Booooooing

Posted on Twitter

Chelsea fans: if you see a fellow 'fan' booing or failing to support the team, get their seat number, photo and OUT them #nameandshame

Mobile Web • 24/08/2011 12:24

Retweeted by jlr1988

Though I would never boo, not sure this is the right way to go about it... thoughts ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted on Twitter

Chelsea fans: if you see a fellow 'fan' booing or failing to support the team, get their seat number, photo and OUT them #nameandshame

Mobile Web • 24/08/2011 12:24

Retweeted by jlr1988

Though I would never boo, not sure this is the right way to go about it... thoughts ?

very stupid idea it would only create much more tension .

very stupid idea it would only create much more tension .

Seen it kick off several times between booers and non booers.

Theres definitely a sizeable majority that want something done about it -not sure it happens at Anfield or Theatre of Shit but it is a regular feature at Arsenal apparently.....maybe its fickle southerners :whistling: or Sky has bred a new batch of consumers rather than ''get behind the team'' fans

Love how everyone is knocking the fellow for naming people that boo the Blues. Are these people manure or le arse fans in disguise??? I get his point. At one time Chelsea fans would never act like this. Chelsea fans woud never boo Chelsea players or burn a shirt of the club. Now??? Not so sure. From my point of view, fans are very spoiled & want immediate success. God forbid if Chelsea ever finish 5th now.

Ridiculous idea, and I'm certainly not pro-booing. If fans pay £50 quid and see us losing to West Brom at home, they're quite entitled to boo.

I think people have the right to boo, yes, it isn't helpful for the team, but what's the difference between booing and calling a player "a fucking useless w*g" or berating the team by calling them "fucking useless cunts?" There's hardly a difference at all, so people who don't like it when other fans boo can bore off as far as I'm concerned, everyone has the right to be disappointed with what they see. If you go to a concert and pay £80 for a ticket, and then the artist can't be arsed and is just murmuring or can't be bothered playing their instrument, you'd be fucking furious, so why get all high and mighty when people boo?

However I do find it funny when people say 'I'll never boo' but then slag off players and call them abusive names during the match :lol: One classic example was during the Burnley Carling Cup match in 2008, some guy near me in the West Stand started hurling racist abuse at Drogba but then said he thoroughly supports every player in the squad when I told him to shut up :lol:

My point is this - if people want to boo, that's their decision. I know I wouldn't be fucking celebrating if I was watching us get thumped 3-0 at home by Sunderland for instance. Yes it is commendable to be supportive even through the thick and the very thick, but ultimately we are high achievers and when we perform below par, I believe people have the right to moan, gripe and boo, especially with the cost of tickets. I don't necessarily condone it, but I can accept why people do it.

However I do find it funny when people say 'I'll never boo' but then slag off players and call them abusive names during the match :lol: One classic example was during the Burnley Carling Cup match in 2008, some guy near me in the West Stand started hurling racist abuse at Drogba but then said he thoroughly supports every player in the squad when I told him to shut up :lol:

Hahaha had some during the ole days when Shaun was still there...in the West Stand as well not so all lalala de dah wheres my hat and cup and tea.Anyway having a right go at him 'why do you fuck off to city useless yada yada yada' then soon as he scored for the rest of the game it was 'ooo Shaun you are amazing' some crap along those lines kinda eh fickle lol

I think people have the right to boo, yes, it isn't helpful for the team, but what's the difference between booing and calling a player "a fucking useless w*g"

Bit of a difference there. For the latter you can get a lifetime ban....

For me Chelsea have always been the lifeblood -and singling out players for abuse is different to a collective moronic half time booo that is a blanket assessment of the team, ignoring players that have done well and undermining them.

Cost has little to do with it in my book - and with the concert analogy -people should only see bands with great reviews if they're worried about value for money...but maybe thats the calibre of some of the fans now

tbh booing it bad but if the teams playing shit i think the fans can do what they want they pay £60+ quid to go to the game

People have a right to boo...but the situation has to call for it...

If we're 2 goals down and don't look like scoring, its understandable

You don't boo a team when its a goal down, and fighting to get a result.

i have huge respect for people who will tell others in their own section of support to stop with certain types of abuse . Whilst it seems many people are willing to jump in if somebody comments on race or other religions ( obviously correctly ) they then proceed to quite casually join in with the chanting of Yido or at least dont take the same stand as they do on racism . Every other form of discrimination is gone other than this one it truly amazes me .

I go to NBA games, albeit only in Los Angeles so I can't speak for any other city but I never hear any racist or homophobic stuff. There's stupid behavior but nothing vile. Don't know if it's just the section I usually sit in or what. I would hope if I ever heard anything vile shouted, I would stand up and...report it to an usher.

I must be a soft flower because I don't understand why people pay good money to go and shout things they would never do so in polite company. A bit of banter, okay. Giving opposing teams a hard team, expected. But why get into race and ethnicity? Of course, I'll mutter something if my favorite player messes up, but it certainly wouldn't be about his skin color nor would I boo.

Booing is only reserved for truly disgraceful behavior, ie, punching the ref, ignoring the coach's instructions, etc.

People have a right to boo...but the situation has to call for it...

If we're 2 goals down and don't look like scoring, its understandable

You don't boo a team when its a goal down, and fighting to get a result.

I wouldn't boo if my team was 10 goals down. I would boo if they clearly give up and roll over.

If they're just crap that day, withering silence is what they would deserve but I wouldn't boo.