Sunderland 1-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Yes but Mikel, Lampard and Ramires have been playing together for a while yet they still show poor cohesion and incisiveness week in week out. It wouldn't hurt to deviate from a norm that, quite frankly, has been unimpressive. We have been advocating for a change in our slow and predictable style of play and I believe Miereles and Josh are better suited to the pass and move style of football.. . . Lampard and Mikel are too slow and seem to lack the flexibility to adapt to a new style of play while Ramires's passing ability falls below the required standard.

I'm not particularly bothered about Romeu starting the Sunderland game tbh, just thought we should give him some playing time

Well, I dont think Josh will be ready for the Sunderland game. He just pulled out of the under 21 with a hamstring injury. Otherwise that line up is good. Brings more dynamism to the midfield. Who can replace Josh though?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the Mikel-Ramires-Lampard midfield is terrible (European top standard) but I just wanted to point out that the lack of a good understanding in that midfield three (with the rest of the team as well) might end up backfiring us.

And I think Mikel's game would speed up if he had players in front of him who actually move.

I might back fire and it might not. we will have to wait and see

something just tells me the Miereles-Josh combination can't be as bad or any worse than Lampard-Ramires combo so far this season.

Well, I dont think Josh will be ready for the Sunderland game. He just pulled out of the under 21 with a hamstring injury. Otherwise that line up is good. Brings more dynamism to the midfield. Who can replace Josh though?

I hope his injury is not too serious.

That's what happens when you send your most creative senior MF out on loan and also miss out on realistic and relatively less expensive alternatives like Pjanic,Jovetic,Borja valero et al

Instead we spent the whole summer chasing a lost cause (Modric) and another player that doesn't address our most pressing need (Perreira). Needless to say, we lost out on both target eventually.

How can anyone wish for Romeu to start?? Haven't even seen the lad play 10 minutes in the PL yet. But I would love to shake things up and drop Lampard; see what difference it makes and hopefully bring him out of his coma.

I'm a bit afraid that Mata and Sturridge won't start because AVB may think that it's a big risk to play them together since they never played before, and Sturridge is everything but a experienced Chelsea player. Still, it would be really great to see them on the wings together.

I'm a bit afraid that Mata and Sturridge won't start because AVB may think that it's a big risk to play them together since they never played before, and Sturridge is everything but a experienced Chelsea player. Still, it would be really great to see them on the wings together.

If so i think that's rather stupid, if we need to find out what's best for us this season, then we need to test now.

I hope we try playing a 3 man offensive midfield, such as Ramires, Meireles & McEachran/Lampard, just to try out, scrap out the DM for a match see how it goes.

I'd go with:

050911131528.png

OR

050911131700.png

The second one looks like a very speedy game, and should work to be honest, it looks much better than Ramires with Lampard, only thing is we havent seen Meireles play yet so i can't judge how he will be at Chelsea. Though the 2nd one looks interesting, Mata will be the main man on it surely, i think he will be pulling the strings if that was our line up.

The second one looks like a very speedy game, and should work to be honest, it looks much better than Ramires with Lampard, only thing is we havent seen Meireles play yet so i can't judge how he will be at Chelsea. Though the 2nd one looks interesting, Mata will be the main man on it surely, i think he will be pulling the strings if that was our line up.

I'd give Mata a free role.

It's a big risk, bordering on stupidity, to play Kalou/Drogba, Torres, Malouda front 3 in the next match. given the recent evidence and the fact that Mata and Sturridge are infinitely better and more effective/productive than kalouda and Drogba-Torres combination.