Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

You know you are shit when a 33 year old free transfer is performing better than you!

I really wonder what Lukaku did wrong to deserve this constant bashing from your side, even when he's far away from The Bridge and won us a whole lot of money.

Don't forget that this guy is a genuine boyhood Chelsea fan, a big difference with the vast majority of mercennaries playing for the top clubs around the world. So he really doesn't deserve all that stick.

Grow up.

Mind telling me tomorrows winning lottery numbers while your at it?

Technique is probably the hardest thing to improve. Most people who possess great technique were born with it, its not a learned skill. You can perform drills to get better but for the most part its a gift.

I really wonder what Lukaku did to you, your mother or your wife to deserve this constant bashing from your side, even when he's far away from The Bridge and won us a whole lot of money.

Don't forget that this guy is a genuine boyhood Chelsea fan, a big difference with the vast majority of mercennaries playing for the top clubs around the world. So he really doesn't deserve all that stick.

Grow up.

Hmmm... Something just ain't right here.

Still a shit footballer and not worth a third of what Everton paid.

No idea what you're banging on about. Shit footballer don't score with regularity in the toughest competition in the world... You're trolling and making an ass of yourself.

No idea what you're banging on about. Shit footballer don't score with regularity in the toughest competition in the world... You're trolling and making an ass of yourself.

Go on to the Everton forums. No one is happy with his performances. He might score 1 goal every now and then but he doesnt contribute any other way. No technique, terrible touch, no hold up play. All the attributes needed for a decent striker.

Go on to the Everton forums. No one is happy with his performances. He might score 1 goal every now and then but he doesnt contribute any other way. No technique, terrible touch, no hold up play. All the attributes needed for a decent striker.

I don't need to go to any forums, I can draw my own conclusions from what I see. Lukaku is not the striker we needed (complete) but he is still very useful and in some ways skillful.

I've seen many strikers who have better technique, touch and can hold the ball score way fewer goals than he has tallied for West Brom and Everton. He's not a finished article, what he lacks in technique he will compensate for with movement and physical presence once he matures mentally.

Oh ffs, it's still Eto'o, who became a free agent when he decided not to stay here. Last year it was the other way around between him and Romelu for most of the time. Form fluctuates.

Eto'o's contributions last season are criminally under appreciated, especially from December after he acclimatised. The fact a lot of people thought Torres was better than him says it all.

He was a better fit to us last season than Lukaku would have been, in my opinion. I think having Eto'o guiding him for a couple of years could be the making of Lukaku if he takes Samuels expierence and advice on board.

Eto'o's contributions last season are criminally under appreciated, especially from December after he acclimatised. The fact a lot of people thought Torres was better than him says it all.

He was a better fit to us last season than Lukaku would have been, in my opinion. I think having Eto'o guiding him for a couple of years could be the making of Lukaku if he takes Samuels expierence and advice on board.

I don't think so, almost everyone loved Eto'o after his full season. He was our best striker, no doubt about that

A shit footballer can be very prolific just ask inzaghi and chicharito. There's a distinction with being a good/great finisher and footballer. and it's no coincidence that those strikers who excel at both qualities are rated as world class and amongst the best in their position from generation to generation. His touch, hold up and link up play, passing and overall technique are what makes him a shit footballer (for lack of a better word) however he's a good finisher and that makes him a useful/effective/good striker.

To further illustrate my point, zola, when asked about the worst footballer he's ever played with in a end of the season serie a review mentioned pippo. He said he literally couldn't control the ball even in training yet no one would deny that he's one of the greatest goal scorer/poacher of the last generation.

I don't think so, almost everyone loved Eto'o after his full season. He was our best striker, no doubt about that

I still think his contributions were underrated, he scored crucial goals, his general play was top notch (even early on when he was still acclimatising, he rarely made a bad decision on the ball).

His thread until he scored the hat trick against United was awful, scapegoating that only Kalou got more, I was genuinely amazed that I was drawn into a debate with lots of people thinking Torres was better, Eto'o is light years ahead of Torres in every single aspect of the game.

If we kept him this year, I wouldn't worry at all if Costa needed a week or two off, as much as I like Remy, I think Samuel is better suited to this team, he has such an amazing mentality, it's like having Mourinho on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...