Juan Mata

Severinb

good stuff. hopefully Roman can lay down the law from the start and make it clear that this club is not a stepping stone to Barcelona or Madrid.

Eh, if they wanna go, they wanna go. The good news is if either of those teams want a player, he must be awesome.

Won't have to worry about Torres--can't play tiki taka and he won't go to RM.

Its just a Mata of time before we see Juan (father/agent) of the Matas at Cobham to finalize the deal. Supposedly father/agent will be at SB to watch the match.

Where did you hear that btw? :)

:giggle:

Lmfao at the comments :lol:

Eh, if they wanna go, they wanna go. The good news is if either of those teams want a player, he must be awesome.

During the last international break that seemed to knock some cobwebs loose for Torres, he and his brother stopped by Atleti. He jokingly asked if they were looking for a #9. If he ever returns home it may be for a final hurrah at Atleti where by all accounts he is still worshipped.

i`ll shut up now and go in the kitchen out of the way so the party can continue..let`s just say i won`t be buying a shirt with his name on the back. should be good for us when his heart is into the club tho atleast.

You really like using pie in analogies, don't you?

One of the sweeter parts of the deal is that Arsenal really wanted him.

I am in a phase :D

There was the Sauce era, the Batman era, the Pun era, and now i am entering the Pie analogy era :getin:

i`ll shut up now and go in the kitchen out of the way so the party can continue..let`s just say i won`t be buying a shirt with his name on the back. should be good for us when his heart is into the club tho atleast.

I get what you're saying. The view seems to be that every Spanish player wants to go to Barca or Madrid. If they can't go there they'll go somewhere else begrudgingly (or that's the impression from the Spanish media which can be tilted quite heavily toward either Barca or Madrid). The Spanish media has a hard time believing any player of quality would want to leave Spain so they must not be quite that special.

Silva when he left Valencia and arrived at City was desperately homeseek for several months. He missed the warm weather, the food, the language, everything. Now's he's a dynamo for that team. As with anybody new to a country it takes time to adjust.

Anybody else Chelsea should take a look at at Valencia? Villa, Silva, now Mata.

I get what you're saying. The view seems to be that every Spanish player wants to go to Barca or Madrid. If they can't go there they'll go somewhere else begrudgingly (or that's the impression from the Spanish media which can be tilted quite heavily toward either Barca or Madrid). The Spanish media has a hard time believing any player of quality would want to leave Spain so they must not be quite that special.

Silva when he left Valencia and arrived at City was desperately homeseek for several months. He missed the warm weather, the food, the language, everything. Now's he's a dynamo for that team. As with anybody new to a country it takes time to adjust.

Anybody else Chelsea should take a look at at Valencia? Villa, Silva, now Mata.

Paco Alcacer is one to keep an eye on