The crowded bench of AVB

Now if we get Modric that should put Lampard as a super sub. And one hell of a super sub we will have with Lampard, Drogba and Malouda!!!

I realy dont know how can you all be so blind, do you realy REALY think that Lampard will seat on the bench if Modric comes?

Im not asking if you think he should be on the bench or not, im asking if you think thats what going happen.

I see everyone writing that we are going to play Ramires instead of him... Its super obvious that we are going to play Lampard together with Modric, at least at the beginning of the season, until Lampard will play worse than now.

Guest justin_3d

I realy dont know how can you all be so blind, do you realy REALY think that Lampard will seat on the bench if Modric comes?

Im not asking if you think he should be on the bench or not, im asking if you think thats what going happen.

I see everyone writing that we are going to play Ramires instead of him... Its super obvious that we are going to play Lampard together with Modric, at least at the beginning of the season, until Lampard will play worse than now.

If that's the case then AVB is a freaking liar!

He said he will not play people out of form.

If that's the case then AVB is a freaking liar!

I dont think its a lie, if Remires will show he is such an effective midfielder for us, than he will play instead of Lampard.

But he didnt show it yet. Yes, he contributes for us with great tackels here and there, and nice runs like one-two times in a game

that speed up our game, but I cant see AVB preffer this player over Lampard, out of form as he will be.

Ramires has to be more efficient and more dominant if he wants to be a starter over Lampard, becuase Lampard can still score

his goals, and he's still our leader on the pitch together with JT. Its not that easy for a manager to bench a player like Lampard.

Especially after what he gave us for all those years.

Its very easy to bench Ramires in this situation. As much as i like his dynamic and energetic game, like i said, its just not enough. He got to be more dominante

on the pitch, in the diffensive side or the attacking side. Or both, what will make him our new Essien like we said when he came. He isnt there right now...

Guest justin_3d

I dont think its a lie, if Remires will show he is such an effective midfielder for us, than he will play instead of Lampard.

But he didnt show it yet. Yes, he contributes for us with great tackels here and there, and nice runs like one-two times in a game,

that speed up our game a bit, but I cant see AVB preffer this player over Lampard, out of form as he will be.

Ramires has to be more efficient and more dominant if he wants to be a starter over Lampard, becuase Lampard can still score

his goals, and he's still our leader on the pitch together with JT. Its not that easy for a manager to bench a player like Lampard.

Especially after what he gave us for all those years.

Its very easy to bench Ramires in this situation. As much as i like his dynamic and energetic game, like i said, its just not enough. He got to be more dominante

on the pitch, in the diffensive side or the attacking side. Or both, what will make him our new Essien like we said when he came. He isnt there right now...

I did not meant with Ramires. He is good and deserves to play the 80 or 90 min.

Lampard don't!

Guest justin_3d

i didnt understand this...

And can you explain why am i wrong? its kinda seem childish to say: "He's good, and the other one isnt". just saying.

Because of this:

Out of form is just that! No matter how good you where in the past, if you are not in form you don't play!

That is what AVB said.

And so far he has proven he is a liar by playing Lampard and having Yossi who is in form.

Because of this:

Out of form is just that! No matter how good you where in the past, if you are not in form you don't play!

That is what AVB said.

And so far he has proven he is a liar by playing Lampard and having Yossi who is in form.

Did you read my post?

About Yossi, i think he didnt play him because he's about to go. Its pretty obvious i think.

Because of this:

That is what AVB said.

All managers lie, the ones with excellent PR skills say the things others want to hear. We all know he's not going to drop Terry, Cole and Cech for example, when they suck. Maybe the same with Lampard, don't know yet with only 2 games in. If against Norwich there won't be any surprises in the line-up, then that will have my alarm bells ringing.

Guest justin_3d

All managers lie, the ones with excellent PR skills say the things others want to hear. We all know he's not going to drop Terry, Cole and Cech for example, when they suck. Maybe the same with Lampard, don't know yet with only 2 games in. If against Norwich there won't be any surprises in the line-up, then that will have my alarm bells ringing.

This makes more sense.

There was much negativity and impatience on this forum a month or so ago about us not signing this or that player that it got on my nerves. Some of us actually said to be a little more patient as AVB was assessing his squad before deciding on who he needed. We are finally getting right as in terms of acquiring young players for the future with ability and for this the club should be applauded imho.

Yes the squad looks slightly overloaded but we still have another 9 days or so to go to offload a couple or send some out on loan. I fully expect us to sign Modric now - the lack of creativity was plain for all to see on Saturday but i am really bullish about our squad and the future improvement of our attacking play this season with the current new signings and with Sturridge due back in September things can only get better. Mata looks a player of real quality that can use either foot and his arrival will finally give Malouda a boot up the arse that has been needed for some time, i'm no fan of his but it may inspire him to start playing to a high level on a consistent basis - if selected!

In a nutshell our midfield needs improvement and Hilario and Turnbull worry me as Cech's understudy, there is a need to cull 3 or 4 but i would be surprised if that happens, it's more likely that we will get rid of a few at the end of the season or possibly in January when AVB will assess the squad again.

If Modric joins, Lampard will be back to his former-self and will be hailed again, you'll see.

I know a lot will disagree but i have no doubt about it , the guy desperately needs a hand .... he always had a ballack - deco - thiago - godjunsen kind of player next to him , Ramires and Mikel are good players but put them next to iniesta and watch his creativity , he won't be as half effective as he is now .

This big bench can only be a good thing to me.

Whether we like it or not there is no such thing as a first choice XL anymore, fitness, injuries and different type of opponents will always get in the way of that. A big squad is key to mixing, rotating and coping with injuries during the season as we found out to horrendus cost last winter.

Guest justin_3d

So my post about Ramires doesnt make sense to you? :mellow:

Again, I would love to hear your thoughts about it. Something more than "good player", "deserves to play", "Lampard dont".

No, because you are saying about Lampard did this in the past and yati ya.

What I am saying is that AVB said he will play players in form! Not that they are stars, or done good in the past.

In form is now, and Lampard is not there.

If you take that argument, then Lampard should be bench, simple as that!

You know what I don't get, why is Lampard being finished such a bad thing or something for us to worry about so much (as in, whether he'll ever return to his old self)? The man has been playing at the highest level consistently for over 13 years (!) now, playing at least 40 to 60 games pretty much every season with hardly any rest. Look at the likes of Owen and Gerrard, their bodies are pretty much finished now and compare that to Lampard who's even older than them.

I'll always remember him as Chelsea and Premier League legend. But he's 33 now, he's allowed to be done and I don't care about him being finished. He's had a wonderful career in which reached the maximum of his ability, maybe even more.

It's time to move on and he needs to be replaced. It's time for him to step aside and let someone else be our main man (I know he's not the one who decides who plays). And he needs to play less so he can extend his career at the highest level like Giggs and Scholes did.

You make too much sense.

I agree. I think Lampard has the record on his name with 100 (?) consecutive games, if not more.. then he had 1 game break (I think) and continued his run. We got more out of him than we could have asked, and he still performed on the highest level for years... He never got a break. The team was so used to having him dictate the play that without him we were somewhat clueless and chaotic - that mental factor could still be around today, not sure. At 33 after a major injury it is only natural for his form to dip considerably... you could say it was his breaking point after being overused. There is a thing called "professional burnout" (or smth), that's when your fatigue sets in, and it applies to every profession in the world. I don't blame Lampard in anything, it's not his fault he never got a deserved break and he got constantly abused by outside fans ... Around the world he's overlooked but in Chelsea he'll always be a legend and if this season for him turns out to be average, then I won't blame him, but the manager who refuses to acknowledge that he's given all he's got and still waits for miracles... No doubt he still has a lot to offer, and maybe he will blow us away and bag in another 20... who knows :D If that were to really happen, I will call him a superhuman.