The crowded bench of AVB

I dont think so, the last I heard that he will be signed and loaned to Genk this season and Atl. Madrid next season.

First things first, we need to get his signature, I don't think anything has been agreed with Genk and Atletico yet... My dream would be to have wings consisting of Mata, Hazard, De Bruyne, Kakuta and Sturridge... they are all incredibly versatile players, for example all of the first four can play in the hole and Sturridge can play as a striker. No defence in the world would have recipe to counter that kind of talent and versatility. Although I don't think we're gonna get Hazard, maybe he's not needed if Sturridge and Kakuta come good.

First things first, we need to get his signature, I don't think anything has been agreed with Genk and Atletico yet... My dream would be to have wings consisting of Mata, Hazard, De Bruyne, Kakuta and Sturridge... they are all incredibly versatile players, for example all of the first four can play in the hole and Sturridge can play as a striker. No defence in the world would have recipe to counter that kind of talent and versatility. Although I don't think we're gonna get Hazard, maybe he's not needed if Sturridge and Kakuta come good.

That would be good if we are playing 4-2-3-1 with Mata and Kakuta to play the no. 10 while Sturridge, De Bruyne and Hazard are on the wings. But with 4-3-3 having 5 wingers for two slots is just waste. Plus Kakuta is not a winger.

That would be good if we are playing 4-2-3-1 with Mata and Kakuta to play the no. 10 while Sturridge, De Bruyne and Hazard are on the wings. But with 4-3-3 having 5 wingers for two slots is just waste. Plus Kakuta is not a winger.

Yeah, 4-2-3-1 is a variation of 4-3-3, something similar that City play. I can see it work with Modric and Mikel being deeper and De Bruyne/Mata/Kakuta ahead of them.

Guest justin_3d

Looking at our current line up...

1 Petr Cech

2 Branislav Ivanovic

3 Ashley Cole

4 David Luiz

5 Michael Essien

6 Oriol Romeu

7 Ramires

8 Frank Lampard

9 Fernando Torres

10 Yossi Benayoun

11 Didier Drogba

12 Mikel

15 Florent Malouda

17 Jose Bosingwa

18 Romelu Lukaku

19 Paulo Ferreira

20 Josh McEachran

21 Salomon Kalou

22 Ross Turnbull

23 Daniel Sturridge

26 John Terry

33 Alex

34 Ryan Bertrand

38 Patrick van Aanholt

39 Nicolas Anelka

40 Henrique Hilario

44 Gael Kakuta

00 Mata

I still find it hard to figure out who should get the boot. Kalou is the only player I'm 100% sure could go. Both Malouda and Anelka can be frustrating to watch at times, but then they pull some goals out of the bag as on Saturday and save our skins. Frank is looking worse for wear these days (another apology to justin_3d for my run ins with him on the subject) and Drogba hasn't done a great deal the last few games either. Obviously the latter wont, and shouldn't in my opinion, get kicked out. But are they happy to spend time on the bench? If not, how does that effect the team and the dynamic? Does that lead to falling outs and the manager being undermined?

In my mind the squad is too big, and we do need to lose a few bodies. But there are others who I'd much rather see recapture their form so we could have a good strong squad going forward.

:goodpost:

If AVB does the smart thing of only playing Lampard on important games, and other games as a super sub, we would never be talking as to how bad Lampard has been these past few months.

Lampard and Drogba are no longer starting eleven material. They should know that.

Now if we get Modric that should put Lampard as a super sub. And one hell of a super sub we will have with Lampard, Drogba and Malouda!!!

Sell or let go for free Kalou, Anelka, Paulo and Alex.

I cover the topic of Alex many times, and will not repeat myself.

And as far as loan for our younger guys, do it during the mid season. Cause the younger players can play the Carling, FA and certain matches of the CL group stages.

Second half of the season is the best time to send them out, cause it will be hard for them to get much more time with our squad due to getting more competitive all fronts.

You realize our bench wont look like this. We need at least one defender and one gk, and there are too much strikers in this bench.

Some of this players will leave or wont even sit in the bench. Kakuta will go on loan, and perhaps Kalou or Malouda will find another place.

You realize our bench wont look like this. We need at least one defender and one gk, and there are too much strikers in this bench.

Some of this players will leave or wont even sit in the bench. Kakuta will go on loan, and perhaps Kalou or Malouda will find another place.

I agree, This will be the ideal situation.

What kind of message will that send to him... Be one of the best players in pre-season, sign a new long-term contract, get a new much lower number for new season, and still get loaned out... that won't make much sense.

I don't want him to go on loan! He deserves to start ahead of Lampard. But can you see AVB doing that? Instead of just getting a few minutes here and there, would be good for him to go to Bolton or something where he can play week-in-week-out and come back next season with a lot more development and he can finally get to play once the people at the club realize that Lamps is past it

Team: Cech; Bosingwa; Luiz; Terry; Cole; Mikel; Ramires; Modric; Mata; Torres; Sturridge

Bench: Hilario, Ivanovic, Rajkovic, Oriol, McEachran, Lukaku, Lampard, Drogba, Anelka

Still in 25-man squad: Ferriera, Bertrand, Van Aanholt, Kakuta

Sell: Kalou, Malouda, Alex, Benayoun in swap with Modric

Loan: Kakuta, Van Aanholt

Team: Cech; Bosingwa; Luiz; Terry; Cole; Mikel; Ramires; Modric; Mata; Torres; Sturridge Bench: Hilario, Ivanovic, Rajkovic, Oriol, McEachran, Lukaku, Lampard, Drogba, Anelka Still in 25-man squad: Ferriera, Bertrand, Van Aanholt, Kakuta Sell: Kalou, Malouda, Alex, Benayoun in swap with Modric Loan: Kakuta, Van Aanholt

mate Rajko is gone :(

'Recent' being the key word here..

The return of Sturridge should deduct Kalou from the first eleven (sense permitting).

Or, hopefully, deduct him from the first team squad, sense permitting!

Looking at our current line up...

1 Petr Cech

2 Branislav Ivanovic

3 Ashley Cole

4 David Luiz

5 Michael Essien

6 Oriol Romeu

7 Ramires

8 Frank Lampard

9 Fernando Torres

10 Yossi Benayoun

11 Didier Drogba

12 Mikel

15 Florent Malouda

17 Jose Bosingwa

18 Romelu Lukaku

19 Paulo Ferreira

20 Josh McEachran

21 Salomon Kalou

22 Ross Turnbull

23 Daniel Sturridge

26 John Terry

33 Alex

34 Ryan Bertrand

38 Patrick van Aanholt

39 Nicolas Anelka

40 Henrique Hilario

44 Gael Kakuta

00 Mata

I still find it hard to figure out who should get the boot. Kalou is the only player I'm 100% sure could go. Both Malouda and Anelka can be frustrating to watch at times, but then they pull some goals out of the bag as on Saturday and save our skins. Frank is looking worse for wear these days (another apology to justin_3d for my run ins with him on the subject) and Drogba hasn't done a great deal the last few games either. Obviously the latter wont, and shouldn't in my opinion, get kicked out. But are they happy to spend time on the bench? If not, how does that effect the team and the dynamic? Does that lead to falling outs and the manager being undermined?

In my mind the squad is too big, and we do need to lose a few bodies. But there are others who I'd much rather see recapture their form so we could have a good strong squad going forward.

I absolutely agree. Malouda and Anelka might be poor when off-form, but even when they are playing poorly they can be match winners, we saw it time and time again last season - they would score and win us games without playing well at all. Kalou can't even do that.