Juan Mata

Severinb

In what ways?

Its difficult to compare since they have different roles but Mata is a younger player but quality wise he's just as good at what he does as Silva. Mata has better speed, whereas Silva probably edges him out slightly in technique.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/mata-jugara-chelsea/20110819dasdasftb_27/Tes

Juan Mata will play at Chelsea next season. The London club and Valencia forces today resumed negotiations for the transfer and are on the verge of reaching an agreement by a figure close to 30 million euros. Kill himself has asked the President of Valencia, Manuel Llorente, who transferred if it considers that the figure provided by the Chelsea is satisfactory.

The operation is not closed and still continue to be debated fringes, but no doubt by now that it is a matter of hours the sale of the player.

The excanterano of Madrid is a special request of the coach of London, Andre Villas-Boas, the owner of the club, Roman Abramovich. He also asked the Tottenham signing Luka Modric organizer.

Both Chelsea players could spend 70 million euros. Abramovich wanted to put players in the operation, but Valencia will only accept cash. Before Chelsea, Arsenal probed the player, but never made a concrete proposal to Valencia.

It's mad to think Liverpool and Arsenal had more Spanish players than us a couple of weeks ago. Am I right in saying Mata will be the 6th Spaniard to ever join Chelsea?

Let's see... Tejera was a youngster but never broke through, Torres and Romeu obviously, Del Horno, Ferrer... and maybe someone more but can't remember. 6th might be right.

I hope the presence of two other Spaniards will make it easy for Mata and Oriol to fit in and not feel too home sick. couple that with the number of players that should be able to speak spanish and maybe they will fit right in.

I have never found a bad joke so funny as the Juan Mata puns. I always find myself giggling after reading each one

this quote from the article makes me wanna keep AVB around for a while

"The difference is at these clubs the manager is an established long-term figure. No manager has lasted more than four seasons at Chelsea since Dave Sexton left in 1974."

Read more: http://www.belfastte...l#ixzz1VXQLXpWc

Guest justin_3d

IMO Mata is better than Silva

Your got to be joking?

Are you turning into those delusional pool fans that can't tell fantasy from reality?

Your got to be joking?

Are you turning into those delusional pool fans that can't tell fantasy from reality?

Why is it hard to believe somebody thinks Mata is better than Silva? Silva is good and has proven himself in EPL, but he is far from untouchable in terms of skill. The only way to really compare those two is when they start playing in the same league (I don't follow Spanish league, so I can't compare from the time they played in Valencia)... But yeah, I like Silva too, but I don't think comparing him to Mata is anywhere near "delusional". Mata would probably play a different role for us too as a winger, while Silva is their playmaker more than anything.

Guest justin_3d

Why is it hard to believe somebody thinks Mata is better than Silva? Silva is good and has proven himself in EPL, but he is far from untouchable in terms of skill. The only way to really compare those two is when they start playing in the same league (I don't follow Spanish league, so I can't compare from the time they played in Valencia)... But yeah, I like Silva too, but I don't think comparing him to Mata is anywhere near "delusional".

And then we should go into the argument and think why a pool fan believes Downing is better then Mata....