Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Sunderland 1-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.
Followers 0

I'm a bit afraid that Mata and Sturridge won't start because AVB may think that it's a big risk to play them together since they never played before, and Sturridge is everything but a experienced Chelsea player. Still, it would be really great to see them on the wings together.

If so i think that's rather stupid, if we need to find out what's best for us this season, then we need to test now.

I hope we try playing a 3 man offensive midfield, such as Ramires, Meireles & McEachran/Lampard, just to try out, scrap out the DM for a match see how it goes.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with:

050911131528.png

OR

050911131700.png

The second one looks like a very speedy game, and should work to be honest, it looks much better than Ramires with Lampard, only thing is we havent seen Meireles play yet so i can't judge how he will be at Chelsea. Though the 2nd one looks interesting, Mata will be the main man on it surely, i think he will be pulling the strings if that was our line up.

The second one looks like a very speedy game, and should work to be honest, it looks much better than Ramires with Lampard, only thing is we havent seen Meireles play yet so i can't judge how he will be at Chelsea. Though the 2nd one looks interesting, Mata will be the main man on it surely, i think he will be pulling the strings if that was our line up.

I'd give Mata a free role.

I'm a bit afraid that Mata and Sturridge won't start because AVB may think that it's a big risk to play them together since they never played before, and Sturridge is everything but a experienced Chelsea player. Still, it would be really great to see them on the wings together.

It's a big risk, bordering on stupidity, to play Kalou/Drogba, Torres, Malouda front 3 in the next match. given the recent evidence and the fact that Mata and Sturridge are infinitely better and more effective/productive than kalouda and Drogba-Torres combination.

I think he will be given that to be honest, he's got some good passing, David Silva is good at working his magic everywere in the oppositions half at City, not saying Mata is the same but he's more than just a winger in my opinion.

I think he will be given that to be honest, he's got some good passing, David Silva is good at working his magic everywere in the oppositions half at City, not saying Mata is the same but he's more than just a winger in my opinion.

I'd agree.

However, that leaves Malouda to waste space/potential on the left wing. In that case, I'd rather have Mata there and watch Lampard at least try.

I'd agree.

However, that leaves Malouda to waste space/potential on the left wing. In that case, I'd rather have Mata there and watch Lampard at least try.

I think Anelka has been one of our best performers so far this season and it would make sense to use him as LWF while Mata occupies the free role. The frenchman would definitely be more productive and stretch the opponent defence than slo-mo

I'd agree.

Well on the team sheet he will be on the left wing, but as in free role, he will be roaming about all over the place, just like David Silva does, David Silva gets put on the wings and right mid and centre mid, but he doesn't stick there, he's all over the place, it would be interesting to test it out with Mata, he could be great linking up with Torres, and Danny offers pace, could be interesting, especially if Ramires and Meireles are behind him, two good athletes.

I think Anelka has been one of our best performers so far this season and it would make sense to use him as LWF while Mata occupies the free role. The frenchman would definitely be more productive and stretch the opponent defence than slo-mo

Personally I'd like to see Anelka up front. His off the ball movement was great in that game where he played CF in pre-season, very intelligent and incisve. We'd also have a very fluid front three with all players being able to comfortably move into several positions and they're all good on the ball.

Im tepted to play Anelka up top and change things if its not working out.

Personally I'd like to see Anelka up front. His off the ball movement was great in that game where he played CF in pre-season, very intelligent and incisve. We'd also have a very fluid front three with all players being able to comfortably move into several positions and they're all good on the ball.

Im tepted to play Anelka up top and change things if its not working out.

I agree. He is the most tactically astute striker we currently have. . . .that has always been my opinion of him and he seems to have addressed his laziness and unconcerned attitude he displayed throughout last season which was my biggest and only problem with him in the past.The key question now is, does AVB see what we see and does have the courage to drop under-performing and unproductive Torres for him. fingers crossed.

To be honest i think we will do well this next match, if we don't, then thats very worrying, the fact we still havent sorted outselves out and we have United next game.

We do not have to play Malouda on the wing. We just have to let Mata on the left wing and play in the middle of the park the great young talented playmaker we have bought this summer.

:Goober:

We do not have to play Malouda on the wing. We just have to let Mata on the left wing and play in the middle of the park the great young talented playmaker we have bought this summer.

One day, we won't have to use a :Goober: to say that :(

:Goober: