Deadline Day!

J.F.

Why? When was the last time Chelsea used 3 strikers? In a one striker system, you just need 2 strikers and a third player who could fill in in an emergency. That's it. Right now, we have 4 strikers and Schurrle.

Chelsea needed a third striker many times last season!

It is not only about having someone to start the game, you also need a good option on the bench for when things are not going well. It is actually quite obvious we need 3 strikers...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you need more than 2 strikers for one striker spot when you have Schurrle and even Hazard to fill in if needed?

Let's not go down this route again of "He can play there blah blah blah" We need players who are fit for a position we aren't Bristol Rovers, we need the maximum we can provide and putting people like Hazard or Schurrle into these positions weakens us elsewhere.

How is ensuring he gets the playtime he needs/deserves fucking him up?

And tbh, no player is bigger than the club.

Also your attitude discusts me. I would tell YOU to fuck off, spit at Jose?

Since you have no clue here, I would rather if you vanish & do not respond to me!

he is 20 for god's sake. do u expect kalas/ake to beat jagielka and distin? plus he goes to a team like everton where he will take some time adjusting to their style of play and all. WBA is a much better option.

Yes, he's 20 and scored 17 last year. Everton plays a lot like Chelsea. Jelavic and Kone are no Eto'o (even not an aging Eto'o).

Good move if true. Very good move.

France football writer Matt Spiro: "Paris St Germain have pulled the plug on midfielder Mathieu Bodmer's proposed move to Nice. Bodmer is certainly not the same kind of player as Juan Mata, but this may be a sign that the French club are not confident of getting the Chelsea man."

Why? When was the last time Chelsea used 3 strikers? In a one striker system, you just need 2 strikers and a third player who could fill in in an emergency. That's it. Right now, we have 4 strikers and Schurrle.

Yes but what I don't get is why Torres is staying while Lukaku, who had a brilliant season last year and was one of our best players in pre-season, is being shipped out? Poor man management from whoever is in charge if that happens.

Lukaku missed a penalty against Bayern, big fucking deal. Torres has been shit for three years, why does he get to stay ahead of RL?

see? I keep saying I'm not smart enough and people won't believe it.

I thought you implied I was drinking :lol:

I didn't get your joke. Or the theories. Or other jokes.

My 3yo don't tell me that stuff, my boyfriend is the most innocent and naïve person in the world. I'm too harmless and slow to make up those things - or even understand them.

but I seem to be a good cheerleader from what I gathered from this gate.

Now let's move on to the transfers before a new theory arises and I look clueless again (hint hint I am clueless)

You said alcohol damages brain cells. Ok....

Then I said I loved the period in time when teachers couldnt even eat ice cream in public because they werent allowed to expose themselves. In the 1920s-1930s, it was very common for governments and people to treat teachers as sacred beings, especially those who taught young children. If we lived at that time, you wouldnt even be able to walk with your shoulders visible, etc, etc, etc.

So I just made a joke that if we were living in that reality, you would be in jail right now! :lol:

Let's not go down this route again of "He can play there blah blah blah" We need players who are fit for a position we aren't Bristol Rovers, we need the maximum we can provide and putting people like Hazard or Schurrle into these positions weakens us elsewhere.

A 3rd striker is gonna play VERY little, so he's always gonna be of lesser quality than the other two. Having Schurrle fill in doesn't hurt our attacking midfield since we are overstocked there as it is.

I understand where you're coming from, but while a 3rd striker wouldn't be bad I don't think it's necessary if you look at our team sheet.

A 3rd striker is gonna play VERY little, so he's always gonna be of lesser quality than the other two. Having Schurrle fill in doesn't hurt our midfield since we are overstocked there as it is.

I understand where you're coming from, but while a 3rd striker wouldn't be bad I don't think it's necessary if you look at our team sheet.

What about potential injuries or suspensions, which do happen?

Yes, he's 20 and scored 17 last year. Everton plays a lot like Chelsea. Jelavic and Kone are no Eto'o (even not an aging Eto'o).

Good move if true. Very good move.

everton played like the old chelsea. right now, baines and peinaar and coleman are just crossing the ball into the box. on the other hand we stopped crossing the ball a year ago.

anyways, no one is comparing lukaku to etoo here (even the aging one).

That's what Ba is for.

that's his point actually...

We had only two strikers just last season and had to wait until January to sign Ba. I'm sure our memory isn't that short and we've learned the lesson. André is playing really well in the wing, but he was ineffective in the striker/false 9 position against ManUtd. Maybe it's because he hasn't adapted yet, but why gamble with a guy that does so well in another position instead of keeping another striker who's probably on low wages?

As I said, I think they put both Ba and Lukaku in the market and will agree to the best deal they get, and keep the other player