Lukaku Debut

22mek22

Yup agree with most of the comments

-intelligent beyond his young years, powerful, and can only get better. Made me laugh how he was still gesticulating for the ball when Mata had slid it in :giggle:

:lol:

I said exactly the same thing mate haha. Even when the ball has crossed the line, he was so upset that he didn't get the ball passed to him.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is wrong with hyping up (or being excited about) a very talented 20M 18 y/o striker who just had a decent debut for us? If he fails, I'll complain then. Hell, I'll probably forget that I said good things about him just like I forgot about Kakuta's amazing debut.

Not the player, more the (potential) impact..

He went from having the greatest debut of any young player under the Roman era. Winning the Euro under-19 tournament Golden Player for outstanding performances, to being snubbed by Carlo in favour of Kalou. Or ‘King Kalou’ as people refer to him on here.

Kakuta started couple of Champions League games on the right wing and wasnt anything special. He started games against Villa away and wasnt special. Carlo is not to blame. Kakuta like million other football players or sportsmen across the world suffered a loss of form and was eventually benched as performances werent up to mark. Add to that injuries he suffered. last season.

Yeah and I was happy with Kakuta, and where is he at now?

I was happy with Borini, and where is he at now?

I was happy with Stoch and where is he at now?

Lukaku did nothing special that some of our youth have done when they came on.

I shouldn't reply to this because i think this is just going to go on and on and on... but just to let you know, people are different, like Terminator X said, Carlo killed Kakuta by not giving him a chance, also with Borini, Borini never got a chance, i also liked Stoch but he never got a chance in premier league football either... but don't judge Lukaku on these people, only one of them on there was a striker, and Lukaku has proved himself much more than Borini in my opinion. And i think Lukaku is a better player than Borini, this is football, anything happens, everythings a gamble, just don't be so miserable... haha miserable this is coming from me... the most negative person on this forum... now Justin that's saying something lad.

Guest justin_3d

I shouldn't reply to this because i think this is just going to go on and on and on... but just to let you know, people are different, like Terminator X said, Carlo killed Kakuta by not giving him a chance, also with Borini, Borini never got a chance, i also liked Stoch but he never got a chance in premier league football either... but don't judge Lukaku on these people, only one of them on there was a striker, and Lukaku has proved himself much more than Borini in my opinion. And i think Lukaku is a better player than Borini, this is football, anything happens, everythings a gamble, just don't be so miserable... haha miserable this is coming from me... the most negative person on this forum... now Justin that's saying something lad.

Ah not going to reply no more neither, as you said it will go on and on.

I will just simple quote what this guy said:

The difference is Lukaku will definitively get a lot of chances in the nest 3 season's purely because he is a big money signing.

Ah not going to reply no more neither, as you said it will go on and on.

I will just simple quote what this guy said:

Okay i respect your decision, and if that's what you think then fair enough, it's your opinion.

Torres will never play again like he was before 2-3 years, that's reality, and we must know that.

He wont, but i still think he can be usefull, Torres still hasn't scored a goal in the premier league where he was assisted from a long ball or a cross, that's how poor the midfield has been. If we can assist him, which means buying a creative midfielder then i think we can still get a lot out of him, but i do agree, we wont get the torres he once was out of him. It was Abramovich's own decision, and he will regret it, but we have to make the most out of him.

Torres will never play again like he was before 2-3 years, that's reality, and we must know that.

This. But he still scored 9 goals in the first half of last season alone with Liverpool.

So i still believe if he can score, if proper service is provided.

As long as mata or benayoun is on the pitch to service him, i think he will score.

basicaly if theres drogba/anelka/malouda <<< these 3 will demand for a equal chance with torres to score. in liverpool, torres was the sole striker who has the ability to shoot and finish.

Lukaku seemed quite good. His positioning and off the ball runs were just awesome (pity that anelka dint put him through on one of his runs). But what was a little concerning was when lukaku did get the ball. He seemed a little unsure of what to do with it which really slowed him down. But he's just 18, probably needs a little time.

PS : When lukaku first came in and touched the ball, it was as if a young drogba was playing again. He seems like a drogba clone.

Does anyone else agree that Lukaku did more in 19 mins than Torres has done in 21 games?

I think that's harsh considering Torres has probably had like 3 good games for us in his 20 odd. Lukaku was ok yesterday, looked promising.