but i also know i will eventually calm down. Now look at the negatives and positives United have from that game, they are in winning form, and are expected to beat us easily next sunday, now Ferguson is a miracle worker, he is just very clever and knows what he has to do to win this game, now theres a chance they can come complacent and over confident, it's unlikely becaues of Ferguson, but there's a chance of it, United at the moment though don't seem to be falling a sleep. They can take advantage if we are playing bad, that's why we can't play bad full stop. I think we will get out played, but who knows, hopefully Ferguson doesn't know much about AVB, and AVB is unpredictable and comes with a sly win. I think we will get trashed if we just play the same team with the same chemistry what we have been doing so far this season. That's why i think a big gamble is what's best for us.

I get your point mate, but i dont think bos could be the gamble! I think the gamble has to be a tactical one! AVB should be clever enough to know that our form can only get us a draw if we play well! (Unless we get a penalty)

I get your point mate, but i dont think bos could be the gamble! I think the gamble has to be a tactical one! AVB should be clever enough to know that our form can only get us a draw if we play well! (Unless we get a penalty)

I disagree, Bosingwa has all the qualities in my opinion to play as a right winger, and it's a gamble to put him there, mainly due to the fact he's a right back, but i'm not putting him there like he will play amazing, i'm putting him there because we don't have much of a choice, if Lukaku did play in the middile which is highly unlikely, he would be fantastic with good wingers, and if we put Sturridge there he will just cut in rather than cross, and i think Lukaku would be better with two wingers who are willing to cross the ball for him. But Lukaku i highly doubt will be playing at all, but it's a very risky gamble in my opinion, but he can't put a worse performance in than Torres put it that way.

Sturridge is the only one who i can think who is suitable to put down in the centre at the moment who actually has a chance of playing, where as lukaku wont play full stop. And if he's playing down the middle then who is going to play on the right?, yes Anelka but he's not sharp enough and is a huge risk, if he isn't playing well he will let the whole team down not just himself, and Anelka just doesn't have the confidence to do well against them in my opinion. And should i even mention Kalou?, no i shouldn't. So yes Bosingwa would be the best option there in my opinion, if we do play Sturridge there, but i don't think it will happen.

I can see Mata-Torres-Anelka as the starting forwards easily.

There are two things we absolutely shouldn't do:

Play a high defensive line

We don't have the right CBs for it and Man Utd are at their most dangerous on the break because of their pace and their ability to combine at high speed.

Start with Anelka

I don't think I've ever seen a bigger big game flop, every single time he doesn't manage to deliver.

----------------------Sturridge--------

Mata-----Lukaku---------------------

----------------------Meireles--Ramires

------------------Mikel--------------------

Cole-----Terry------Ivanovic--Bosingwa

-----------------Cech---------------------

Since United play quick and wide, we'll need our defense to sit back a little, and Mata and Ramires should play wide so our fullbacks won't have to go forward too often.

We should have Mikel play anchor man so he can keep a close eye on Young and/or Rooney. Up forward, I'd like to see Lukaku play deeper and support Sturridge, who'll use his pace to strip the defense. Shouldn't be worse than Torres without his confidence.

And at all times, shoot, shoot and shoot. That clown in goal, with the way he's been playing, should make at least a couple mistakes if we can just abuse him.

If we play like we did in the first 60 minutes of today then theres no reason why we cant grab some points. However Im worried about complacency within our defence. Hopefully Luiz has a good game on tuesday thus starting for united game.

Playing against a very strong in form Man utd side at old-trafford with our current is hardly a happy time , there is only one man who can win us this match it's not mata or lamps or torres or drogba or terry or cech ... It's AVB !!

we can't beat Man-utd whether in terms of players quality or current form , our only hope is a tactical stroke by AVB .

He must close down spaces for man utd players pressuring them and making it as hard as we can for them, I would deploy a 5 man midfield of Mikel - Rami - Lamps - Miereles - Mata with torres infront of them , we should be extra cautios that we don't concede becuase it will be very hard to come back against them in old trafford and it will lead to us freeing more space for them to exploit .

I would say keep things tight , and wait for a torres - mata moment of brilliance .

I can see a 3-1 defeat in all honesty and Im prepared for it. We are not going to win the title this season and its time people start being realistic...

I don't understand why you say we can't win the league. Is it because we are not scoring loads.

Mourinho's first 10 PL games at the club look like this:

1-0 win v Man Utd

1-0 win v Birmingham

2-0 win v Crystal Palace

2-1 win v Southampton

0-0 draw v Villa

0-0 draw v Spurs

1-0 win v Boro

1-0 win v Liverpool

0-1 defeat v Man City

4-0 win v Blackburn

And we won the league by 95 points that year.

So give AVB some time.

mate our team was different back then. Its got nothing to do with our attack but everthing to do with our defence and midfield(!) Our defence has been nothing short of shambolic since last October. Contrast this to the mourinho era when we had arguably the best centreback pairing there was on the planet: Terry and Carvalho. This was protected by Maka, need I say more about him. Midfield had the burstful youthful energy of lampard who promised those 20 goals every season and had the engine of essien behind him to dominate the centre. And what do we have now? Ramires, albeit pacy and skilful, has a very annoying habit of going missing midway through the match and can get brushed off easily unlike essien (of the past, not present!). Its the begining of the end for lampard who does nothing but slow our buildup instead of driving forward himself (!). Spraying the ball left or right keeps the passing ticking but he is no iniesta or xavi and never was! Our attack is arguably better than that of mourinho era but needs AVB to get Torres firing on all cylinders again which I honestly believe can happen again. Giving him 10 minutes with anelkalouda on the pitch actually does more harm than good!

mate our team was different back then. Its got nothing to do with our attack but everthing to do with our defence and midfield(!) Our defence has been nothing short of shambolic since last October. Contrast this to the mourinho era when we had arguably the best centreback pairing there was on the planet: Terry and Carvalho. This was protected by Maka, need I say more about him. Midfield had the burstful youthful energy of lampard who promised those 20 goals every season and had the engine of essien behind him to dominate the centre. And what do we have now? Ramires, albeit pacy and skilful, has a very annoying habit of going missing midway through the match and can get brushed off easily unlike essien (of the past, not present!). Its the begining of the end for lampard who does nothing but slow our buildup instead of driving forward himself (!). Spraying the ball left or right keeps the passing ticking but he is no iniesta or xavi and never was! Our attack is arguably better than that of mourinho era but needs AVB to get Torres firing on all cylinders again which I honestly believe can happen again. Giving him 10 minutes with anelkalouda on the pitch actually does more harm than good!

Is that why we had to best defence in the league last season?