Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will give him a chance but i am not expecting him to improve our midfield put it that way. We have just signed another non creative midfielder, teams just have to sit back against us and we will not open them up unless Josh gets in which looks unlikely. We have no creative midfielders what so ever and that should of been the priority but we always do this, We still don't have a decent natural winger and we have needed that since Duff/Robben. We take years to sort out out problems and it sucks.

Completely useless player. What a terrible day. We offload a good creative midfielder that we direly need to one of our rivals and then sign a useless bench warmer from Liverpool for twice his value.

Have you ever watched Meireles play?? Quite clearly not, you absolute deluded twat....Just Saying.

I wont lie, Im pretty disgusted with the reaction of some on here. We bid 40 million for Luka Modric, what more do you want?

Im delighted we got Meireles, by the time it got to the 9 o clock mark I had resigned myself to the fact that we weren't going to sign anyone today, I had been hoping against hope that we would sign a creative midfielder, in an incredible twist of fate in the last half an hour we did. Im not sure what version of Raul Meireles some have been watching but the one I've regularly seen play for Liverpool and Portugal is a creative player who is technically very proficient, with excellent movement and as an added bonus is quite versatile. He is 27 which means he is just entering his peak years. Infact a recent example of his obvious quality was LLiverpool's victory over Arsenal, Liverpool were struggling to break Arsenal down, they brought on Meireles and Suarez and it was their link up play that played the decisive role in Liverpool's victory. I think he will link up brilliantly with Torres, Mata and Sturridge and most certainly adds an option to our midfield that we previously didn't have.

All in all Im excited that we signed him and for a fairly low cost too, the negativity on here at times baffles me.

Some of the Liverpool fans are furious, haha. It's always good to p*ss them off. If he plays like he played in the last couple of months least season then i think he is a good buy. Judging by the Liverpool fans reaction he was a big player for them, and hopefully he will be a good signing.

:blue scalf:

People, those who are critising the signing of Meireles (I am one of them) aren't critising the player. They are critising the fact we do sign a Box-To-Box player while we were crying out for a playmaker. We have nothing against Raul Meireles.

God dammit, cant people just stop crying like a baby. Although he not the creative talent that all fans want,but he does bring a different dimension to chelsea, watch some of his game at liverpool before making stupid comment. and believe me AVB know him and he know AVB,he will bring something that Mikel Arteta cant bring, stop comparing him over Arteta. It is unfair to him when he haven't even play a single game for us. THERE IS ALWAY A REASON BEHIND A TRANSCATION,

People, those who are critising the signing of Meireles (I am one of them) aren't critising the player. They are critising the fact we do sign a Box-To-Box player while we were crying out for a playmaker. We have nothing against Raul Meireles.

Exactly! Im not saying he is shit, but with him in our squad we will still struggle to break down defensive teams.

This.

I am somewhat hesitent to what kind of system AVB will look to play now - but - it is nice to see a new face into the club that won't be going out in the next 24 hours on loan. Would have been wonderful if De Bruyne could have been the player who could have been our creative speark, or even that Yossi was. I guess the reported claims that AVB wants to use Josh more is more correct then we could have thought :D

I used to like him as a player when he was playing for Porto but he is certainly not the player we needed.

Yossi would have been more useful than him,i really can't understand why we loaned him.

I'm guessing Yossi didn't want to play? Maybe he liked the number 10 more than he was letting on :P.