Sunderland 1-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

I'd give Mata a free role.

I think he will be given that to be honest, he's got some good passing, David Silva is good at working his magic everywere in the oppositions half at City, not saying Mata is the same but he's more than just a winger in my opinion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will be given that to be honest, he's got some good passing, David Silva is good at working his magic everywere in the oppositions half at City, not saying Mata is the same but he's more than just a winger in my opinion.

I'd give Mata a free role.

I'd agree.

However, that leaves Malouda to waste space/potential on the left wing. In that case, I'd rather have Mata there and watch Lampard at least try.

I'd agree.

However, that leaves Malouda to waste space/potential on the left wing. In that case, I'd rather have Mata there and watch Lampard at least try.

I think Anelka has been one of our best performers so far this season and it would make sense to use him as LWF while Mata occupies the free role. The frenchman would definitely be more productive and stretch the opponent defence than slo-mo

I'd agree.

Well on the team sheet he will be on the left wing, but as in free role, he will be roaming about all over the place, just like David Silva does, David Silva gets put on the wings and right mid and centre mid, but he doesn't stick there, he's all over the place, it would be interesting to test it out with Mata, he could be great linking up with Torres, and Danny offers pace, could be interesting, especially if Ramires and Meireles are behind him, two good athletes.

I think Anelka has been one of our best performers so far this season and it would make sense to use him as LWF while Mata occupies the free role. The frenchman would definitely be more productive and stretch the opponent defence than slo-mo

Personally I'd like to see Anelka up front. His off the ball movement was great in that game where he played CF in pre-season, very intelligent and incisve. We'd also have a very fluid front three with all players being able to comfortably move into several positions and they're all good on the ball.

Im tepted to play Anelka up top and change things if its not working out.

Personally I'd like to see Anelka up front. His off the ball movement was great in that game where he played CF in pre-season, very intelligent and incisve. We'd also have a very fluid front three with all players being able to comfortably move into several positions and they're all good on the ball.

Im tepted to play Anelka up top and change things if its not working out.

I agree. He is the most tactically astute striker we currently have. . . .that has always been my opinion of him and he seems to have addressed his laziness and unconcerned attitude he displayed throughout last season which was my biggest and only problem with him in the past.The key question now is, does AVB see what we see and does have the courage to drop under-performing and unproductive Torres for him. fingers crossed.

We do not have to play Malouda on the wing. We just have to let Mata on the left wing and play in the middle of the park the great young talented playmaker we have bought this summer.

:Goober:

We do not have to play Malouda on the wing. We just have to let Mata on the left wing and play in the middle of the park the great young talented playmaker we have bought this summer.

One day, we won't have to use a :Goober: to say that :(

:Goober:

But there is no really need to hurry him, I think we saw enough Cech's performances when he sees pink elephants so much he has taken painkillers. If Wickham or Bendtner are really considered seriously by Bruce to start the match, Cech's services would maybe be required... But if it's Gyan up front, no need Cech if there is Hilario who has been excellent on his line for the start of July.

Larsson and El Mohammady are really in poor form, they did not cross that much since the start of the season so there is no main aerial matter than with another team