How can we beat Manchester United

Blauw

They should be more worried about how to beat us........Remember Liverpool last season ?

They were in horrid form when we played them and they turned us over no problem. FFS.....even Torres scored.

Manure have scraped past West Brom, beat a poor Spurs, destroyed a woeful Arsenal and yesterdays result for them was a decent score, but that was a Bolton side that allowed them to play. This will be their toughest test to date in the league and we will not make it easy for them. They've been getting all the headlines while we plod along doing what's needed to win and in the process we're right up there.

The shoe was on the other foot last season when we were spanking everyone left right and centre..........it means nothing at the end of the day when you can't beat your rivals in head-to-heads. These are the games that matter.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre will be focusin on every aspect of United's game after Levekusen, given Bosingwa's shit record against top teams he cannot start, despite his good attacking form so far his defending still scares the living shit out of me and Young will rip him apart, i would feel more safer starting Ferreira.

I can see Andre making one shock selection to the team.

Yep, not too sure about Torres too atm - I remember in the UCL he got the nod over Drogba and when Drogba came on he scored, I know they scored minutes after and Torres hit the post but not sure if Utd in their impervious form will be a good place for Torres to start atm he could have a great game I mean I don't think I'd be angry or nervous if he started as I do still have faith. We haven't actually seen a full game with Mata and Torres yet (let alone Meireles too), wonder if we try it against Leverkuson .I know Lukaku won't get the nod but I definitely want to see him come on, especially if Drogba doesn't recover in time. Sturridge & Mata must start, I hope we don't fall for the 'inexperience' factor in a big game like this because Kalouda ahead of Sturridge won't get us anywhere. Without those two atm we do lack flair and are a different beast. Don't want too talk of Lampard not starting because theirs no chance, especially in a game like this but I guess I'm not going to complain because of that even though I am more than confident that Mceachran would do a better job even against Utd Wonder if Luiz could start, if he does Bosingwa will have to be dropped to the bench and Ivanovic would take his place - it's way too risky too have the both of them playing against Utd atm. And like Tomo I’d be scared shitless with Bosingwa’s defending, I mean Boswingwa and Luiz lol it could be genius or disaster.

United have looked good, but their opponents (including Arsenal) have been absolutely shocking. The defending has been poor, and we should definitely fare better. Hopefully we have learnt from our last encounter and try and abate the Rooney- Hernandez combination. Ivanovic normally gives Nani a good time, and both Young and Nani aren't going to have the luxury of facing poor fallbacks in Cole and Ivanovic. Meireles looked good against Sunderland, but weather it'd be Mikel or him I'm not sure - either way I think we're ok their. (Still wish we had Essien though :P)

Anyways we're well equipped, like mentioned its not fulham v Man Utd lol

­

We got shredded to bits against all the teams from the top last season and the one before that (remember tottenham and city the season we won the double). There lie the ominous signs of what was to come...

As much as it hurts me to say this, come next Sunday we'll see whos right :)

Agains't all the top teams? We've won matches against Utd, City, Spurs and Arsenal last season..and did the double over rest of the original top 4 before that...

Now this has nothing to do with the match coming up this weekend, as form counts for little in football, but do you have to spout portents of doom in all your posts?

Well, first and foremost it's going to be tough. United pose a number of threats from a number of areas of the pitch, we need to be aware and disciplined. We cannot allow for lapses in concentration as we have shown in a couple of matches this season. With the confidence and form that United have, a concentration lapse will certainly be punished and therefore we should drop the high defensive line for this game.

So, I would go with this line-up:

----------------------Cech-------------------

Ivanovic----Alex-----------Terry---A.Cole

-------------Ramires--Meireles------------

--------------------Lampard-----------------

Sturridge-------------------------------Mata

----------------------Drogba-----------------

First contentious issue is the choice of Right-Back. For me, there is no question as to who we should choose. It has to be Ivanovic. Against, United we definitely don't need to full-backs constantly bombing forward. With the likes of Nani and Young on the wings, we need to close them down as tight as possible, we need to stop the crosses coming in (One of United's main threats this season have come from crosses drilled to the six-yard box or back centrally in the area to the likes of Rooney or Cleverley). For me Bosingwa is better going forward than Ivanovic, but is not good enough at putting in tackles and remaining discliplined and sticking to his man. Ivanovic would play this role. He also tends to get in the heads of his opponents, and we need him to try and knock Nani and Young's confidence.

Second big issue is who to choose to partner Terry. This is a tricky one for me, but I went with Alex due to the fact he is an experienced head, determined to make the tackle who rarely makes major errors in defence- Everton and West Brom are the only games that stand out for me. Luiz poses a greater attacking threat and is going to be brilliant, but I feel he is too prone to making mistakes for this game. There are certain aspects he needs to shake out of his game before playing in games like this. I also chose Alex for his talent at set pieces, which I feel will be vital in this game.

Behind Lampard in Midfield, I have chosen Ramires and Meireles. I picked Ramires due to his effectiveness against United last year, he posed one of the only threats to United in the CL ties, and showed enough confidence to run past their CMs'. He is also pretty disciplined and will track back when required, although his tackling ability could pose a problem. Alongside Ramires is Meireles, I chose him as he could communicate well alongside Ramires and is good at spraying the passes around, we need to play at a faster pace and not give United the chance to organise themselves when we are in attack. In front of Ramires and Meireles is Lampard. His form hasn't been great recently, but he shows pride for his shirt, and will make the runs to support the CF. He is experienced and will not allow United's early season reputation to get to him.

On the wings we have Sturridge and Mata. Simply put they are pacy, are not afraid to take on a man. They are unpredictable yet calculated and will pose a threat to United. Both men will be in high spirits and ready to knock United off their perch.

Up front is Drogba. I feel we need his stregnth to take on Ferdinand, Smalling and Jones. He is composed and poses a threat from set pieces. I am concerned about his confidence levels and I would want him to try and abstain from making those ridiculous shots he occasionally takes. I'd want him to get in the area and shake the defenders off him and get the shot away. He also poses an aerial threat which could cause De Gea some problems when dealing with corners.

In terms of our general play, I believe we need to be robust, not lose shape and try and retain posession. We need to be focused, determined and disciplined. We need to get our passes away quickly and accurately, directly to our wingers. We cannot be afraid. It'll be tough but if we can keep our heads together we can do it. KTBFFH.

Its very unlikely United will batter us, even last season we went into the decider at Old Trafford were bad but still made them sweat till the end, infact apart from one 3-0 a piece and a 3-1 Chelea win and 2-0 United win the Chelsea V United matches since Roman brought the club have been draws or one goal wins either way.