Sunderland 1-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

As ive said in a previous post IMHO our main culprits for our slow game are Alex, Mikel, Lampard and Anelka, if Andre plays 2 of them maximum each game i reckon we will see a completely different ball game.

You forgot Slo Mo. But yeah i agree.

im hoping for this

-------------------------------Cech---------------------

Bosingwa--------Ferreira---------Terry--------Cole

-------------------------------Anelka---------------------

--------------------Mikel-----------------------------------

------------------------------------Lampard--------------

Kalou---------------------------------------------Malouda

--------------------------Kalou's twin brother------------

Anelka's perfect position :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gyan would be a serious problem for us, he ripped us apart at SB last season but his performance was overlooked by the media wankfest over Welbeck.

Him not playing would be a boost for us because he is a awesome player and a step above Bendtner.

How long will I have to wait before I see Mata and McEachran together in starting XI? I know McEachran isn't world class yet, but neither are Lampard ( right now), Mikel, Ramires. In my opinion, Josh is more creative and technically more gifted than Henderson, Cleverly even Wilshere, but unlike them, he is not getting enough chance in his club. I would also want to see Meireles as B2B and Oriol as DM. If Sturridge shines as a right winger, I will be amazed. And Luiz, I think we really miss him. These players can only improve our game and make football mutch better to watch. I don't even have to mention the benefits of dismissing Kalouda.

I don't want to be misunderstood. I stand behind what I've said, but I know these players will need time to play together.

Gyan would be a serious problem for us, he ripped us apart at SB last season but his performance was overlooked by the media wankfest over Welbeck.

Him not playing would be a boost for us because he is a awesome player and a step above Bendtner.

I do agree, I think this striker has everything, I find him absolutely complete and full of quality.

However, the only thing we can see this season is that he seems really out of form. We have to notice that he did start his season later last season, Bruce did really start to play him from the end of September, so maybe he needs more time to be fit. I refuse to think he was on over regime otherwise

But against Loserpool and especially against Swansea he did look heavy, slow and awful in his first touches (thing that was incredibly better last season), he did miss several clear opportunity and he was denied by the Swansea GK who is in really good vorm. It's good for us because he really seems to lack sharpness in his movements.

And if Bruce has not yet understand that he needs a target man (or a default clinical finsher) to allow a more direct style of play, or disposing of a player (Bent of course) who was able to score goals whatever the situation to gain 10 or 15 points more in a season ; Sunderland will struggle this season. It seems evident for me that the best period of Sunderland in this 3 games were these with Wickham on the pitch...

Anyway we don't have to fear them, they are knocked out by Brighton (who were on another dynamic) with a Premier League-like starting eleven. Mohammady is just average, Gardner has to adjust his play, Larsson is discret, Sessègnon plays on AC and does finish terribly bad every action. And of course Bendtner is really a sheep.

This is what will likely happen

. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. Mikel

. . . . . . . .. . . . Ramires. . . . . .. . Lampard

. . . . . . . . Anelka/Kalou. . . . Torres. . . Malouda

This is what I wish and would love to see

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Romeu

. . . . . . . . . . . Miereles. . . . . . . .. .Josh. . . . .

. . .. . . .. Sturidge. . . .Lukaku/Anelka.. . . Mata

Besides Modric isn't a behind the strikers type of player, he's a deep-lying playmaker and he and a Mata can coexist in the same side.

He isn't really a deep lying playmaker, Harry put him there last season in order to accommodate Van der Vaart. In his earlier seasons at Spurs you'd often see him playing just beyond the opposition's midfield line, but not exactly 'in the hole' if you know what I mean. He'd have someone like a Huddlestone/Jenas/Palacios holding behind him when Harry played 4-4-2. But last season he switched to 4-4-1-1 to fit VDV into the side so Modric was pushed back.

But you're right about there being room for both Modric and Mata in the same side. Mata is always mobile and moving into the channels as well as the centre while Modric stays central primarily (can play wide if asked to) so their roles can co-exist.

agreed

Im gonna get crazy if we play with this formation again :doh: and i agree with your formation, i hope to see something like that too.

He isn't really a deep lying playmaker, Harry put him there last season in order to accommodate Van der Vaart. In his earlier seasons at Spurs you'd often see him playing just beyond the opposition's midfield line, but not exactly 'in the hole' if you know what I mean. He'd have someone like a Huddlestone/Jenas/Palacios holding behind him when Harry played 4-4-2. But last season he switched to 4-4-1-1 to fit VDV into the side so Modric was pushed back.

But you're right about there being room for both Modric and Mata in the same side. Mata is always mobile and moving into the channels as well as the centre while Modric stays central primarily (can play wide if asked to) so their roles can co-exist.

For me Modric is not decisive enough in the last tier in terms of goals and assist even if his pass are sharp, incisive and he does not miss a lot. I like his way to fluidize the play with his passing, his vertical passes are very good and he is far better when he has the game in front of him. He is not that good in a support role higher on the pitch, that's why he did struggle when he arrived.

So I agree, Mata and Modric can play in the same team

It's risky though, playing three midfielders who have never played with each other, in a away game against a tough side as well.

And I have a question for those who say Romeu should start, what is that based on? He has played just one league game at the highest level in his career so I'm interested. Or is it just for the sake of starting a new player?

And I have a question for those who say Romeu should start, what is that based on? He has played just one league game at the highest level in his career so I'm interested. Or is it just for the sake of starting a new player?

That's what I said in Romeu's topic:

I'm looking forward to see him play in front of the defence, Mikel is not the best there anymore now because it seems like if he was given new instructions by Villas Boas, to go forward more often, not stopping his runs when he arrives in front of the wall middle of the pitch line and making himself available higher on the pitch.

Because of Lampard's new role which appears to be below on the pitch (because Mikel is not always behind him and between the 2 CBs) and Mikel's new intructions, our midfield is called into question and lacks of stability (it's normal when you try different roles for the players) so I really think that Romeu can be a more than credible solution in that midfield to bring a kind of stability

It's risky though, playing three midfielders who have never played with each other, in a away game against a tough side as well.

Yes but Mikel, Lampard and Ramires have been playing together for a while yet they still show poor cohesion and incisiveness week in week out. It wouldn't hurt to deviate from a norm that, quite frankly, has been unimpressive. We have been advocating for a change in our slow and predictable style of play and I believe Miereles and Josh are better suited to the pass and move style of football.. . . Lampard and Mikel are too slow and seem to lack the flexibility to adapt to a new style of play while Ramires's passing ability falls below the required standard.

I'm not particularly bothered about Romeu starting the Sunderland game tbh, just thought we should give him some playing time

Yes but Mikel, Lampard and Ramires have been playing together for a while yet they still show poor cohesion and incisiveness week in week out. It wouldn't hurt to deviate from a norm that, quite frankly, has been unimpressive. We have been advocating for a change in our slow and predictable style of play and I believe Miereles and Josh are better suited to the pass and move style of football.. . . Lampard and Mikel are too slow and seem to lack the flexibility to adapt to a new style of play while Ramires's passing ability falls below the required standard.

Yeah the Mikel-Ramires-Lampard midfield is terrible (European top standard) but I just wanted to point out that the lack of a good understanding in that midfield three (with the rest of the team as well) might end up backfiring us.

And I think Mikel's game would speed up if he had players in front of him who actually move.