Booooooing

i have huge respect for people who will tell others in their own section of support to stop with certain types of abuse . Whilst it seems many people are willing to jump in if somebody comments on race or other religions ( obviously correctly ) they then proceed to quite casually join in with the chanting of Yido or at least dont take the same stand as they do on racism . Every other form of discrimination is gone other than this one it truly amazes me .

I'm not English so I'm not 100% culturally attuned to the nuances of the race issues in England but I am amazed how casually that term is thrown around here on this board. Like I said, I'm not English so maybe I'm missing something...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not English so I'm not 100% culturally attuned to the nuances of the race issues in England but I am amazed how casually that term is thrown around here on this board. Like I said, I'm not English so maybe I'm missing something...

your not missing anything my friend its just a put down word for jews . there is very little tension between the jewish community and anybody else in the U.K . in my opinion less than any other ethnic or religious minority . really puzzles me .

People have a right to boo...but the situation has to call for it...

If we're 2 goals down and don't look like scoring, its understandable

You don't boo a team when its a goal down, and fighting to get a result.

Only one shot on goal in the first half. Coming from a long range shot by a defender (Cole) doesn't exactly qualify as "fighting back" does it. Our first half performance that inspired the boooing was abysmally poor and painful to watch. The supporters definitely deserve better especially on the opening home game of the season.

I think to name and shame people that boo is ridiculous and is bound to cause tension. I do not agree with booing as I think while there are players on the pitch wearing a Chelsea shirt you should support them no matter what. The phrase i've heard many a time in response to the boo boys is 'Where were you when we were shit? I do think we have to get out of this mode where we expect Chelsea to be successful all of the time. You only have to look back pre-1997 and the fact the last time we'd won any silverware was 1971. I wonder if the boo boys were out in force during the intervening years, I think probably not as people got used to the fact that we hadn't won any silver ware for such a long time, but the fans carried on supporting the team no matter what.

Thank you. So I'm still a little confused as I have seen the term used here. Is it acceptable? If not, do you delete those posts?

I think Bluelion or any of the other staff members would be able to answer that best. Don't think calling Spurs 'yids' sparingly would get much reprimand though.

I wouldn't boo if my team was 10 goals down. I would boo if they clearly give up and roll over.

If they're just crap that day, withering silence is what they would deserve but I wouldn't boo.

I personally Don't like booing either...but people can express themselves if they want to..if they have the right to make noise when cheering, they can boo as well...

Only one shot on goal in the first half. Coming from a long range shot by a defender (Cole) doesn't exactly qualify as "fighting back" does it. Our first half performance that inspired the boooing was abysmally poor and painful to watch. The supporters definitely deserve better especially on the opening home game of the season.

I wasn't referring to our last game in particular...just speaking generally..

Also...if the players are to be believed, it was the manager's teamtalk that turned that game around.

Guest justin_3d

Love how everyone is knocking the fellow for naming people that boo the Blues. Are these people manure or le arse fans in disguise??? I get his point. At one time Chelsea fans would never act like this. Chelsea fans woud never boo Chelsea players or burn a shirt of the club. Now??? Not so sure. From my point of view, fans are very spoiled & want immediate success. God forbid if Chelsea ever finish 5th now.

And it just shows the hypocrisy of some fans.

They hate other fans from other teams cause they act like this, and now they are acting like that....