Raul Meireles

chrismada9

People, those who are critising the signing of Meireles (I am one of them) aren't critising the player. They are critising the fact we do sign a Box-To-Box player while we were crying out for a playmaker. We have nothing against Raul Meireles.

I think Meireles is a creative player and actually fits the bill perfectly as to what AVB is looking for in our style of play, Meireles is suited to playing a quick, fluid passing game, he is an excellent passer of the ball and has an eye for a pass.

Honestly the way some people are describing him you'd swear we had just signed the lovechild of Vinnie Jones and Wilson Palacios and not the creative and technically talented Raul Meireles.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hope he provides in midfield .. not perhaps our first choice ,,,but now he is OURS ,,,so I hope everyone at least gives him a chance.

Proper Chelsea fan, zolayes, well played my mate! We might not have wanted him, but we should now support him.

I HATE HIM AND OUR BOARD TOO

Pathetic.

I HATE HIM AND OUR BOARD TOO

You're such a clown. It's done now so even if you don't like it you should just support it. Why don't you judge it at the end of the season? If he scores a hat trick in champions league final I don't think you'll hate him as much, and were you screaming about how much you hated the board when we signed Mata? MUG.

On one hand, im very disappointed, we enterd this day knowing Yossi is going to leave, and we thought Modric he's going to come.

Now Yossi is leaving, and we didnt signed Modric. So i thought that we are going for someone like Moutinho, but in the end we got

Meireles. I like this player alot, but im disappointed that we didnt have a better plan b or c if Modric isnt coming. On the other hand,

its better than nothing, and i think he can improve our midfield. If we had Yossi and Meireles, it would have been better. Im shocked

that Yossi left to Arsenal... a stupid mistake, hope we will realize we didnt need him.

A very confusing day...

Yeah, but for some reason AVB didn't want to play him. We now know that this is an AVB signing, so i think he will be playing a lot of matches this season.

Personally Id love to see him start, he gives us a different option in midfield, he offers creativity, and a more subtle method to our approach play which should blend in very well with the likes of Mata, Sturridge and Torres.

Well look, Meireles won't offer you long balls, but if he plays in Lampards position, i think this would be very good, he's good at getting forward and picking out nearby runs, also he's got a shot on him. He's useful, but lets look at the positives of this transfer.

I put a post on the 'deadline day' forum, people complaining he is just another B2B midfielder I think will be (hopefully) pleasantly proven wrong. He is not a B2B midfielder in the Ramires mould, he is a more creative and technical player but also has a good engine that allows him to get up and down the pitch. That engine is an asset in that he can be found more regularly in higher offensive positions which can only benefit the likes of Torres.

The other big plus was that he handed in a transfer request so late on to force the move through showing his desire to join us. Modric never showed the same desire for me, he never pushed it as far as he could to force a move, instead prefering to save face and reluctant to waive any loyalty bonuses. I would much rather someone join who wants to play for this club.

Good luck Raul, I think he will turn out to be a very good signing.